HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Question
Gee Bee won't charge

I picked up the new UM Gee Bee at the LHS yesterday , I plugged the charger into my wall adapter for my collectra 4 port charger and got a flashing green , plugged the battery in hit the start button and got a flashing red. It sat on the charger while I went out back to fly my helis around. I know most of the batteries come with a little charge on them so I found it odd it wasn't charged after an hour. I read the manual checked all my connections and grabbed some food .. When I got back it still wasn't charged. I called the LHS and they want me to box the plane up and bring it back. Is the charger bad? if the 2cell was bad wouldn't I get an error on the charger?
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:59 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
So you're using the wall adapter for the Celectra 4 port 1S charger? That's 6 volts DC. The Celectra 2S charger requires a 12 volt DC power supply. The correct 12V DC power supply should have come with the BNF UMX Gee Bee.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:04 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
I'm a monkey , thank you! I just assumed it would work ..
You rock
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:17 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,031 Posts
Skrogg,
If that is the only error you made or make, you got it made in the shade!!

I have done things like that, no big deal. You are just man enough to admit it.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; Feb 22, 2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: added thought
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:31 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
haha! the 1st error was not leaving it on the shelf at the LHS Glad I asked before making another trip to the store , I might have come home with another micro ..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:17 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,031 Posts
Skrogg,
I got the Hyper Taxi, I find out that it helps a lot to know how fly 3D in order fly it. I didn't know that, I would have never bought it, since I have never ever done 3D. Now if you think figure 9's are 3D, then yes I can.

So check out the Gee Bee thread before flying it. I still have mine in the box, weather too nasty to fly it up here in Michigan. Have to wait a few weeks before it gets nice enough.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:19 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Hey before I bought a good charger I used a cell phone ciggerette lighter charger and cut it (making sure polarity was right!!!!) I connected it to that to use the stock charger. Or you can go pay 20 bucks at radio shack for a 12v center positive adapter!
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:34 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
So check out the Gee Bee thread before flying it. I still have mine in the box, weather too nasty to fly it up here in Michigan. Have to wait a few weeks before it gets nice enough.
Oh I have , was following the thread .. I'm not afraid of using the rudder

Thanks perschek , having only 1 2s pack walking to the garage to charge it isn't a big deal yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:03 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
Just a note, be careful not to use the 12v adapter on the Celectra 4 port 1s charger. Th adapters both use the same plugs and are also shaped similarly. 12v will instantly kill the $49 Celectra 4 port 1s charger.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:27 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Just a note, be careful not to use the 12v adapter on the Celectra 4 port 1s charger. Th adapters both use the same plugs and are also shaped similarly. 12v will instantly kill the $49 Celectra 4 port 1s charger.
Thanks for the heads up , I'm using the wall charger that came with it .. I hooked the gee bees charger to my bench PSU and wada ya know?
Thanks again MAKg and the rest of yous
RCG Plus Member