HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:36 AM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,252 Posts
Alert
Elmira NY: The 2012 Harris Hill Vintage RC Aerotow - July 6-7 - PHOTOS ADDED!!!

We’re going back to Elmira!
The 2012 Harris Hill Vintage RC Aerotow - July 6-7

RCAeroTowing.com (RCAT), The National Soaring Museum (NSM) and the International Vintage Sailplane Meet (IVSM) are proud to announce The 2012 Harris Hill Vintage RC Soaring Aerotow.

Flying large scale RC sailplanes from the National Soaring Museum site holds a special place in the hearts and memories of many in our hobby. RC Sailplanes will be towed during designated flying windows on Friday and Saturday. So, mark July 6 and 7 on your calendar and get yourself and your vintage glider to Elmira, NY!

LEARN MORE HERE: http://www.rcaerotowing.com/7453-elm...g-aerotow.html

REGISTRATION: http://www.rcaerotowing.com/event-de...tion.php?id=84
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Last edited by SPasierb; Jul 07, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,534 Posts
I'd like to make this one! Thanks for posting.
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,252 Posts
PS: here are the definitions from our partners at the NSM...

A Vintage Sailplane is any glider out of production since 1958, or a more recently built glider with appearance, performance and construction characteristics similar or comparable to gliders manufactured before 1958.

A Classic Sailplane is a glider that is at least 25 years old, but is not categorized as a Vintage Sailplane
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Aug 2006
129 Posts
I'm bummed that I won't be able to make it to IVSM this time around. Was there last time for just a weekend and had an absolute blast.
tonycondon is offline Find More Posts by tonycondon
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:11 AM
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,520 Posts
A major event for the Scale Soaring community. Come and join the fun, take tons of pictures and meet pilots and owners of rare and vintage sailplanes. What could be better?
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Dec 2003
555 Posts
Hey Guys:
What a great event! Will be there, need help let me know.
Jim
vintagesailplnr is offline Find More Posts by vintagesailplnr
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
Where's my Coffee!
United States, VA, Sweet Briar
Joined Dec 2004
129 Posts
If you need help, let me know, I live 10 minutes from the Hill. Learned to fly there when I was a kid!

Dave
Dave Gardner is offline Find More Posts by Dave Gardner
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:37 PM
Where's my Coffee!
United States, VA, Sweet Briar
Joined Dec 2004
129 Posts
This is a video I shot from my Radian as a t-storm came across the valley...

It really is a great place to fly, especially when the ridge is working!

Harris Hill 1 (2 min 34 sec)
Dave Gardner is offline Find More Posts by Dave Gardner
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:56 PM
Lewisburg, PA
Joined Apr 2002
958 Posts
I plan to attend the event for 2-3 days, and of course, will be there with HD cameras to capture the action.

Planning on working with the Vintage guys and the museum to get some rides.

Paul Naton
Radio Carbon Art Productions
http://radiocarbonart.com/
http://glidefast.typepad.com/
Paul Naton is online now Find More Posts by Paul Naton
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:03 AM
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,520 Posts
Paul, will you be there Friday and Saturday?

len
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Nov 2003
2,252 Posts
Just a note of thanks to the folks who have already registered -- and to the offers to help above and via PM. Very cool when the scale community pulls together.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Nov 2003
2,252 Posts
Thanks for Paul Naton at Radio Carbon Art for giving the event a plug: http://glidefast.typepad.com/

We've received registrations stretching from Massachusetts to Kentucky so it looks like we're guaranteed a nice-sized group.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Nov 2003
2,252 Posts
Today the AMA also sanctioned the event so we're good to go from every aspect. Thanks for all the registrations that have come in. Going to be a good time!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones in Elmira on July 6-7. If you want to make it a great week, start the weekend before at the SKSS Wood Wings event in Newark, DE!

Steve
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,534 Posts
I'm definitely 'in' for both days! I'm bringing my log book, too! Ya never know... I might get some 'time' in a sailplane with a CFI. Beautiful countryside, RC sailplanes, full scale sailplanes and, hopefully, some miles on my Campy equipped Gios A 90 ... pure Heaven!
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Nov 2003
2,252 Posts
I just checked registrations again -- Canadians will be in the house! I'll be speaking to the NSM folks this week to confirm details. Because we are managing this event along with full scale operations, I need folks who want to fly to pre-register.

We are also committed to 2.4G operations. Anyone thinking of attending who must fly on FM channels needs to get in touch with me ASAP.

Reminder: this is not a full-day flying event. We will be sharing operations with the IVSM operations. Anticipate having the early morning and that we'll also be flying in the evening to sunset. Again, I'll post an update and send e-mails to registrants after my next conversation with NSM.

Thanks all!

Think vintage:
Moswey 4 - HB-520 - Whispering Wings - Film vom legendären Moswey4 - HB-520 (15 min 49 sec)