Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:43 AM
Portugal, Braga, Vila Nova de Famalic„o
Joined Oct 2009
133 Posts
Help!
What Tool?? Hex screw kit for copterx

Hi

Just receive a copterx v2 and starting to disasemble it to make sure everything has loctite.
There are some screws i cannot remove! They are the ones in the swashplate (and every one like those) that hold the links.... I tryed with a ph 00, ph 0, ph 1 and pz 00, pz 0 and pz 1 cross screwdrivers and i just cant...
What am i doing wrong? should i use a spanner box?? (dont have any that size to try)

Sorry for the dumb question

One more thing.. Does any one know of a hex screw kit for the copterx 450??
oacilamaf is offline Find More Posts by oacilamaf
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:17 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
I don't understand. Your post states that you've been using a set of cross (Phillips) screwdrivers.

Do you not have a set of Hex drivers? If not, you DEFINITELY need to add a set to your tool box. Just get a good set.......bad tools are as bad as soft screws.

Im not familiar with the screws on a CopterX head/swash but if its not a 00 Philips than its probably a 1.5mm hex.

As far as the screw kit I believe that the CopterX 450 is the same as a Trex450SE V2. Get a screw kit for that model. Oh BTW Ive not heard good reviews on the RCScrews screw kit....seems as though some of their screws are soft also, and the kit doesn't have everything you need for your Heli.

Most people just buy the Align screws....they are cheap enough.
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Last edited by desertdweller; Feb 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:07 AM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
CopterX sells screw kits for all of their models. As DesertDweller said you can also get a Trex 450 screw kit as well if you don't want to wait for shipping from China.

It has always been my thinking that when I am going through a new heli and threadlocking all of the screws, if there is a screw that absolutely will not come out I'll just leave it alone and not bother. If it's set in there that tight then it will be fine. If you absolutely need to get it out there are a couple of ways. First you need to make sure you are using the right tool, it almost sounds like you are using a phillips screw driver to get out a hex screw which is not the right tool. You need to get a decent set of hex drivers, ones that are made of hardened steel. The next step is to use heat to loosen the screw. Use a soldering iron to heat the screw, this will soften any threadlock that may be holding it tight. As a last resort I will drill the screw out. This quite frequently ends up with me ruining the part the screw was stuck in and I would then buy a new one.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:28 AM
Portugal, Braga, Vila Nova de Famalic„o
Joined Oct 2009
133 Posts
Hi

Thanks for your help.
I am not that dumb actually the screws in the copterx v2 are 90% cross screws.
I guess you are right when you say that if its so hard to remove it, it means i shouldn mess with it.

Can you please send me a link for some of the screw sets you mentioned? i have been looking but i dont find the complete kit (only for the frame)

thanks
oacilamaf is offline Find More Posts by oacilamaf
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:05 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
The frame kits will be all that you can buy. For some reason the manufacturers don't sell screw kits for the heads. A lot of the screws for the frame can also be used in the head as well.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30