SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Hallmark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:29 PM
Australia, SA, Munno Para
Joined Feb 2012
117 Posts
Build Log
LX F-22 Raptor Twin 70mm EDF Build & Refit

It has finally arrived! After the courier company crushed the first one my supplier immediately despatched another and I picked it up yesterday. Wow, what a jet!

I plan on changing out the clevises, servos, fans, motors and ESCs because I hear the stock stuff is rubbish, but the parts will be put to good use in my son's jet when he saves enough for the airframe.

Anyway on with the build...

On close inspection I noticed the contact area where the cockpit meets the fuselage is not much in area at all. So rather than have the front end separate at 150kph or the first harder than expected landing, I decided to get some balsa and fashion a couple of wide spars to adhere against the intake walls and keep the front end nice and solid.

I got a piece 950mm x 75mm x 12.5 mm and using a scalpel and 100 grade sandpaper I formed a light but strong support pair that I think will provide the right amount of strength without adding to the front end weight much at all.

Here are some photos, please tell me what you think.

I have bought some carbon spars for the wings which came with nothing at all... Can anyone suggest the best way to place these? I'd like to avoid cutting the wing away, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm off to buy wing and tail servos and metal clevises now so hope to read some feedback on my return.

You can view the jet and specs at this website. (Banana Hobby has it for US folks.)

http://sydneyrcjets.com.au/rc-edf-je...f-rc-jet-p-375

I have changed out the servos for E-flight DS76 digital micros and had to buy a reversing Y lead for the flaps. However, because the Y lead is stashed well up in the fuse I cannot access it so I am thinking I will have to hide the excess wires in the side of the fuse where the wing is glued in- more scalpel work ahead...

I had to make up a stand for the jet so I can work on it in many situations because once I glue it up I think I will have difficulty working upside down as it is.

I bought these great nav/landing lights from eBay and am in the process of fitting them. I am stuck about what to do with the port and starboard wing lights because in order to install them I have to slice into the wing and that isn't something I feel very comfortable doing yet.
Hallmark is offline Find More Posts by Hallmark
Last edited by Hallmark; Feb 25, 2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Added more photos.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:06 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
Spares needed on F22 Raptor EDF

Hi there! Can anyone help me, I had a receiver failure on my twin 70mm EDF raptor and crashed it nose down. I don't want to replace the whole jet as only the front end is damaged. Where can I get a new front end where the cockpit fits onto and a new nose?Name: Mod.jpg
Views: 251
Size: 284.3 KB
Description:
Johan vd Merwe is offline Find More Posts by Johan vd Merwe
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:29 PM
Australia, SA, Munno Para
Joined Feb 2012
117 Posts
Hey mate,

Looking at those pictures there is more damaged than just the cockpit portion of the jet. I think if you try www.sydneyrcjets.com.au you might find they have spare parts. I know they have a cockpit spare from travel damage done by a courier on one sent to me a few weeks ago, so try them...

Theo other option is to buy the kit version with airframe only (it was about $230AUD a while ago), see if that helps you out.

How/why did it crash if you don't mind me asking?
Hallmark is offline Find More Posts by Hallmark
Last edited by Hallmark; Mar 02, 2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Adding more information...
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:49 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Feb 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan vd Merwe View Post
Hi there! Can anyone help me, I had a receiver failure on my twin 70mm EDF raptor and crashed it nose down. I don't want to replace the whole jet as only the front end is damaged. Where can I get a new front end where the cockpit fits onto and a new nose?Attachment 4666913
You could maybe ask the company who build it, lanxiang.
GO to the site lxhm.us and search the email, and ask them and maybe they give have spare parts they could sell, i bought my plane from their company and when i received it there were some problem with my plane(a-10)
They gave me a whole new electric retract set (3 of them) for free.
YOu should ask them. success
Milton12325
milton12325 is offline Find More Posts by milton12325
Old Aug 08, 2013, 12:16 PM
United Kingdom, Harrow
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
F22 Raptor 70mm twin edf.
How channels needed for: aileron/throttle/retracts/thrust vectoring/airbrake/flaps
Are the leading edge airbrakes in synch with the flaps or does each require its own channel?

Thanks, Ian UK.
ian bird is offline Find More Posts by ian bird