HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Last edited by NoFlyZone; Feb 27, 2012 at 03:56 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:41 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Feb 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Let's go fly some planes!
Woohooo!! (or helis?)

Clearly I am learning around here, it took me 5 days to find out how to navigate back to this post. I saw a couple days ago it hadn't been bumped for awhile, and being naive (yes, again ) I thought it would just go down into the never ending/bottomless pit of started threads and into the abyss. However, now I see that this is not the case.

Regarding what I am learning around here, I didn't realize it was protocol to edit/change/remove original posts (even when they were bad/accusatory like mine). I assure you that I did not leave up my original post up to continue to defame the seller, [because like I mentioned I thought (naive) it would never be resurrected]

The main reason I didn't want to change/remove my first post is because I thought I would be lying to anyone who had or would read it. If I changed my wording and took out scam and some other words and made it seem nicer than what I originally posted, people would be less likely to see me as the bad guy. But I would be lying to them, because I did word things bad and write too quickly, and essentially I was the "bad buy". (even though there were quotes that highlighted what I said) Make sense? I have no problem erasing what I wrote and I will take down the link right now obviously, but a lot of the things you mentioned (since the "lets fly some planes comment") were not in my intentions at all and I definitely did not see it that way from my perspective. (I was looking out for the person who buys the $10,000 Turnigy 300mAH batteries off Ebay!) But like I said, my thoughts were: "if I change this, it will make the post seem better than it was and make me appear as not the bad guy."

I understand it seems stupid to think the topic will never be resurrected, but people will read it, sorry, but that is honestly what went through my head. I don't get any notifications for this thread, so I thought after a couple of days, it would be swept under the rug (again...?... naive) Now I feel bad for claiming naivety so much, oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
The term, price gouging, is not appropriate.

The items are not necessary to sustain life.
Yes I am starting to see that, I wish I would have known before my first post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
And mine is mine; which is that everyone has a chance to be overly enthusiastic, harsh, quick to jump without much forethought, and speak from their heart and emotions rather than their brain. Once they are subsequently cognizant of their own behavior, publicly (or not) issue their mea culpas, and apologize for their inability to control their passions, then the only way is up.
Evident in the fact that I didn't know smartie boards were $45 bucks. (I apologize!) But do I think $310 bucks is ridiculous (current price)?... More than anything in the world. Do I think my original post sucked? ...More than anything in the world!

So should I delete it all? Edit out some parts? or leave it?
(obviously after taking out the link?)

Sorry if I don't respond for 5 more days...

David

Edit: I just erased the numbers in the beginning post. Do you all think that is good enough for it to not be "defaming" to the seller, or should I delete all of it or more?
davidvm3 is offline Find More Posts by davidvm3
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:46 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,399 Posts
Leave it all.... It shows the growth.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:35 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Why? The OP does not have the elements you describe, does it?
Prior to today if you started at the first page of this thread, you would have seen it.

Personal growth still can been seen without maligning another member here.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:23 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Prior to today if you started at the first page of this thread, you would have seen it.

Personal growth still can been seen without maligning another member here.
Maligning another member is never desirable.
Certainly, personal attacks should be deleted.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:24 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Maligning another member is never desirable.
Certainly, personal attacks should be deleted.
If posts hold true personal attacks that other members have seen, isn't it most likely that the attacks are either hidden or edited already?
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:28 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidvm3 View Post
Woohooo!! (or helis?)

Clearly I am learning around here, it took me 5 days to find out how to navigate back to this post. I saw a couple days ago it hadn't been bumped for awhile, and being naive (yes, again ) I thought it would just go down into the never ending/bottomless pit of started threads and into the abyss. However, now I see that this is not the case.

Regarding what I am learning around here, I didn't realize it was protocol to edit/change/remove original posts (even when they were bad/accusatory like mine). I assure you that I did not leave up my original post up to continue to defame the seller, [because like I mentioned I thought (naive) it would never be resurrected]

The main reason I didn't want to change/remove my first post is because I thought I would be lying to anyone who had or would read it. If I changed my wording and took out scam and some other words and made it seem nicer than what I originally posted, people would be less likely to see me as the bad guy. But I would be lying to them, because I did word things bad and write too quickly, and essentially I was the "bad buy". (even though there were quotes that highlighted what I said) Make sense? I have no problem erasing what I wrote and I will take down the link right now obviously, but a lot of the things you mentioned (since the "lets fly some planes comment") were not in my intentions at all and I definitely did not see it that way from my perspective. (I was looking out for the person who buys the $10,000 Turnigy 300mAH batteries off Ebay!) But like I said, my thoughts were: "if I change this, it will make the post seem better than it was and make me appear as not the bad guy."

I understand it seems stupid to think the topic will never be resurrected, but people will read it, sorry, but that is honestly what went through my head. I don't get any notifications for this thread, so I thought after a couple of days, it would be swept under the rug (again...?... naive) Now I feel bad for claiming naivety so much, oh well.

Yes I am starting to see that, I wish I would have known before my first post!

Evident in the fact that I didn't know smartie boards were $45 bucks. (I apologize!) But do I think $310 bucks is ridiculous (current price)?... More than anything in the world. Do I think my original post sucked? ...More than anything in the world!

So should I delete it all? Edit out some parts? or leave it?
(obviously after taking out the link?)

Sorry if I don't respond for 5 more days...

David

Edit: I just erased the numbers in the beginning post. Do you all think that is good enough for it to not be "defaming" to the seller, or should I delete all of it or more?
The big point still seems to be lacking.

It is up to the seller what price they charge.

It is up to the buyer to evaluate that price, and determine if they want to pay that price to receive that item.

Those are elements of 'supply/demand'. If the price is too much for you to pay, at that point, your choice is clear; don't buy. There really isn't reason for you to be involved any more, unless you want to ask the seller how they chose their price.

Crusading against that seller isn't a reasonable idea, no matter how outrageous the price is to you.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:34 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
OP,
I think you've done the right thing with the edits.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83