HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Help!
EzUHF Immersion lrs system that does not cover more than 2km !!

Dear RCGROUP FRIENDS y NEED you HELP !! If you like challlenges....here you haev one....

Two months ago I bought the immersion EzUHF LRS: UHF Radio Control system with the two transmitter antennas recommend and the Receiver (EzUHF 8ch with Diversity) with the two antennas recomended.

I downloaded the manual, the sofwtare (ImmersionRC Tools Firmware Updater v1.15) and Rx 8ch and TX500 firmwares (Version 1.24*) from http://www.immersionrc.com/EzUHF.htm. Did I miss anything step?

I installed the software, upgraded the firmware, set both Tx and RX to same frequency band, binded them, installed the RRSI Needle to an OSD, set the Tx in LO and went for a fly. At 400-500 meters distance (200 meters altitude) the amount of RSSI signal dropped from 99% to 40% in every flight in any direction…it increased to 80% when switched to HI power….but then came down again 100 meters later. There is no noise in the spectrum (-100 RSSI) when radio is turned off and -10 RSSI when the radio is on in the 433-435 band selected Is this -10 RSSI enough/OK?

I checked the power of the TX and it reads 200 and 400 in low and high mode respectively. Thus is OK. The ROE of the receiver antennas were ok…but the ones from the transmitter (both antennas) were awful…..transmitted 200 and returned 150 (70%) ….is this common???? Is this right? An expert made my own TX dipole Antenna (with cero ROE) and the results were the same. Is this suggesting that the problem is in the receiver?

The plane/camera is not the problem because I loaded the EZUHF 8 ch Rx in another plane, conected ONLY the RSSI and the camera to see failesafe. It came into failsafe at 2 km. I then did the same in my own plane 4 times and lost signal....0 % signal (entering into failesafe) at 2km in each flight. Also the previous experiment looking for noise in the spectrum do not suggest an interfirencer problem.

Thus it is clear that my LRS is not working further than 2KM. What can I do check the reasons for this?
aleon is offline Find More Posts by aleon
Last edited by aleon; Feb 21, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
did you do a test without camera ? Some cameras are known to be very noisy.
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabazul View Post
did you do a test without camera ? Some cameras are known to be very noisy.
Hi Nabazull, thanks for your cooment. Yes I did that when I put the received in another plane....also , as I mentioned, the plane/camera did not showed any noise in the spectrum 433-435. Is this enough proof?
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:57 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2012
130 Posts
resolution?

Hi aleon,
Have you been able to figure this out..?
maurof78 is online now Find More Posts by maurof78
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DJI F450 - 1 mile FPV flight
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurof78 View Post
Hi aleon,
Have you been able to figure this out..?
Hi Maurof78,
It has improved a lot...I hhave not been able to test distance yet because was too windy and I have an easystar. Up to know I have reached 3km with 70% signal.....this was done by improving antennas. The ones recomended are CRAP. See more of this topic in
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....than-2km/page1

Cheers
AL
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:05 PM
Netherlands
Joined May 2010
143 Posts
Try BlueFalconHolland syle antenna 's on the reciever
Use the specs of the Thomas antenna
http://www.webx.dk/rc/uhf-link3/mcx-antenna.htm

Use 1mm steelcable (transmission cable from a bike) instead of copperwire

Here my test results on video
EzUHF reciever antenna test (3 min 33 sec)

goodluck
Roel-CP is offline Find More Posts by Roel-CP
Last edited by Roel-CP; Mar 04, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel-CP View Post
Try BlueFalconHolland syle antenna 's on the reciever
Use the specs of the Thomas antenna
http://www.webx.dk/rc/uhf-link3/mcx-antenna.htm

Use 1mm steelcable (transmission cable from a bike) instead of copperwire

Here my test results on video
http://www.vimeo.com/37877338

goodluck
Hi Roel-CP, wonderfull info and videos+pcitures...THIS IS EXACTLY what I expirienced!!!! Started lossing signal with crap original antennas at 400mts...then jump to sandler and finished with the Thomas one this weekend. It seems to be the best. I reached 2.5 km (70% RSSI) and had to come back due to low battery.
I will link my discussion in FPVlab to your answer which explains clear my problem/expirience with the EZ Tx/Rx system. What are you using in the Tx? I am using vee dipole one (sander's type)
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:41 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2010
143 Posts
Yes Robert Bluefalconholland used a rubber antenna on the TX
and got a rssi between the 60-65
I use a diamond x30 base antenna (5,5db) with ground radials and have 55-60

A yagi of 8-10 db would be much better.
Roel-CP is offline Find More Posts by Roel-CP
Last edited by Roel-CP; Mar 05, 2012 at 04:13 AM.