HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:24 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
Discussion
Lotus RC - T580 Next Story 2012 -

Hi all, my T580 from 2011, Betatester T580 I will say to him, is now Rebuild.

The Story.... I get him March 2011 from Lotus Rc as a Tester. From Beginning on it was nice to fly him. No Problems. I count more then ?? 70 Lipos of Flying. And more than 15 RC Pilots flying the T in My RcHeliHallBerlin, Indoor and Outdoor. See my Videos on you Tube. Flying Summer at Hot Temp and moderate Temps. With no Load and 560gramm extra Load - Cam Cam Gimbal, Cam on Top underneath and so on . I put 800gramm for Testing on . All Works fine till the first Flip of Death in ??? i cant remeber exactly , after Summer. Indoor , No Wind , No Load. Flip and some broken Props, some Scratches at Motors andCover. Rebuild , Fix it , Ok and fly again . But from Now on whith a strange Feeling in my Neck. So, some Lipos all was Ok . Then the next FOD whwn a Friend was flying. Upps. and again FOD. Lucky all in only 5 Meters High. Then Lotus send me a NEW ( They Say Software New ) FC and Later two New Escs with Soldered Motor connectors. After build in all, one escs dont work from Beginning on. So I bought one New here in Germany from RC-Discount.de on my own and the Result you can see now in my Video. !!! Watch out to do all Testing without Props first, like me today on my Table at Home.
The New FC and Escs Does not work , ?? togehter ??? First it looks so, but when near half Throttle suddenly the escs shut off. And the esc-Leds only flimmering and the Motors lower with each second the Speed. And You have no Control over the T when you try to do Stick movements.
This is in Air the FOD, on Table - Lucky i am. I am now clueless. And why Lotus Rc have closed the old Thread too? I will fly the T.
So Please Lotus Rc, arrange a Solution. I waiting for ...........all waiting. Send me a PM please. And on Skype too.
http://youtu.be/Brvr0Au3kIQ
Mike RCHHB
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Last edited by Rc Heli Halle; Feb 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:08 PM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
Next Day - Next Try and the T580

Hi,
my mistake? All Fc they I have in my Spare parts Box Look the same. All have production Stamp from 2211-1-22. The old and the new Fc from lotus Rc with new Software. So yesterday with New Escs and Old Fc there was a difficulty understanding between both Parts. I hope so. Today I tested another Fc . And it works and Flys good. The Time will bring results how good.
Filming with my Handy in front of my RCHHB Workshop.
http://youtu.be/kBjYaUleQFo

Thanks to Lotus RC for sending all Tester Parts and the T580 for all Pilots here in Berlin who fly the T.
Mike RCHHB
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:35 PM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
Next Day and End of Story - FOD after 5 Sec

Hi all,
I am tired and disappointed. Today on Grandpas Plot , I want fly but the T580 not.
After Lift off and 5sec in Hover 2meters High. FOD.
Landing on Back and Motors dont stop.
Here some Pics.
Please Lotus Rc , please offer a Solution.
Mike RCHHB
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:42 PM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
so what your saying is even though if we look at your posts from a few months back where you swore down on the following

lotusrc wont let you down

drilling holes in the dome stops flips

seperating the esc's stops flips

adding bigger caps stops fips

adding parts from kite shop stops flips

alum arms stops flips

new lotusrc esc's stop flips

new lotusrc flight controller stops flips

new lotusrc software stops flips (they changed stuff did they??? yea right!)

the t580 "gang" or is that disbanded gang? stops flips

Alishamue now selling t580 means its stopped flipping?

you mean to say ALL of your findings were actually BS??? and all of the things i said would happen has now happened?

you already know how to fix the flip problem i told EVERYONE what to do many times before, might i make a suggestion please? either take my advise and fix the quad the way i told you too and the way you have seen MANY t580 users FIX the flip of death ie

remove crap electronics

install good electronics

kiss flip of death sweet goodbye!

what is hard to understand about the above please?

you cant be bothered to take my advice then just enjoy playing buckeroo with your quad and stop complaining about it its getting boring now

quick recap of the last year

flies great

no problems

oh it crashed sort of

fixed now

flies great

flipped

mods galore

flies great

flips

mods galore

flies great

oh how surprising this week it flipped three times

yet you still keep posting t580 BS as if you truly believe if you keep doing the exact same thing time and time again you will eventually get different results with the same hardware?

do you know how many excallent flight controllers you have missed out on while wasting your life playing with lotusrc stuff?
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:07 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
Oh boy, Mike why do you do this to yourself?
Think of all the time, nerves and money you invested into this flipping piece of crap.

If it's about costs and the will to fly around happily: get yourself a 20$ KK and some cheap chinese ESCs and forget about the past. Let the fun start!
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:36 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
All you are right. And my trying now at the end.
I am not the man who gives up easily, but eventually it's over.
But I felt somehow obligated to try everything at and for Lotus Rc. Because Lotus Rc have always sent the parts and even after all along had a sales value of just near 1000 -. €. So I did not want to give up. As commemorating the T580 I will continue to use the frame and landing gear. All other share offer for sale.
Do need anyone T580 Parts ? LoL.
Mike RCHHB
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:42 PM
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Looked before I leaped Lotus T580

I just joined the group. I got interested in quads for filming and saw the Lotus T580P+ as a bargain. I just received it yesterday. Planning to use it with a camera, I chose to balance the blades first which took me quite a while, both orange blades were grossly unbalanced. I put them on with thread-lock as many suggest. I got a WFT07 transmitter with it and turned it on again hoping to start hovering. When I increased the throttle one of the motors wasn't turning so I stopped and turned it with my hand, (it now seems hard to turn). When I tried the throttle again, I only heard a beep. I took off the top and the ESC burned my finger when I touched it. Could the ESC be ruined? Can it be tested? Why would a motor be hard to turn? Is the motor bad, too?

I can't believe I spend a grand on something so delicate!
Slick1983 is offline Find More Posts by Slick1983
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,380 Posts
You might maybe find answers reading this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384681
Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 5V Power Supply
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:47 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
Hi Slick 1983,
when one Motor dont turn at Start and it is hard to turn by Hand, the Motor Housing must have a Damage and touching the inner Coils, When want Start now Motors, then This can then result in a Burned esc. When the escs not Blinking red, then you can throw them ...........
All Testing Motors and before first Flight , everytime without Props.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:21 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Why do people even bother with this quad these days? I've read so many bad things about it. Sudden flips, electronics failing and so on. I'm not sure if the price has changed or not, but I got a PDF from Alishanmao a long time ago with the prices and this thing is freaking expensive. For half the price you can get something with Avroto motors or Tiger motors and a realy nice frame.

I know some replace the electronics, I saw this thing in a video by Warthox and he flew it with an MWC board. It looked much better and more agile with that, but it was still about as graceful as a whale. By the way, I wrote that in one of Alishamnaos videos and that post was quickly deleted.

And in all of his T580+ videos all I see is a wobbly mess and motors that sound like they're full of grit. Maybe I'm too quick to judge, but there are SO many alternatives out there these days. I'd use those 500-800 bucks on something else.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:39 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Why do people even bother with this quad these days? I've read so many bad things about it. Sudden flips, electronics failing and so on. I'm not sure if the price has changed or not, but I got a PDF from Alishanmao a long time ago with the prices and this thing is freaking expensive. For half the price you can get something with Avroto motors or Tiger motors and a realy nice frame.

I know some replace the electronics, I saw this thing in a video by Warthox and he flew it with an MWC board. It looked much better and more agile with that, but it was still about as graceful as a whale. By the way, I wrote that in one of Alishamnaos videos and that post was quickly deleted.

And in all of his T580+ videos all I see is a wobbly mess and motors that sound like they're full of grit. Maybe I'm too quick to judge, but there are SO many alternatives out there these days. I'd use those 500-800 bucks on something else.
Its pretty clear the OP is just hoping for more free parts.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:38 PM
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Thanks for the help. Some of the Lock-Tight must have caused the motor to seize. Helipal is going to replace the ESC. I'll have to buy another motor and retry it then, being sure the motors will turn. I'm new to this, but why aren't the C/clockwise motors left-handed thread?
Slick1983 is offline Find More Posts by Slick1983
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1983 View Post
I'm new to this, but why aren't the C/clockwise motors left-handed thread?
Because the damned things are built by people that are more computer literate than they are mechanically inclined. They obviously don't have much experience in actually building things. I see it all the time at work with engineers that see something working great on paper but have a hard time accepting how it operates in the real world.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:02 PM
Gustaff
Guatemala
Joined Aug 2008
18 Posts
Is there a way to use standard ESC's with this controller?, could it be used to stabilize a fixed wing? I don't want to loos all my money, any ideas are welcome.
Lherning is offline Find More Posts by Lherning