HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:46 PM
United States, WI, Poynette
Joined Mar 2011
154 Posts
Help!
KK Board Problems

I'm building a tricopter, and I'm stuck. The only pot on the board that seems to work is the yaw control when I used it to set the throttle range. I reversed the rudder control on the transmitter so the back servo is correct, but I can't reverse the arming, (not a big problem). I can't reverse the direction of the pots, which is which is also not a big problem. The problem is I can't reverse the gyro for the yaw. Turning the roll pot ether way and applying power with the transmitter on will not cause the led to flash 10 times quickly. I have waited and then tried to move the rudder to reverse the gyro without the lights and all it does is arm the board the gyro remains unchanged. I have tried 2 different kk boards, 2 different receivers, 2 different transmitters, and checked and rechecked the wiring. Also tried version 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5 of the firmware. I am using the kkMulticoptor flash tool 0.60. Is there something that I may have done to disable the pots? What should I try next?
KCStar is offline Find More Posts by KCStar
Last edited by KCStar; Feb 22, 2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Change software to firmware
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Mar 2011
154 Posts
OK, its been over 24 hrs and no one has had this problem? Does that mean that I can screw things up better then anyone? I may have temporarily solved the problem, but not the way I'd like to. I turned the motor servo combination around 180 degrees so the servo is in back of the motor. Now the gyro tilts it in the right direction. I reversed the channel on the transmitter and now I arm the KK board down and to the right like it should be. I'll try it out tomorrow after work and see what happens.
Kent
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Mar 2011
154 Posts
Well it flew, its a lot of fun, but I need a lot more practice. Had a couple hard landings and finally broke one of the arms. It only took a few min. to repair and now it's ready to go again. I can really see how you lose orientation easily, that's how the hard landing took place. I really wish I could find out why I can't change the direction of the gyros, but I'm glad that it was the yaw that gave the trouble and not the other two.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:51 PM
Canada, ON, Coe Hill
Joined Feb 2011
58 Posts
are you using the hk kk if so try the 1.6 version firmware it makes a big difference
rbuds is offline Find More Posts by rbuds
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:53 PM
Joined Mar 2011
154 Posts
I found out that the newer versions of the firmware to reverse the gyro on the yaw you need to connect the yaw servo up to M5 instead of M4. I did that and gyro is reversed.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:03 AM
Joined Mar 2011
154 Posts
Is it normal for the trim to go out of adjustment while flying the tricoptor? It happens on the Blade MSR as the battery wears down. I don't notice it on the planes that I fly. It's just kind of annoying to have to adjust the trims half way through the flight.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
It happens if you move from warm (indoors) to cold (outside) and fly right away. Piezo gyros on HK-KK are terrible with temperature drift. If you let your stuff sit outside for 10-15mins (without battery attached) then connect battery and fly, you won't need to trim.
You can also land and do stick combo for gyro recalibration, to remove temperature drift.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Mar 2011
154 Posts
Thanks timecop, I have been flying in the cold. It's nice to know that this summer it won't be a problem.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
I have more issues with things in the cold than in the spring. Anything that runs such tiny current values as electronics can have temp related issues.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Jul 2006
18 Posts
I am having the same problem. I can't reverse the yaw gyro using the hk kk 3.0 and the new 2.5 firmware. I turned the motor and servo around to make it work but I would rather reverse the gyro. I tried moving the servo to M5 but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
nemesis43 is offline Find More Posts by nemesis43