HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
blitzrcworks 5 channel f16 with thrust vectoring

i got this blitzrcworks 5 channel f16 with thrust vectoring from banana hobby. it took me a while to get everything set on it but now everything is set and looks great! the controls are all working as they sould and the 64mm edf sounds as healthy as a dyson vacum cleaner! anyway just hoping someone else has one of these beauties and has flown it?? any good advise on flying would be greatly apreciated. also if anyone out there knows if it is easier to fly these edf jets with the thrust vectoring on or off? i wont be flying it for a while for i am newbee and i will be starting off with with a j3 cub till i work my way to the jet. thanx 4 reading! good times!!
ramboner is offline Find More Posts by ramboner
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:37 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,214 Posts
I do not have the exact plane you mentioned, but I just maidened a FMS F-16 two weeks ago. It is very easy to fly if you have experience on any low wing warbirds. General speaking, F-16 is an easy flying EDF due to its original aerodynamic design. But it still would be a big leap from J3.

I did the opposite way around, never have a trainer but learn flying from those inexpensive low wing warbirds, brushless AT-6 in my case, from Bananahobby or alike. And then moved to bigger, faster planes. I got my FMS F16 for a while but was not confident enough to fly it until two weeks ago, but it was surprisingly more docile than my big propped aerobatic planes, especially in head wind.

I then built a 55" wingspan J3 for my wife and maidened it last week.. It is very stable but reacts so slowly, relatively, to any input I had made. Even though I put a 600W motor and a big prop in it, it still has too much drag. After landed the J3, I flew my F-16 and could barely get my feeling of flying fast back at the beginning. So If I were you, I would try some low wings first and then move to EDF, and try to keep the maiden as simple as possible. I would not even use rudder until I get used to the flying characteristics. Just my $.02. Happy flying!
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Last edited by Vince_TT; Feb 24, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:10 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
@ramboner - I just got this in yesterday and put it together last night. I am having some issues setting up the servo leads to my receiver and setting up the thrust vectoring on my DX6i.

Here is my post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1604654

Could you shed some light on how you connected your servos and how to set up the thrust vectoring to turn off and on?

From everything I have read they recommend flying your maiden without thrust vectoring and never using it when landing or taking off. YMMV but that is what they suggested on some other forums and on the bananahobby.com video review.

Thanks!
justincredibleg is offline Find More Posts by justincredibleg
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:25 AM
Joined Feb 2012
27 Posts
I need to know how you made the TV working, what control did you use to program the plane?
Just received it and don't know how to make the thrust vector work with my Futaba 7ch so please help me out! Plane is all set and looks awesome everything came nice in place and is all set except TV.
pedrobraulio is offline Find More Posts by pedrobraulio
Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:09 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,199 Posts
Good luck with this one .its way under powered vt is unathoritive at best even when I stripped down the LG and hand launched it .I changed out to edf to an RClander 64 mm on 2200 4s then i installed a 70mm world models fan and now I just keep it hung up in the hanger .this plane is the same size very close to the hobby lobby 80mm superscale f-16 .I liked the way the airframe goes together it makes it easy to work on .I just got tired of fooling with it and to many other planes that fly way better
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:47 PM
Mike
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Mar 2003
1,107 Posts
The video on Banana Hobby (by Pete) says it is stock and it seems to fly with authority!
mmatheny is offline Find More Posts by mmatheny
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
I handlaunch mine, felt nose heavy on the maiden flight with the 2200 4S

Starmax F16 64mm Hand Launch and Maiden Flight (1 min 43 sec)
Mesher is offline Find More Posts by Mesher
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:05 PM
speeddemon
United States, TX, Whitesboro
Joined Jun 2011
138 Posts
U just got this plane and the thrust vectoring doesnt work on my TH9x, not sure why i should be able to just turn it on or off. its connected to the receiver, not sure why its not working?
tofast4u is offline Find More Posts by tofast4u
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:08 PM
speeddemon
Joined Jun 2011
138 Posts
I* not you? lol
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:19 PM
speeddemon
Joined Jun 2011
138 Posts
And has anyone done a mod to the dang landing gear? the rear landing gear on mine you can tilt the plane side to side and its so stupid? should i just glue it in or something? i would rather not do a hand launch..