HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by StayQuiet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, MA, Oxford
Joined Jul 2011
78 Posts
Build Log
Demi Duster - official start

02/22/12 - just making a note for myself so I can see just how long this project is going to take me!

I looked over the plans this evening. Wing build is pretty straightforward, and I won't have to do any real alterations to the plan to complete the electric conversion. Fuselage looks like it has a nice area where the original fuel tank and receiver pack is located that can be adapted for a lipo pack, receiver, and ESC. Lots of weight reduction can be accomplished in the fuselage rear deck and tail feathers.

Step one: get some data points on the wing ribs and wingtips so I can enter them into ModelCAD. The easiest way I've found is to use a light table and some technial graph paper, which is laid out with grid lines 0.10" apart. By carefully tracing the outlines of the parts, I can then determine X-Y coordinates for points along the rib outline, and then use those points to re-draw the part in ModelCAD. I did remember to add in some building tabs on the ribs to help in the building process. Those tabs can be cut off easily after the wing is glued together. Those tabs aren't on the original plans.
StayQuiet is offline Find More Posts by StayQuiet
to remove ads between posts