SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:02 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
No Sabre hatcam today!!!...The winds are swirling from N/NW to W to S/SW....Can't make up its mind!!!...+, the winds are @ 15mph and gusty...I HATE when the seasons change---Really makes it hard trying to fly minis/micros...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:37 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Just got back from doing my first cap-cam with the GP Sabre. A light breeze with patches of blue about - not a bad morning at all here. The vid turned out well too. Managed to actually have the model center frame most of the time.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Just got back from doing my first cap-cam with the GP Sabre. A light breeze with patches of blue about - not a bad morning at all here. The vid turned out well too. Managed to actually have the model center frame most of the time.
I think I need a new hat!!!..My hatcam vids all end up with the plane too high in the frames...I'm going to adjust the camera so that it sits a little higher to get the plane lower in the frames...I tried to fly my SA 35mm MiG 15 today and managed to launch it with zero thrust from my arm---It was THAT windy!!!...The plane few out of my hand for 200' and then I turned downwind....When I turned upwind she stalled and spun in...No damage at all...It was just too windy!!!...

Get that high res vid uploaded of your Sabre---We're all looking forward to it!!!

Kevin
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Nitro---About your Hawk...I'm going to start cutting out the pieces to get ready for summer flying!!!...I'll post to your Hawk thread when I start...Summer really doesn't start here until the third week in June but I've gotta get ready NOW!!!...Those lazy hot summer afternoons where the wind is ZERO are just begging to fly the micro Hawk...

Kevin
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:30 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
This is true!

What I did with my cap-cam is look in the mirror and see where the cap needed to sit on my head in order for the cam to be looking straight ahead at the same time as my head was. Seemed to work pretty good. A few more hours of work before I can chop the video and upload.. it's only lunch time here atm.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
This is true!

What I did with my cap-cam is look in the mirror and see where the cap needed to sit on my head in order for the cam to be looking straight ahead at the same time as my head was. Seemed to work pretty good. A few more hours of work before I can chop the video and upload.. it's only lunch time here atm.
Lunch time---And I'm getting ready for bed...Isn't the WWweb WONDERFULL!!!..Instant updates from around the world and under the equator none the less!!!....Keep up the GOOD WORK!!!

Kevin
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:13 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Video is now posted in the GP Sabre thread Kevin.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Video is now posted in the GP Sabre thread Kevin.
GREAT!!!...I managed to get a flight in today on the ArtTech Sabre after having to be out of town for the day...It was right at dusk and the light isn't very good....I did manage to keep the plane in frame for most of the flight but unless I fly practically right on top of myself the plane looks to be further out than it really is...I need a digital video camera with zoom and someone willing to help me...

Anyway---The flight went well and was practically a maiden as I had to repair/replace the aileron servos and I adjusted the CG further aft, requiring me to have to re-trim the plane...She is still nose heavy with the ThunderPower G6 350mAh 4S pack...Looks like I'll have to go with the TP G6 250mAh 4S packs that I have on hand...She easily looped from level flight and I made a rather large loop at that...Around the rising moon!!!....Roll rate on low rates is still blindingly fast and she's a little roll sensitive...I few mostly @ 2/3 throttle and easily went over 3 minutes on the conservatively set timer...

Can't wait to try 'er out with lighter batts to get the CG where it belongs as well as slightly increasing performance/decreasing wing loading...

Here's the HatCam from today's evening flight...

ArtTech Sabre Flight #2 (4 min 27 sec)

Kevin
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:13 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,567 Posts
got my Sabre in the mail yesterday, awesome little jet. everything looks good. i got some 450 3s batts i'm gonna try to fit under the canopy to get started

i noticed in the ad video & the Sabre order page, that replacement parts were available !....i couldn't seem to find them
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:04 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,332 Posts
How would this F86 compair to the SkyAngel 35mm F86 on 3S? I have a SA but the body it about on its last few flights and I want to get a new micro 86 so I want to know how this one compairs? I think the GP 86 is to fraile looking like my UMX warbirds so it is outta the question. Thanx for any info..........
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
How would this F86 compair to the SkyAngel 35mm F86 on 3S? I have a SA but the body it about on its last few flights and I want to get a new micro 86 so I want to know how this one compairs? I think the GP 86 is to fraile looking like my UMX warbirds so it is outta the question. Thanx for any info..........
The ArtTech F-86 is made of the same foam as the SA line of minis...TOUGH STUFF!!!!..

I can't tell you a direct comparison between the AT F-86 vs SA F-86---But I have the SA MiG-15 and it does pretty well on 3S...Biggest advantage of the AT F-86 is that it looks very scale...
Old Mar 09, 2012, 04:00 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
930 Posts
+1

It's a good looking jet that is made of much more durable materials than the GP version. I owned both and prefer this one by a healthy margin - It's held up great as a pretty much stock jet. I've got around 6 flights on mine and still no damage.

I just glued on the drop tanks since the results have been great so far - I will report the differences when I finally get a chance to fly it - Nothing but rain and high winds around here for the last week, unfortunately.
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:01 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,332 Posts
So how would you compare the speed between the SA MIG-15 and the AT 86. Both on 3S?
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
So how would you compare the speed between the SA MIG-15 and the AT 86. Both on 3S?
MiG is faster---But it is smaller/lighter...+ the SA Mig has a 35mm fan vs the 30mm in the ArtTech...

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Mar 10, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
I managed to get in three flights this afternoon on the AT F-86!!!...Wind was DEAD CALM for once......I tested three different batteries, a different one on each flight...No hatcam video as the hatcam battery was dead...

Flight #1: 4S, 25C, 250mAh ThunderPower G6 batts...Power was OK...Batts were fairly warm after the flight...

Flight #2: 4S, 25C, 240mAh Hyperion CX G3 batts...More power/speed than the TP pack...Batts were fairly warm after the flight...

Flight #3: 4S 25C 320mAh Hyperion CX G3 batts...The best power/speed but the plane was slightly nose heavy...Batts were only barely warm after the flight...

All of these batteries will power this plane very well...I EASILY did three consecutive loops from level flight---I could have done a dozen!!!......This plane on the batts I used will fly slowly, then when straight and level, nail the throttle and easily loop...No need to gain speed to loop...This plane is becoming one of my favorites!!!

Kevin