Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:06 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
No, only mixing values. Mike.
So trimmers can be assigned to mixing only and this would allow me to change the value of the mixing via the trimmer clicks if I understand correctly.

Thank You Mike for the info.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,177 Posts
Yes, for example... You have a Rudder to Elevator mix for knife edge and you assign the adjust function to the trimmer, then all you have to do is adjust it in flight to dial it in. In the past you would try it, land, and repeat multiple times or have your buddy reach over your shoulder to adjust it.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:38 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Yes, for example... In the past you would try it, land, and repeat multiple times or have your buddy reach over your shoulder to adjust it. Mike.
Yes been there and thats exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks Mike.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:30 PM
southern oregon
Joined Feb 2010
52 Posts
DX7s spectrum

So, I'm not the only one with a new radio that has trouble with the roller knob. And then there is the "NEW" rubber one... It should be installed free of charge into every spectrum radio that does not have one !!!

It is interesting also that I haven't heard about a recently published 100 page book on programming for any other radio except spectrum.....

Do ya wonder why there are these million opinions about these radios?? Maybe they could have been improved before they were sold.
Randy Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Randy Shaw
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:44 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Shaw View Post
... It is interesting also that I haven't heard about a recently published 100 page book on programming for any other radio except spectrum. ...
The answer is very simple even if some may not think its the right answer.

If you were going to make something and sell it, would you want to make sure you are able to sell as many as you can? Of course now if I am making something that relates to something else and I had a choice the choice would be very simple. Let's make it for the one that sells the most so we can benefit from it's success and high sales numbers.

HK copied what RX first? Someone wrote a book on programming for the radio that sells a lot hoping to sell many of his book.

After what my LHS just told me I certainly would not be writing a book on programming for the A9. Sorry but thats just the way it is. No need to twist things around.

If you don't like something you are entitle to it, don't use some lame excuse.

A guy or company wanted to cash in on the DX8 success, saw a need that people wanted help on programming since most of the buyers were coming from a lower end radio and need help. CHACHING$$$$$.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:06 AM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
i did a lot of research into various sytems Futaba, Hitec, Spectrum, Airtronics etc

I still fly an older Futaba Fm system and I briefly had a FF7 2.4Ghz

I eventually settled on the Hitec A9 for 3 major reasons -

Reliability
Programming Ease/Flexibility
Value

...Rx prices on Futaba are just stupid...and I just don't trust Spectrum technology - too many ifs and buts...

No other system IMHO covers all bases to anything like the same extent that Hitec does.

Plus their support and warranty is unequalled. SPC Telemetry voltage included with Rx is just the icing on the cake - and its a great safety feature

with Hitec, you're laughing
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Last edited by big bird; Mar 01, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2011
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
Just and FYI, you can get a Hitec telemetry station module for $37.

So, for $407 you get an A9 with O9 receiver and telemetry station VS $365 for the DX8 with the same components.

Granted, with the A9 you get 1 more channel, more and easier programming features and most importantly to me Hitec reliabilty.
The Aurora has telemetry built-into every receiver so there is no need to buy any extra modules unless you want more than voltage. I think voltage telemetry is necessary for basic safe operation of RC planes. Other telemetry options are nice but not required for safety.

The A9 price is $280 with a 7 channel and that includes basic safe telemetry for every plane

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitec-Aurora...item45ffa8e042
http://www.hitecrcd.com/offers/fro2012.html
sandy11 is offline Find More Posts by sandy11
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:20 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
The answer is very simple even if some may not think its the right answer.

If you were going to make something and sell it, would you want to make sure you are able to sell as many as you can? Of course now if I am making something that relates to something else and I had a choice the choice would be very simple. Let's make it for the one that sells the most so we can benefit from it's success and high sales numbers.

HK copied what RX first? Someone wrote a book on programming for the radio that sells a lot hoping to sell many of his book.

After what my LHS just told me I certainly would not be writing a book on programming for the A9. Sorry but thats just the way it is. No need to twist things around.

If you don't like something you are entitle to it, don't use some lame excuse.

A guy or company wanted to cash in on the DX8 success, saw a need that people wanted help on programming since most of the buyers were coming from a lower end radio and need help. CHACHING$$$$$.
I'm sure the guy didn't become rich(or even make a decent profit) on the manual he wrote about the DX8.

Spektrum popularity does vary from area to area, but they are definately more popular than Hitec.(and Futaba) Theres no question.

Why?

First to market is almost always a good thing and their(Spektrum) marketing managers are genius'. I bet Hitec doesn't spend a 1/4 of what Spek does in money and effort. Just look at the launch of Hitecs new 7 channel radio, no fanfare, not many ads, etc.

Spektrum had their DX7s plastered on these forum header's for months even before the radio was available! I always thought the ad was funny "get one now"!
You couldn't buy one! But they know what they are doing as far as sales and marketing.

Does it make Spektrum a better product........not by a long shot.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2011
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bird View Post
No other system IMHO covers all bases to anything like the same extent that Hitec does.

Plus their support and warranty is unequalled. SPC Telemetry voltage included with Rx is just the icing on the cake - and its a great safety feature
If you compare at the same safety level for a basic 10 plane setup

$610 Hitec Aurora 9 ($280), 7 channel (free), three 3-pack 6 channel Rxs ($330) with safety voltage telemetry and SPC Rx power for brownout immunity

$1730 Spektrum DX8 ($365), TM1000 (free), AR8000 (free), nine AR600 ($540), nine TM1000 ($495), ten LiFe Rx ($240), nine SPMA9570 ($90)

The Spektrum setup is about 40 ounces heavier. The Hitec includes fail safe Rx operation that programs flight controls if you lose the Tx. I don't think Spektrum offers fail safe that but I could be wrong.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy11 View Post
The Aurora has telemetry built-into every receiver so there is no need to buy any extra modules unless you want more than voltage. I think voltage telemetry is necessary for basic safe operation of RC planes. Other telemetry options are nice but not required for safety.

The A9 price is $280 with a 7 channel and that includes basic safe telemetry for every plane

If you read my post directly above the one you quoted, you would realize I know it has receiver voltage standard on O6, O7 and O9. I was merely making a comparison, apples to apples with a DX8. The DX8 comes with the TM1000 which will accept additional sensors. In order to add additional sensors to the A9, you would need to BUY the telemtry station.

And receiver voltage is nice, but 10's of thousands of us have been operating aircraft, boats and cars safely for decades without it.

BTW, I AM an A9 owner and love it. I have flown with my dads DX8 and have spent alot of time with it and when it came time for me to upgrade, I chose the A9 because it is IMHO a better radio than the DX8.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:

$610 Hitec Aurora 9 ($280), 7 channel (free), three 3-pack 6 channel Rxs ($330) with safety voltage telemetry and SPC Rx power for brownout immunity

$1730 Spektrum DX8 ($365), TM1000 (free), AR8000 (free), nine AR600 ($540), nine TM1000 ($495), ten LiFe Rx ($240), nine SPMA9570 ($90)

The Spektrum setup is about 40 ounces heavier. The Hitec includes fail safe Rx operation that programs flight controls if you lose the Tx. I don't think Spektrum offers fail safe that but I could be wrong.
You're comparing essentially a 7 channel radio(A9 with O7) to an 8 channel radio.
Why are you adding in Life receiver packs into this equation with the DX8?

Please tell me where you can buy a A9 with O7 for $280? The lowest I have found is transmitter only for $290.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:

The E-bay listing($280) is for transmitter only, although they show a picture of a harness and receiver.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:30 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
953 Posts
Not exactly a fair comparison:
  • Hitecs Optima 6's dont have full telemetry support
  • Tm1000's already come with SPMA9570's and temperature sensors so thats not needed.
  • The Tm1000 or the cheaper tm1100 are also the equivalent of the hitec sensor station, which of course isnt compatible with the Optima 6's you bought.
  • receiver packs ? Really ? How much different is really fast reconnects vs only having the receiver on , if the voltage to the servos is insufficient to move them ?
  • Spektrum does offer failsafes in most of their receivers, for whatever good that helps anyone.
  • A Spektrum setup weighs 40 ounces more ? Are you trying to fly the radio around too ?
Try and make the comparison a little more valid, the A9 is a strong enough radio not too need any unfair help.

Quote:

pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:51 AM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,262 Posts
This post is just funny. I fly 99% DSM2 with a 9503 and about 80% Orange receivers in 48 ready to fly planes. It's not that expensive. A lot less than when I had them all on 72MHZ with my two Futaba 9C Supers.

Quote:

Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2011
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
The E-bay listing($280) is for transmitter only, although they show a picture of a harness and receiver.
Optima 7 is free. It comes with voltage telemetry and dedicated Rx power, which are both required for safe operation IMHO. The other telemetry features aren't required for safety. I was comparing the cost of operating the most basic safe setup for ten models.