Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:35 PM
Boston, MA
Joined May 2003
163 Posts
Suggestion
Misplaced ads under the first post

First thing, I like the new styles. I have tried to used both adaptive and fluid to get used to them. I even posted in a thread how I didn't mind them at all.

However, after using them a while now, I have to go back to classic. The misplaced ads after the first post has become really bothersome and annoying. They break up the flow of the thread. And instead of drawing reader's attention to them, they do the opposite and annoy the reader. I can see that other people have similar opinions to my own.

The ads themselves are fine. In fact I like them. I often see an ad for a vendor who has something I had been interested in. And I know they help with the cost of running the site.

I understand the idea of spacing out the ads, but they do not belong in between posts in a thread. Please seriously consider moving them. Placed on a right sidebar perhaps.

One other consideration is a page dedicated to the banners/ads. I see there is already a page with a list of sponsors. But it would be nice to see a page with the banners/ads. I was looking for one that I had noticed too late as I was browsing pages. It took me over an hour of reloading pages to see it again. A page that had them would have been really helpful then.

Thank you.
Snuffleupagus is offline Find More Posts by Snuffleupagus
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:44 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,284 Posts
Thanks for the input. Our current sponsor page shows all ads that are currently running on the site except for swf ads. After reading your post it might be a good idea to have those shown as well.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:52 PM
Boston, MA
Joined May 2003
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Our current sponsor page shows all ads that are currently running on the site except for swf ads.
Actually, you were right. I somehow missed the little "click here to view all banners" part up top when I was looking through the sponsors. I apologize.

Still, please do consider moving the ads from in between posts in the threads.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:42 PM
Boston, MA
Joined May 2003
163 Posts
I just want to post a thank you for deciding to move the ad out of the under the first post slot. I am once again enjoying the new style.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I like the ads. They sometimes show me new things I want to get. However, I want to point out that they sometimes do not show for me both at top and bottom, specially those at the bottom.

If anyone can advise as to get them to show all the time it would greatly appreciated.

Thank you