HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Lockey, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:01 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Sep 2011
3,241 Posts
Discussion
Polar Cat

Next, I decided to combine the 2 Polaris and Aqua Cat and this was the result as you see, I added my cockpit mod and a motor cowl

So was born my ... "Polar Cat" AND it flies absolutely great

Lockey
Lockey is offline Find More Posts by Lockey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Easy Autogyro
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:16 PM
BOTHELL,WA. NORTHEAST OF SEATTLE
Joined Jun 2005
286 Posts
How you doing Lockey! Hey I was just looking at the pictures of the polar-cat and noticed elevator servos on both sides of the nacell, is it a pul-pull, or did you flip the picture?

George

Sorry my friend, it just dawned on me that you are running the rudder and elevator out of the nacell, and I actually like the idea, I'm not so worried about servos getting wet as the other goodies. Even dunking doesn't hurt the stuff as far as I can tell, I've got a slowstick on floats that I've had for six or seven years and it's been soaked many times for up to fifeteen minutes and all I ever do is shake it and fly again, and on the occasion it doesn't want to go I let it dry out a couple of hours and it goes. I've even had water in the servos, and unscrew the bottom screws and let the water out, and they work! (fresh water)
faststick is offline Find More Posts by faststick
Last edited by faststick; Feb 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: misattention
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:07 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Sep 2011
3,241 Posts
Hey George ... yes mate the 2 servo'e are for rudder and elevator

Seemed weasier to do it this way

Lockey
Lockey is offline Find More Posts by Lockey
RCG Plus Member