HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by nautique, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:38 AM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2011
540 Posts
Trader Rating: 73
Wanted
Open Pilot CC, Stupid Question I know but have to ask, any available?

Stupid Question I know but have to ask, any available?

John-
nautique is online now Find More Posts by nautique
Last edited by nautique; Feb 23, 2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: change
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:04 PM
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,110 Posts
Trader Rating: 85
Stupid, Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautique View Post
Stupid Question I know but have to ask, any available?

John-
Well, just keep an eye out for one. It comes and goes pretty fast. You will just have to wait and see.
You can also go to openpilot website and put your name on the long list pre-order. Well not really pre-order but at least they will know how many people are waiting for one.
actionplus is offline Find More Posts by actionplus
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:32 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Trader Rating: 193
I'd suggest hang tight and wait for the upcoming CC3D which is an updated board from the original OPCC. Suppose to have different gyro's at the very least.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Feb 2011
540 Posts
Thanks much, missed the two for sale last night by minutes. Just like others I'm sure. Didn't know about the up-coming new release though. Will have to look out for it.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Thanks much, missed the two for sale last night by minutes. Just like others I'm sure. Didn't know about the up-coming new release though. Will have to look out for it.
not suggesting this is the reason we are starting to see more CC boards hit the for sale thread, but it would stand to be reason that the owners of the older CC board are looking to sell now, versus when the new CC3D board is out

Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
540 Posts
That would not be unheard of. Any opinions for a quad-noob debating between Open pilot vs. DJI Naza, (other than price)?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
That would not be unheard of. Any opinions for a quad-noob debating between Open pilot vs. DJI Naza, (other than price)?
open pilot board is a good one when its under $100 bucks.
It doesn't have certain features that other boards have, but of course for more money.

if baro is not something you are desperately in need of, then the OPcc fits the bill.

If you need all the DOF features such as acc, mag, gryo, baro, etc then something like the multiwiicopter's paris V4 board with their sirius board installed is good.

I am using this board and it works as advertised, but isn't the best out there.

To get the best, one must pay some good money, however the Naza is gaining some real love from those who use it, but given that its still somewhat "newish" in my opinion, the firmware needs to mature a bit more.

$230 for the naza...seems reasonable, but know the risks associated with it at its current level of coding.
If you read through the Naza thread(s), many love it, many are fighting with it, and some dislike it completely.

For a multirotor noob, I'd suggest the paris wii board, or perhaps the quadrino advanced board. Others may agree or disagree..it really comes down to your comfort level with working with the Arduino app and multi wii code (really not that hard...just takes a little bit of time to familiarize with the steps involved)

or as I mentioned, keep an eye out for the CC3D or perhaps the "revolution" board if it hits the market.

for plug and play fun, the Naza seems to be quite popular.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,667 Posts
Trader Rating: 87
Is the open pilot really good? Is it better than hover fly? I have a tmf aq50d pro and it flys pretty well. Just trying to figure out who's the best and no known issues.
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
540 Posts
I'm using a Quadrino advanced now and it is really stable, I do really like it. I would, however prefer something with a little bit better baro. My Witespy 450 tends to float up and down quite a bit. Maybe I just don't know how to really tune it in just yet.