Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:54 AM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,060 Posts
Discussion
JST XH to CellPro 6s Adapter?

I have some 6s CellPro packs and I want to be able to check the battery voltage but my battery checker only has the JST XH pins. Is there an adapter I can buy?
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
I have some 6s CellPro packs and I want to be able to check the battery voltage but my battery checker only has the JST XH pins. Is there an adapter I can buy?
Hi,

I'm sorry but we do not make an adatper to convert our JST-PA connector to JST-XH. Thanks.
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:18 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,634 Posts
This will work I believe

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5pcs_bag_.html

The JST-HX male end will match the cell reader nad I believe the other end will match the FMA LiPolys.

They are on back order but worth putting on an alert list ,perhaps.

Problem is that not that many LiPoly brands ever used the JST-PA connectors.
The spacing for the JST-PA is the same as used by Thunder Power but the housing ,keys and latches are different. I have modified TP balancing leads to work with FMA chargers / balancers and it is not reall difficult for a DIY type / model builder.

You could also purchase a 6S 7 lead JST -XH male pigtail (connector with leads) from most anywhere and purchase a JST-PA female pigtail from FMA and roll your own if you can solder and have heat shrink .

I have made so many adapters ( gender / brand ) changers over the years that I sometimes forget not everyone can solder or knows how to locate supplies.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:50 PM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
This will work I believe

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5pcs_bag_.html

The JST-HX male end will match the cell reader nad I believe the other end will match the FMA LiPolys.

They are on back order but worth putting on an alert list ,perhaps.

Problem is that not that many LiPoly brands ever used the JST-PA connectors.
The spacing for the JST-PA is the same as used by Thunder Power but the housing ,keys and latches are different. I have modified TP balancing leads to work with FMA chargers / balancers and it is not reall difficult for a DIY type / model builder.

You could also purchase a 6S 7 lead JST -XH male pigtail (connector with leads) from most anywhere and purchase a JST-PA female pigtail from FMA and roll your own if you can solder and have heat shrink .

I have made so many adapters ( gender / brand ) changers over the years that I sometimes forget not everyone can solder or knows how to locate supplies.

Charles
Thanks for the info Charles. I don't think that HK adapter is going to work because my 6s packs have two balance connectors. They look similar to ThunderPower but different housings. I might try your idea of modifying a ThunderPower adapter.
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni