HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2001, 04:26 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,347 Posts
Endo in short supply??

Is it true that Tower has ran out of Endoplasma motors? Their web site shows LATE DECEMBER!

Didn't Gary said they were coming in this week? Or did he buy up their whole inventory??

I should have ordered one with the E3D.

Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2001, 06:32 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
As I remeber Gary bought all that his supplier had.
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old Nov 01, 2001, 07:58 PM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,134 Posts
I had a lot on backorder,.. but they didn't get that many in. They didn't even fill my complete order. It's actually united model I get them from,... another division of great planes/tower. I have many kits sitting here where the customers wanted motors with the kits, so my motors will be here tommorrow, and We'll ship those out,.. and I'll be left with 6 motors untill united model gets more in. I've tried to "politely" explain the situation, and even asked about a special order to airfreight some from Japan before their normal monthly order next month. it seems they go by their past history in sales numbers to order,.. and although I've been telling them for a couple months that demand was going to increase,..they didn't change their ordering. they've normally kept an inventory of around 70 to 100 of them. Guess I created a bit of a supply and demand problem .
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Nov 02, 2001, 07:36 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,134 Posts
I got word back from some contacts I have in Japan from the helicopter section of the hobby. I can get a "deal" on the endoplasma's (actually labeled differently over there, with a different name), and get them over here much quicker,..however, even at the pricing they're offering, including shipping and customs, I'd have to price them well over $30,.. so that puts that out of the question. The only option at the moment is the atomic force. It's about 98~99 percent as good,.. an amp or two less and a tiny bit less power,.. as it's a percent or so lower in efficiency. We're still trying to get caught up on kit orders, so people can build while waiting on motors, or use the atomic force. I think united will be ordering "enough" from now on after my phone conversations the other day. This first kit has shown me that there is WAY MORE demand for this size e-plane than I ever thought, and no-one is really marketing anything in this size/power arena,.. so there are more projects underway,..i.e. more things to kit for this power system, and I explained that to my rep at united model. Hopefully they will heed my suggestions for stocking the motors.
Old Nov 02, 2001, 08:26 AM
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
7,639 Posts
My Endo order shipped from Tower Hobbies yesterday. They likely cut back on larger orders like Gary's to fill other customers lower quantities like mine. This technique makes more customers happy.

Don't be afraid to back order them from Tower Hobbies. They are very good at filling them and don't charge extra shipping for back ordered items.
Greg Covey is online now Find More Posts by Greg Covey
Old Nov 02, 2001, 08:30 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,134 Posts
That sounds good. That means the rather paltry amount they shipped me is not all they got in. I do know of a hobby shop that keeps them in stock (he usually has 8 or 10 of them), so I can point people in that direction if needed. He normally has them priced at $27.95,.. but that's not too high i don't think. He normally has the full line of the "mad science" series motors in stock actually.
Old Nov 02, 2001, 09:59 AM
RPV builder & operator
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2001
2,302 Posts
Mine is also back ordered from www.greathobbies.com here in Canada. No visibility when it's going to be filled.
Pierre Audette is offline Find More Posts by Pierre Audette