HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Sundancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:43 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,778 Posts
Gallery
Some of my models, past and present

Over 63 years of building flying models, totalling somewhere in the region of 550, one of my regrets is that there are very many of them where I have no photographs, in fact there are whole chunks of my modelling career for which I have no visual record. It's a whole lot easier now with digital photography, and I do have pretty complete coverage of everything I have built in the last ten years or so.

Lately I have been digging through the old prints I have and making a start on scanning them, so I thought I would make a start in compiling a gallery of all the models for which I can find photos.

This is going t be a fairly lengthy process as there will be a lot of scanning to do, so to get off to a flying start I will begin with the most recent stuff, for which I already have digital images, and work backwards, so apologies for the fact that some of the pictures in this first period, the six years from 2006 when we moved to France, have already featured in build logs and other posts on the forum.

2006 to 2012

So, starting with the latest first;
Double size version of the Frog Mamba rubber model for electric power and radio. Span 38 inches, AUW 23.3/8 ounces, power BRC 220 watt outrunner, battery 1500 3S lipo.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sundancer; Feb 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Nostalgia

Hi George,

A face from way back. This is Ron Boid. I live in Oklahoma these days and I'm a retired teacher. Your photos brought back some happy memories of Wickersley and flying model aircraft. I really appreciate you posting the photos. You can find me on Google, I have a facebook page ect. My email address is triumf@pldi.net.

Ron Boid.
Chewli is offline Find More Posts by Chewli
Old May 21, 2012, 04:28 AM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,752 Posts
Now that is nice ,right down to the ''FROG'' decals { I still have some in a box unused from 1956}.......
Happy Landings
Chris...........
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:39 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,617 Posts
I like your model. Reminds me of an F86 Sabre jet.
John
JohnAV8R is online now Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:31 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,778 Posts
The Mamba is scheduled for future publication as a "free" full size plan in Q&EFI, in fact at this very moment I am working on finishing the final drawing.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
Huntingdon Cambridgeshire U.K.
Joined May 2003
16 Posts
Mamba

And a laser cut kit for the original Frog model will soon be available from adbmodelaircraft !!http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/im...es/biggrin.gif
nice model George Regards Alan
adb1939 is offline Find More Posts by adb1939