Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:15 PM
dumbthumb
World's Ass - Chile
Joined Dec 2004
346 Posts
Discussion
Using a Lipo Boster and Optimas

Hi

I got a voltage booster that I use to power an Optima 6 Light for a Binary DLG with a single cell 350 lipo.

May I get a real lipo Volts reading if the lipo is connected directly to SPC port keeping the booster connected to an empty channel? TX keeps 5V on display all the time, I want to know the real Lipo voltage, before it dies or get a brown out...

I guess not, but worth the question.
aleXtino is offline Find More Posts by aleXtino
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXtino View Post
Hi I got a voltage booster that I use to power an Optima 6 Light for a Binary DLG with a single cell 350 lipo.
May I get a real lipo Volts reading if the lipo is connected directly to SPC port keeping the booster connected to an empty channel?
TX keeps 5V on display all the time, I want to know the real Lipo voltage, before it dies or get a brown out... I guess not, but worth the question
No, the Optima transceiver would shut down as a single Lipo is below the minimum operating
voltage which the SPC port requires to power the transceiver.

Optima Transceiver & Minima (RX) - Voltage Input Limits.

Optima Transceiver (RX) - SPC connection & Lead FAQ for EP & GP models.
"Notes
Optima voltage requirements are 4.8-7.4v being the nominal value of a 2S Lipo.
A fully charged 2S Lipo being maximum input voltage to the Servo Bus.
Whilst the Optima accept 2S, extremely few servos are capable of running on a 2S lipo."

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:08 AM
dumbthumb
World's Ass - Chile
Joined Dec 2004
346 Posts
Im using this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11784

with a single lipo to power rx connected to a spare channel. It keeps reading 5V, so, I wonder if there are any other way to get real volts of the lipo.
aleXtino is offline Find More Posts by aleXtino
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXtino View Post
<snip> a single lipo to power rx connected to a spare channel. It keeps reading 5V, so, I wonder if there are any other way to get real volts of the lipo.
Yes, with additional equipment which overall may be to heavy for a 1S powered model.
Telemetry - HTS-Volt & HTS-SS_Blue setup.

Minima receivers have a lower operating voltage, but to achieve lower weight/size/operating volt level,
lack ability to return data.

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.