SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:34 PM
Radiodel-hooooo
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,888 Posts
Discussion
How to get Intruders or Bullies out of Home Legally ?

In Ohio, Just what can a person do when an intruder or bully is making threats in your home ? What when they refuse to leave ? How about when you see they will attack ?

I had an awful time getting some bums out of my home and it came down to a pretty bad argument to get them out.
Chophop is online now Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:44 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,675 Posts
If you feel your life is in danger....choot 'em.

I am compelled to ask, however..... how did the bums get in in the first place?
LVsoaring is online now Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:05 PM
Radiodel-hooooo
Joined Sep 2006
8,888 Posts
The gentle start then gets worse and more aggressive by the day. After some time, they start running my house, eating up my food, cigarettes, gasoline, looks like about 400 - $600 a month.
They start in like a friendly visit, I don't like what the visit is about, ask them to leave, they refuse, then the fight starts. Two days earlier, one brought a concealed revolver in and gave me a good scare.
I managed to chase them out. That burned me to no end to have people come my home with a concealed firearm.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Aug 2011
753 Posts
Ummm call the cops?

Just a thought.

A 'visit' is a few hours, what your describing is squatting.
UlteriorModem is online now Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:13 PM
Radiodel-hooooo
Joined Sep 2006
8,888 Posts
I already did. But funny, the victim becomes the criminal. Why do police laugh and ask why Hundred Dollar Honey sticks up for her manager when he beats her ? It's a screwy world for me.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:46 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
The gentle start then gets worse and more aggressive by the day. After some time, they start running my house, eating up my food, cigarettes, gasoline, looks like about 400 - $600 a month.
They start in like a friendly visit, I don't like what the visit is about, ask them to leave, they refuse, then the fight starts. Two days earlier, one brought a concealed revolver in and gave me a good scare.
I managed to chase them out. That burned me to no end to have people come my home with a concealed firearm.
Let me get this straight; they were strangers, you offered to let them stay in your home, and you didn't even ask why they wanted to stay in your home.

You created this situation yourself, and you're lucky to be alive.

Next time, it might be YOU who is chased out of your own home.
Quit doing stuff like that.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:48 PM
Radiodel-hooooo
Joined Sep 2006
8,888 Posts
It a couple of neighbors that have aparently been thrown out of more than one home. They start out friendly and easy then turn dominating. Yahoos are bad about that. They'll take your soul and laugh it to hell if you let them. I don't.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
It a couple of neighbors that have aparently been thrown out of more than one home. They start out friendly and easy then turn dominating. Yahoos are bad about that. They'll take your soul and laugh it to hell if you let them. I don't.
Let me offer some advice that not many people understand, and that is that "just because someone asks you for something does NOT mean that you have to give it".
Pretty simple, eh?

Put another way, someone asking something of you does not mean that you are obligated to give it to them.

Let that roll around your head so you'll be ready the next time someone decides that YOU are supposed to fix THEIR problems at YOUR expense.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:16 PM
Radiodel-hooooo
Joined Sep 2006
8,888 Posts
They would not take no for an answer. They kept re-pinging until they got what they wanted. Took two days and 1 1/2 night's lost sleep over it to finally get it across. They use an intimidation technique. If they had not milked the cow dry they would have had some occasional favors.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, UT, Garden City
Joined Aug 2011
403 Posts
Where I live, if someone brings a gun, concealed or not, into my home, invited or not, and then gets belligerent with me, I can legally shoot them if they don't leave. All I need to feel is fear for my life for it to be justified. I think we call it the "castle law". Might seem rough, but it will make someone think twice here before acting stupid in another mans home.
gmwahl is offline Find More Posts by gmwahl
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:

I thought you were going to say you got engaged or married.
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:14 PM
supreme being of leisure
Tel Aviv, Israel
Joined Jul 2004
2,533 Posts
couch surfing gone bad?
ZAGNUT is offline Find More Posts by ZAGNUT
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:18 PM
Radiodel-hooooo
Joined Sep 2006
8,888 Posts
Well there went my 70 inch Revolver or some 3D plane for awhile. At least I know I can be as angry as that and not use force until I am in danger. I simply wasn't sure if he had another concealed weapon.
We Veterans try so hard to return to civilian life. We are disciplined and scarifice our innocence to killing to live a good life here. We often come home and find our own citizens as much or more risk than the "enemy". It is so hard to pass over that training to attack.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:32 PM
Radiodel-hooooo
Joined Sep 2006
8,888 Posts
Yea this has been a terrible month. I got a new plane, and just loved it to death, a Great Planes Edge 540T 50". Next my runway got destroyed before I got to fly the new Edge. A string of misfortune .
Last edited by Chophop; Mar 04, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:39 PM
Radiodel-hooooo
Joined Sep 2006
8,888 Posts
I'm gonna fly it and enjoy it. Sometime this year, not month..
Last edited by Chophop; Mar 04, 2012 at 07:32 AM.