HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:57 AM
United States, VA, Lorton
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Grayson Hobby 3D EPP Sukhoi vs Leadfeather EPP Yak 55/54

I'd like to know what you guys think about either of these two aircraft for a first 4 ch flyer. I've been flying helis three years now and have a Slow Stick 3ch that I'm handing down to my 9 year old son. What I'm looking for is a good park flyer that both my son and I can enjoy. The young one will need a to get a few hours on the slow stick first. I figure EPP offers us the chance to build something together and then see the results of the effort. We have small fields and limited storage space available. So, we prefer smaller aircraft.

Are we looking at the right EPP planes? Are there aircraft that are better suited for my son and I to get into 3d?
C5Cheeks is offline Find More Posts by C5Cheeks
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:06 PM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Cheeks View Post
I'd like to know what you guys think about either of these two aircraft for a first 4 ch flyer. I've been flying helis three years now and have a Slow Stick 3ch that I'm handing down to my 9 year old son. What I'm looking for is a good park flyer that both my son and I can enjoy. The young one will need a to get a few hours on the slow stick first. I figure EPP offers us the chance to build something together and then see the results of the effort. We have small fields and limited storage space available. So, we prefer smaller aircraft.

Are we looking at the right EPP planes? Are there aircraft that are better suited for my son and I to get into 3d?
I have the sukhoi, it flies good and im practicing my 3d on it. I likes to be light, Like all 3d planes, do use glue sparingly. You want is to be around 8oz if you can. The yak is a GREAT plane. I fly it on my sim and love it. You can get the kit from http://wmparkflyers.com/Yak55kits.aspx its way cheaper than the GH sukhoi. Get the "spars short one"
Pyrofan is offline Find More Posts by Pyrofan