HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:45 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy11 View Post
This video shows OrangeRx are superior to Spektrum brand Rxs WRT signal use. (ADD sufferers should skip to minute 3:30)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwNDPn9Cx-4

But any blackout behavior should be unacceptable in the electric era where high voltage motor batteries can be used directly, like Hitec has been doing for a long time. The days of Rx packs being the only source of Rx power are long gone, Andy. "Legacy design" is too kind for Spektrum's blackout risk imposed on OrangeRx.
That video has already been discredited. But I suppose you forgot, like you forget to remove bind plugs.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:45 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
That video has already been discredited. But I suppose you forgot, like you forget to remove bind plugs.

And his Lipos all failed ten times just this morning....

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2011
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
The Spektrum way of binding is extremely easy, no cue cards necessary. And I have NEVER left the bind plug in.
Don't. It equates to certain loss of model.

I've lost a few planes that way. Dumb? Maybe. But I've never lost a Hitec model from a bind or blackout issue. Maybe I'm a fool who needs proofing but a radio standard that instantly imposes the death sentence for an easy mistake is not so wise either.

Spektrum has already sanctioned the button method with the TM1000 so it can't logically be argued, but I'm sure they find a way to blame their customers for a flawed bind method combined with Rx design very susceptible to blackouts and continued rebinding. I would suggest Spektrum add a bind button so they don't have to assign blame for crashes that never happen.
sandy11 is offline Find More Posts by sandy11
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2011
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
"Has been discredited" is passive voice. Passive voice is used when the speaker thinks there is no believable subject to serve as an actor in his statement.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:58 PM
United States, FL, Port Charlotte
Joined Jan 2008
907 Posts
Quote:
a radio standard that instantly imposes the death sentence for an easy mistake is not so wise either.
There are many things on many different manufacturers that can lead to a death sentence for "an easy mistake". What if you forget to plug in your aileron servos before takeoff? With the apparent lack of proper preflight checks that is so common at your field, that would be an easy one to miss and could just as easily be a death sentence. Do we now require the TX to give us a "green light" for every system on the plane prior to allowing throttle input?
kwiktsi is offline Find More Posts by kwiktsi
United States, AZ, Cochise
Joined Sep 2011
112 Posts
I wish Sandy would take up another crusade .Preferably in a different hobby.
mighty9 is offline Find More Posts by mighty9
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
BTW, I noticed you did not respond to my own 'simple query' to you --

"Are you going to tell us who you work for, or are you going to continue to beat the wife?"

Didn't got the memo that you edited your post after it was replied to.

Whom I work for has nothing to do with Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec or any other trivial hobby related company. You think engineers only work for RC companies? As to your other queries in the original post, RCG provides all the tools necessary to prevent you from being mislead. Use them.

@ Sandy: Give it a rest, already.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2011
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiktsi View Post
There are many things on many different manufacturers that can lead to a death sentence for "an easy mistake". What if you forget to plug in your aileron servos before takeoff? With the apparent lack of proper preflight checks that is so common at your field, that would be an easy one to miss and could just as easily be a death sentence. Do we now require the TX to give us a "green light" for every system on the plane prior to allowing throttle input?
I know there are a lot of ways to crash so why create another? This one is different from what you described because everything appears to work fine until the inevitable Spektrum blackout/reboot in flight. Then crash 100% of the time. We all know how often any Spektrum Rx comes back with a steady light. Like, never.

Spektrum can continue to insist that routine bind plug to blackout crashes are all their customers fault. But the truth is it never happens with other Rx brands because it can't happen. Why not prevent common crashes instead of bickering over who's to blame?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,027 Posts
Quote:
"Has been discredited" is passive voice. Passive voice is used when the speaker thinks there is no believable subject to serve as an actor in his statement.
But it still has been discredited, contorted semantic or not. Do a little research before spouting. There are so many things you have said that are plain false, as in not true.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,027 Posts
Quote:
We all know how often any Spektrum Rx comes back with a steady light. Like, never.
(my bolding)
This is simply not true, not in the slightest true. You are spouting things that aren't true again, Sandy. My planes never come back with a flashing light. Never, ever.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:55 PM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
848 Posts
Quote:
Spektrum can continue to insist that routine bind plug to blackout crashes are all their customers fault. But the truth is it never happens with other Rx brands because it can't happen. Why not prevent common crashes instead of bickering over who's to blame?

I have seen many failures attributed to Spektrum gear (some fair and some unfair), but this is the first I have heard of your particular scenario ("bind plug to blackout crash"). This can hardly be classified as a "common" issue. Leaving the bind plug in is nearly as bad a leaving a servo disconnected, forgetting a wing bolt, etc. Radio manufactures cannot protect users from every potential misuse of their products.
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
For anyone worried about brownout related crashes, either use 5S NiXX power source, 2S LiPo/LiFe or plug in a low ESR capacitor of suitable capacitance into the servo/receiver power bus through any open receiver channel slot. Brownouts will become history.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Last edited by aa78; Mar 20, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
For anyone worried about brownout related crashes, either use 5S NiXX power source, 2S LiPo/LiFe or plug in a suitable low ESR capacitor of suitable capacitance into the servo/receiver power bus through any open receiver channel slot. Brownouts will become history.
Amen! Can you say "Amen"??
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:25 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
Whom I work for has nothing to do with Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec or any other trivial hobby related company.
Ah, so you prefer not to be bothered by someone using that information to harangue you about how much better the company you don't work for is?

Yeah. I could see that.

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:32 PM
no discrimination, I crash all
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2011
276 Posts
I have been following this thread since it started

I think all the brands are good, if you like it, that is all that matters, we should
all just fly and have fun with our fellow RC enthusiast

It will please some of you (and others,not so much) to know that I'm writing this while wearing my Spektrum DSM t-shirt

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming
ncsky is offline Find More Posts by ncsky