HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2001, 03:51 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
Watch Me Build My Cutie

Hello Everybody!

I've just whipped up a quick little website where I'll show my progress while building my SR Cutie. I'll update the main workbench photo everytime I make some major progress. I also will have a picture of my planned coverig design as soon as I can upload it to geocities. I'll be gone untill Monday taking my some ground school, then taking the Private Pilot Written Exam, so obviously there won't be any updates untill then. Here is the website:

http://www.geocities.com/airventure/cutie.html

-Thanks
-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2001, 08:41 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Brett, that's great. I bet a lot of prospective builders will enjoy watching your progress. If you are like me your biggest problem will be stopping the work long enough to clear the bench to take photos. I usually get so into it that I can't clean the bench up until it too crowded with tools and parts, etc, to do any more work.

The Cutie is an enjoyable build. Have fun!
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Nov 02, 2001, 09:09 AM
RPV builder & operator
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2001
2,302 Posts
How about a web cam? You could have your own web show!

That's what's missing on this site. An area for web cam listing, of fields, workshops or anything else related to e-flight.
Pierre Audette is offline Find More Posts by Pierre Audette
Old Nov 04, 2001, 09:15 AM
Bellport, NY, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,219 Posts
Hi Brett...

I think this is a great idea. I'm going to enjoy looking over your shoulder.

Larry
Larry @ SR is offline Find More Posts by Larry @ SR
Old Nov 04, 2001, 05:03 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
Iwas thinking about a web cam but I really don't know much about them, or if geocities even supports that kind of thing. I'll probably start building tonight. Maybe even get a picture on the website if I get far enough for any noticable changes. I'll keep a log of all the work bench pictures as I go on another page. Gotta get building!

-Brett
Old Nov 04, 2001, 08:36 PM
Box Elder,SD
Joined Jul 2001
63 Posts
Brett

Cool website, I'll be keeping my eye on your progress. Hope you did ok on the private pilot license today. I soloed last Sunday, man what a feeling!!

Jerry in South Dakota
Soloed 28 Oct 2001
jfelts303 is offline Find More Posts by jfelts303
Old Nov 04, 2001, 09:50 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
100% BABY YEAH!

Yup, I passed my Private Pilot Written (100% if you really want to know).

I just made my first major update. I'm also working on setting up another page with a log of all of the workbench pictures.

www.geocities.com/airventure/cutie.html

-Brett
Soloed 11-22-00

Good luck with your flying Jerry!!!
Old Nov 05, 2001, 09:14 AM
Clu
Glavin!
Southern NJ
Joined Aug 2001
283 Posts
Good idea...

I think you'll find the Cutie alot more fun and satisfying to build than the Merlin!

I'm just getting ready to cover my Cutie. This is the first plane I have built, having owned a Merlin and Zagi as well. My father built the Zagi for me.

What a joy this kit was. My father has been building glow kits for 30+ years, and was very impressed by the quality of the kit. His comment to my wife was 'He's got a couple of months of work ahead of him'. He was quite surprised when I told him I was ready to cover after about 2 1/2 weeks.

Can't wait to show him the STRAIGHT wing! Now if I could only come up with a color scheme worthy of Larry's kit

John
Clu is offline Find More Posts by Clu
Old Nov 09, 2001, 04:28 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
Sorry I haven't updated my site lately and, well, it still isn't updated. There is either something wrong with my computer or Yahoo/Geocities Pagebuilder. I haven't been able to upload pics. I guess I'll try to update my site on the computers at school once I get enough time. I'm done with the main fuse. construction, tail, and vertical stab. Pretty much just have to the wings left and covering. Well, I think I'm gunna go fly since its getting dark and its only 4:30!!!

Sorry,
-Brett