HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:14 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Yippee!
Peace offering

Last nite my wife gave me 7 kinds of hell for not recording her favorite TV show, surprised me! I told her it wasn't on, but! This morning she told me to hurry up and get ready to go see my cardiologist and she left. She called and asked me how it went and I told her that I didn't go and she asked why. I said that I had no reason to live for any length of time if my life with her was going to be like it was last nite! She came home and looked over my shoulder as I was looking at my dream plane on the computer. She said, "you love that plane don't you?" I rumbled, yea. "here is my credit card honey, order the plane and everything you need to get her in the air, I'm really sorry. I found out the show wasn't even on last nite." I just ordered my new Hanger 9 .40 P-51 with servos, lipos, Robart retracts...the whole shebang!!!! Hopes she gets on another rant tonite!!!! And thats her personal card, not mine. Dave/Z
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, NC, Durham
Joined Jun 2010
483 Posts
Score! That's what you get for not getting even with her. Well, at lest not until you bought the robart retracts haha.

BTW, she must REALLY like that show!
mamba max1 is offline Find More Posts by mamba max1
Last edited by mamba max1; Feb 21, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
Nice, My wife would find out it was not on, then get mad at me for not telling her before hand, then tell me to clean up all the damn planes in the basement
interplanet is online now Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:42 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,384 Posts
Can you tell her that I didn't record her show either?
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, NC, Durham
Joined Jun 2010
483 Posts
Also, make sure you do something nice for her tonight. Then she would be more inclined to get you another plane next time.
mamba max1 is offline Find More Posts by mamba max1
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:48 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
"here is my credit card honey, order the plane and everything you need to get her in the air, I'm really sorry. I found out the show wasn't even on last nite." I just ordered my new Hanger 9 .40 P-51 with servos, lipos, Robart retracts...the whole shebang!!!! Hopes she gets on another rant tonite!!!! And thats her personal card, not mine. Dave/Z
Just wait till she gets the bill That will start another rant I'd put you pretty high on the man list if you could manage to snag another plane out of that situation....
interplanet is online now Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, GA, Grayson
Joined Mar 2008
508 Posts
Zeezee,

I thought I was the only one who got reamed for not recording a show that wasn't actually on. Grey's Anatomy didn't air one Thursday a few weeks ago, and my The Office recorded during the time Grey's should have been on. The next morning, it was HELL. I mean real bad. She finally realized she was wrong, and that Grey's wasn't even on, but her apology was no where near as good as your wife's lol.
tripleup05 is offline Find More Posts by tripleup05
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:47 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
I think I'll go and just delete my wifes shows! Then I'll see if I can get a plane out of it...

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Holy Cow! You guys really got it that bad? My wife sets her own recordings and I do mine. In 25 yrs we have never, ever had any confrontation over that trivial kinda stuff. It is just not worth it. BUT, I guess if you scored the plane on her dime, maybe I'd better try to work on something.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
10 Posts
Was it something on ABC Family? I think 90% of the DVR that I pay 100% for is filled with useless junk.
madman962 is offline Find More Posts by madman962
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:42 AM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,623 Posts
Hi,

I hope that airplane dosen't become very expensive for you in the long run. Your wife was trying to say she loves you and she is sorry. Better to tell her you love her more than any damn airplane and move on without spending on her card.

That act of kindness and forgiveness on your part would make your life with her better for a long time to come. Happy wife, happy life.

Good luck!

Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:38 AM
United States, UT, Garden City
Joined Aug 2011
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee View Post
Hi,

I hope that airplane dosen't become very expensive for you in the long run. Your wife was trying to say she loves you and she is sorry. Better to tell her you love her more than any damn airplane and move on without spending on her card.

That act of kindness and forgiveness on your part would make your life with her better for a long time to come. Happy wife, happy life.

Good luck!

Mickydee
She sounds like a wonderful lady, but you did fine getting the prize out of it! If she is like 90% of wives out there, you've earned it with previous butt chewings, and future ones to come! If you could really predict how an encounter with a wife is going to play out, write us a book and you'll be rich enough to buy anything you have your heart set on! God, I hope my wife doesn't figure out how to get on here and read this!
gmwahl is offline Find More Posts by gmwahl
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:56 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,039 Posts
Whipped, but it works huh?
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:08 AM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,411 Posts
Now be a responsible guy and go see that Cardiologist. No use having a plane and not being around to fly it...
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:05 AM
AMA# 980507
United States, FL, Loxahatchee
Joined Feb 2011
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleup05 View Post
Zeezee,

I thought I was the only one who got reamed for not recording a show that wasn't actually on. Grey's Anatomy didn't air one Thursday a few weeks ago, and my The Office recorded during the time Grey's should have been on. The next morning, it was HELL. I mean real bad. She finally realized she was wrong, and that Grey's wasn't even on, but her apology was no where near as good as your wife's lol.
WOW!!! I suffered from this EXACT same situation. I finally had to get her another DVR for that blasted Greys Anatomy show because I couldn't take it anymore.
Th3UmBrA is offline Find More Posts by Th3UmBrA
RCG Plus Member