HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:18 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
919 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
Sold
Great Planes Ultra-Micro 30mm F-86 Sabre, TX-R w/ANYLINK

This is the new ultra micro F-86 Sabre by Great Planes. It just hit store shelves a few days ago and is sold out across the nation. I happened across one this weekend @ my LHS and had to give it a shot!

I can report that it flies very well and is something truly unique in the world of EDF's. Tracking is straight as an arrow, and the roll rate is impressive. Beware the "Sabre Dance" - The stall on this one is truly nasty.

I'm selling it primarily because I love touch-and-gos, but this Sabre does not! I must have bounced 5 landings trying to tame this little beast on smooth concrete. The plane sustained some cosmetic damage in various places (Mostly tail section and port wingtip) but nothing serious at all and I reinforced the affected areas appropriately. It wants to be a belly lander, and if that's your thing - this one's for you!

Also includes the revolutionary ANYLINK device (Spektrum/JR version - May work for others too, but its on you to check that out because I really don't know its full compatibility chart) ANYLINK works off of your transmitter's trainer port to control the model without needing to change radio types. I flew this with my JR9303 and it worked like a champ! Pretty cool little gadget and it will allow you to fly all future TX-R releases.

You'll get the Sabre, painted/installed pilot figure, the carrying case/box, ANYLINK, instructions, battery, charger with auto cigarette lighter adapter, and the landing gear.

$130 shipped anywhere in the CONUS, Paypal only please. Thanks for looking!
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,827 Posts
Trader Rating: 401
Picture of damage?
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
919 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
You're looking at it - Photo #3 shows the tail marks, Photo # 1 shows the wingtip. There's some extra small scuffs on the underside in two places if you're really into that sort of thing, but I think I've got it covered already. There's really not "damage" so much as signs of use - I didn't run it into anything or crash, the landings simply weren't stellar and the wind blew it around on the ground.
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined May 2006
178 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Is this still available?
David McAfee is offline Find More Posts by David McAfee
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:54 AM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
919 Posts