SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:56 PM
Desert Rat
Desert Southwest
Joined Dec 2005
210 Posts
Help!
Need a new Wing for my 2m Art-Hobby Sky-E

What options do I have for a new wing for my Art-Hobby 2.0m Sky-E?

I cracked up the wing this last weekend and since I can't afford a new ship I hope to find a new wing to get her back in the air as beautiful as she was before.

I want a very light modern-foil thermalling wing that's up to 2.5 meters long to fit where the old one was. The old wing wasn't quite doing it in the thermal department and I know there are some awesome new foils to be had. Somewhere.

I'm looking for something like a Hyper/Omega/Pulsar 2.3m wing if it will work. Whatever is great for desert thermals.

The original plane was:
. 3s 1350mAh batteries (upgradable if necessary)
. Phoenix 25A ESC (Have a PHX 35A I can use)
. 30mm spinner with 13.5cm blades (long! but beautifully curved)
. AH ART-900 motor (??? - Andre suggested this motor/prop combo.)
. 1.1m long fuselage with V-tail as seen here.

I generally:
. fly in low wind conditions
. fly in warm-to-hot conditions
. hand-catch landings - the motor only spins in LAUNCH setting with the butterfly switch thrown. The throttle stick is set for "camber" (CRUISE) and "flaperon angle" (LAND)

As I hope is obvious, I really love this plane but I'm ready for a new airfoil. I want something with flaps and ailerons, fairly responsive, and good lift. I've been flying my xp4.5 DLG and I know a new wing can make this Sky-E 2m plane fly, if not as good as a DLG, then at least MUCH better than it was showing me.

Any pointers or help will be greatly appreciated.
Avetikus is offline Find More Posts by Avetikus
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
Desert Rat
Desert Southwest
Joined Dec 2005
210 Posts
I also soon need a new wing for the xp4.5 DLG, but that's a few months in the future. Maybe next year.
Avetikus is offline Find More Posts by Avetikus