SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sprstemvnose, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:53 PM
FPV flyer
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
Discussion
FPV Beta HD HERO 2 and Tilt Upgrade

Hello RC friends, firstly I now it is terrible expensive, but picture is the best, I like the 120fps and I am planning to use HERO not just for FPV.

Photos of upgrade as below...

Today I finally tested the ORACLE and works very good.
I feltl it as help to be sure, that I do everything to dont loose a Beta.
I set my new record also today - 1850m far away from GS, measured by SIMPLE OSD GPS. Quality of video signal was not bad, but I forgot move patch antenna on to the higher angle and remembr about that during the flight.
I was so afraid I turned back and dont catch the 2km, nevermind
*I have to prepare my pre-start check list for next-time, to many things to set before flight... easy to forget something...

*I use it with 10dB patch antenna on the 1st Vrx and rubber ducky antenna on the second one (the tunned). Sensitivity of Oracle adjusted to medium
When flying behind me it just beeps sometime and swtch from p0atch to whip
Also after 1km Oracle sometimes beeping (switching to the better source), that I expected from it

*also mounted ready made RC PAN TILT set, works well, but dont like to much because aerodynamic issues... it is to high

*but really big challenge is placing my new GO PRO HERO 2 camera on BETA together with FPV system, my todays 3 flghts with GO PRO installed on the wing was not good, also aerodynamic issues. With HERO (without case) and PAN TILT I can stay now in the air just 15 minutes instead 30minuts without it. If I cut mottor off, then is BETA get down as stone, no glider anymore...Wing is also taking aproximatelly 25% of the picture, not good place for it.

* Becasue results with HERO on wing was bad, I change today the position of GO PRO to the nose (I cuted a hole in NOSE, 1/4 of HERO is now hidden inside and due the c.g. moved the 1000mAh video battery to the back of fuselage, nove UHF backward, and add aprox 15 grams weight to the back
hope it helps improve the flying ability for next flights with HERO

*I have new current sensor from fFlytron now in hands, must be instaled soon!!

*for weight save I am planning in the future demount from TBS690 camera the big heat-sink, the camera is really heavy... need to be checked if si possible to do, but for me it looks it is not necessary, camera dont make any heat I can see
*another weight save maybe possible by remove the GOPRO battery,but I have to firstly find more information later

Bye, David.
sprstemvnose is offline Find More Posts by sprstemvnose
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:47 AM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
757 Posts
Quite interested in what you are doing with FPV and the Go Pro camera.

Which frequency did you decided on for your video feed and why did you choose that frequency?
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Feb 21, 2012, 06:53 PM
FPV flyer
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
Hello, for video transmition I am using 2,4GHz 500mW. HERO is there for now just for HD video recording for later watching on the ground. Camera for FPV is PIXIM SEAWOLF. I am afraid to useHERO camera for FPV because people here are talking about delayed AV out signal from HERO
Maybe you asking for framerate, 960 lines with 48 frames is very nice and I like also 60 frames modes, they are so smooth and looks still good.

But generally - need to be tested
sprstemvnose is offline Find More Posts by sprstemvnose
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:37 AM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
757 Posts
Thanks, I was asking for frequency more than anything. I have a 2.4 ghz radio (Spektrum) so will be staying away from that freq for my video transmitter.
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei