SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:32 PM
TripleTreeAerodrome Volunteer
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Nov 2008
183 Posts
Discussion
Joe Nall 2012

Can we start a Joe Nall 2012 thread in the special events section.
superbee-rc is online now Find More Posts by superbee-rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:26 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,548 Posts
Lets get this party started!
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:45 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Dec 2008
50 Posts
This will be my first Joe Nall. I am already registered and can't wait. Coming with two of my flying buddies (Joe Petty and Kim Hemmingway) and will be staying onsite in Joe's motor home. Going to be flying both RC and control line.

Bill Hodges
St. Augustine, FL
clpahodges is offline Find More Posts by clpahodges
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:37 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,163 Posts
We shall be there... I know a few boys from up north that are coming as well. We'renting something to camp in just can't tell you what yet... time is ticking which is frustrating because this has been on the "to do" list since back in the fall. We'll be flying 5 or 10planes I suppose but the AW Extra will be the main gas plane... maybe fly glow too but definitely some 48" - 51" electrics like the 51 Slick. Good to see a thread on this event. Think we have to pass on SEFF this time but maybe next year... can't wait for Nall. Is everyone doing the BBQ picnic or just cooking out themselves? I hear the bath house is nice enough that you ain't afraid to use it. Is that true or false? I figure there are a lot of people there, so, it might get crowded. Is night flying so crowded that there is a lot of mid air collision type problems?... lots of questions from a first timer...
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The MXS-C MINI - IT'S BIG
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:51 PM
My Norseman Mk IV and me
Ontario, Canada
Joined Apr 2004
38 Posts
Coming down from Canada again for our 7th year. It really kicks off the flying season and makes people jealous going home when it is over with a tan so early in the year. Really looking forward to this where a bunch of us will be camping on site. Yeeeehhhhh !!!!
CdnFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CdnFlyer
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:38 AM
TripleTreeAerodrome Volunteer
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Nov 2008
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
We shall be there... I know a few boys from up north that are coming as well. We'renting something to camp in just can't tell you what yet... time is ticking which is frustrating because this has been on the "to do" list since back in the fall. We'll be flying 5 or 10planes I suppose but the AW Extra will be the main gas plane... maybe fly glow too but definitely some 48" - 51" electrics like the 51 Slick. Good to see a thread on this event. Think we have to pass on SEFF this time but maybe next year... can't wait for Nall. Is everyone doing the BBQ picnic or just cooking out themselves? I hear the bath house is nice enough that you ain't afraid to use it. Is that true or false? I figure there are a lot of people there, so, it might get crowded. Is night flying so crowded that there is a lot of mid air collision type problems?... lots of questions from a first timer...
Glad to hear you are attending the Nall. I have been chopping BBQ at the Nall for over 15 years and with over a 1000 plates sold each year I would consider it well attended. The bath houses are fist class. My kids and I stay in a popup and use the bath house and we only live 30 minutes away. They do get crowded in the mornings and evenings but pick an oddball time and there will probably not be a line. I have never noticed night time mid airs to be a problem. I really enjoy seeing what everybody comes up with to fly. If you have any more question just fire them off. There is always a lot of Naller's on here that will help answer any questions you have.
superbee-rc is online now Find More Posts by superbee-rc
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Mar 2005
22 Posts
Hi Guys,

This well be our 2nd year going and I will be going until I can't go any more. I learned from last year I don't need to bring 10 planes. Although after last year night flying I am bring a night plane add 2 other electrics. If everything goes as plan we will be there late thursday 10. Can't wait hope to see you at the 30th Nall
N2RYD is offline Find More Posts by N2RYD
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:40 AM
Team Extreme!
Wa, state
Joined Oct 2009
1,166 Posts
I'll be there, and am really looking forward to it! Probably arriving late Friday, and staying till the following Sunday. See ya'all soon!
michaelJH is offline Find More Posts by michaelJH
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:20 AM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Sep 2009
110 Posts
For all you guys that have not been there and are planning on going, It will be the best time you have EVER had flying I promise, It is the Oshkosh of model aviation this will be my 4th year going and I will never miss it as long as they keep having it, camping,night flying, FOOD, party's, VENDORS, lots and lots of things to do. Bring your camper/tent/and $$$$$$$ for your next toy.
2.4ghz is online now Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:16 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,789 Posts
I hear so much about this Joe Nall. I am new to RC flying models, but not new to RC. I live in Columbia, SC which is about an hour away. Would it be worth it to stop in for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon? Not sure I will even bring anything to fly, just want to walk and look around. There's probably so much to see that if I bring something to fly I will miss it.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:19 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
It will be well worth it shahram! I'm down the road in Charleston, and plan on coming up for a couple days. Last year I went for the afternoon, and then ended up going back a couple days later and stayed overnight. Awesome event!

Planning on staying 2-3 nights this year
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Sep 2009
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I hear so much about this Joe Nall. I am new to RC flying models, but not new to RC. I live in Columbia, SC which is about an hour away. Would it be worth it to stop in for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon? Not sure I will even bring anything to fly, just want to walk and look around. There's probably so much to see that if I bring something to fly I will miss it.
WILL IT BE WORTH IT, I will bet you stay more then a couple of hrs. You will have to see all the flight lines and stay for the noon show at least. And if it is anything like last year, little Joe Smith put on a show that would make you want to go home and sell all your stuff. I have been flying for 25+ years and the thing this young man did with a plane was spectacular. So this time DON'T MISS IT. Being I am from New Mexico I stay there the whole time just camping out get up take a shower in there showers and eat and FLY,FLY,FLY. Stop and drink a beer with my buddy's and eat and go FLY.
I promise you this you will never see an event like this ever.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
United States, SC, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2006
39 Posts
Sad

Sad to see folks who have not been to Joe Nall but glad to see new people coming this year! I have been for the last 8+ years. I only live 40 minutes away and I stay all week. I'll be in one of the lines waiting for the gates to open. That's my vacation each year. If you are into this hobby at all, it is an amazing time. I have been to a few events and nothing matches the hospitality this place has. The sincere people who bend over backwards to make sure you have a good time. The facility is second to none and gets better every year. Last year we had 2 storms that were pretty bad. I, amongst alot of other folks lost my pop up. damaged one plane. Got wetter than I ever needed to be. A tree fell about 100 feet from us. Stuff flying everywhere. BUT, everyone got to the tree area to make sure everyone was safe. By the next morning at 0900, you wouldn't even know it happened! Pat and crew made sure of that. Awsome show of concern. BUT, that wouldn't keep me away from anything! We recovered. Planes fixed, and more than ready for another awsome time. In closing, I can assure you, YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!
stuffer is offline Find More Posts by stuffer
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,548 Posts
I was on the phone with Pat Hartness, the Joe Nall founder, this morning and we have some big news! Stay tuned for the feature story on it!
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Sep 2009
110 Posts
Really big news