SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by kruiser7, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 05:42 AM
United States, WV, Beckley
Joined Feb 2008
99 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Sold
HPI Savage -Nitro

I have an awesome running Savage that is in very good condition. I got this in a trade and was told that it had a modified motor. I took that remark with a grain of salt. I'm not sure of the size of the motor . I always want to be sure of what I am selling so I set it up with a radio system that I have. I put in some 20% fuel and took it to the back yard, just to find that the slipper pad was toast. I figured that I had got burned on the deal . I replaced the clutch pad with one that I had in some spare parts and tried it again. I found out real quick why the old slipper was bad. This truck is seriously modified in some way. I am not sure if it has been punched out or if it is what is known as a "stroker". It has awesome torque and power. The slipper that I put in will work for now, but who knows how long. If you end up with this Savage I recommend replacing the slipper clutch with a high performance one , or even a locker of some type. I do not have the original body, but I put a Mazda body on it because I think it looks kool. I will also include a Ford truck body in descent shape, and a new Roto-Start wand that can be used in any cordless drill. The servos will be installed but you will need to use your own TX and RX as well as a receiver pack. I am into Helis now and am selling this to help fund a new copter , otherwise this would be a keeper. The truck runs great but you will have to tune it to your area. We are at about 2500 feet here and the truck is tuned for the altitude here. You will not be sorry for purchasing this, but as always, due to the nature of the hobby, the truck is sold as is. I am asking 200.00 shipped or best offer, or It's possible that I will trade on a brushless heli.

I will only ship to the lower 48 US states only
kruiser7 is offline Find More Posts by kruiser7
Last edited by kruiser7; Feb 25, 2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: lower price
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread