HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by hththt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 09:39 PM
MultiFreak
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2012
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Sold
LotusRC T580p+

up for sale is the Lotus T580p+, this is the version with bigger motors and CF rods.

It came with a defective ESC board when I got it from Lotus. I swapped in my friend's ESC board and it flew just fine. I only hovered it once to confirm it working. You will need to get a new ESC board for it which costs around $55

It comes complete with the quadcopter, the camera mount which will require some modifications to fit, the aluminum carrying case and extra blades. I will also throw in a 3S 2200mAh battery and an OrangeRx 6 channel to get you going

So all you need is the stock ESC board ($55) or even better, go with some nicer ESC's and save yourself the hassle with the stock ESC

$400 shipped CONUS OBO. I take PayPal
hththt is offline Find More Posts by hththt
Last edited by hththt; Feb 20, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Might want to mention for T580 you will need I2C converter to use standard ESC
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:15 AM
MultiFreak
Joined Jan 2012
384 Posts
I didn't know that. Thanks TC
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:15 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hththt View Post
I didn't know that. Thanks TC
also worth knowing is that lotusrc had a thread on here and when they had enough of people telling the truth about their products they closed the thread?

or that the esc's that need replacing will flip and break the rest of the t580 once repaired? and there isnt a complete parts list to buy repair parts from? (go and buy a NEW dome from ANYWHERE? dont exist! like some of the other parts only way to get them? buy another t580!

btw dont you think $500 is rather expencive for something that DOES NOT WORK right now? as in you would want us to pay a few dollars less than the brand new shipped price and yet expect us to fix the quad ourselves?

we all know this already? thats why no one was interested in this quad the last time you tried to sell it here? last month was it? and you got no replies then so what makes you think people are going to pay $500 for a knackered quad when you can buy them right here WORKING ready to fly for $200 dollars?

it just doesnt make sence to me

also if its so easy to fix why dont you fix it yourself then come back on here and try to sell it when it is fully working and we can see a video of it flying like EVERYONE else does who sell multirotors on here?

last thought? i was a lotusrc tester for a while and actually do have the lastest esc boards (one of the few to get them free of charge due to lotusrc's repairs policy that they appear to stopped altogether now hence you aint got a new esc) and flight controller in a draw in my desk as we speak and knowing that i actually have EVERYTHING here to repair and also EVERYTHING to completely upgrade the terrible onboard electronics lotusrc ship those birds with do you think i would pay $500 so i can fix it for you??? NO WAY

if you want so much money foraknackered item return it to lotusrc and get your money back!! oh but you cant do that can you? WHY? what does lotusrc know about how that particular t580 being damaged that makes them say they wont replace it when they have replaced EVERYONE elses faulty electronics!! dont believe me? read the thread for yourself
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Last edited by n3m1s1s; Feb 20, 2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:15 AM
MultiFreak
Joined Jan 2012
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
also worth knowing is that lotusrc had a thread on here and when they had enough of people telling the truth about their products they closed the thread?

or that the esc's that need replacing will flip and break the rest of the t580 once repaired? and there isnt a complete parts list to buy repair parts from? (go and buy a NEW dome from ANYWHERE? dont exist! like some of the other parts only way to get them? buy another t580!

btw dont you think $500 is rather expencive for something that DOES NOT WORK right now? as in you would want us to pay a few dollars less than the brand new shipped price and yet expect us to fix the quad ourselves?

we all know this already? thats why no one was interested in this quad the last time you tried to sell it here? last month was it? and you got no replies then so what makes you think people are going to pay $500 for a knackered quad when you can buy them right here WORKING ready to fly for $200 dollars?

it just doesnt make sence to me

also if its so easy to fix why dont you fix it yourself then come back on here and try to sell it when it is fully working and we can see a video of it flying like EVERYONE else does who sell multirotors on here?

last thought? i was a lotusrc tester for a while and actually do have the lastest esc boards (one of the few to get them free of charge due to lotusrc's repairs policy that they appear to stopped altogether now hence you aint got a new esc) and flight controller in a draw in my desk as we speak and knowing that i actually have EVERYTHING here to repair and also EVERYTHING to completely upgrade the terrible onboard electronics lotusrc ship those birds with do you think i would pay $500 so i can fix it for you??? NO WAY

if you want so much money foraknackered item return it to lotusrc and get your money back!! oh but you cant do that can you? WHY? what does lotusrc know about how that particular t580 being damaged that makes them say they wont replace it when they have replaced EVERYONE elses faulty electronics!! dont believe me? read the thread for yourself
I paid $750 for it brand new with the camera mount. I had no idea about how much it is going for right now nor the current LotusRC situation. I bought it for $750, so I priced it at $500, if you think that is too much, please say so gently...

thanks for the information. I will lower the price to $400 then. I understand people properly don't want the electronics anyway, so would a CF frame, 4 good outrunners, a camera mount, a battery, a receiver and a case doable for $400?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:46 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hththt View Post
I paid $750 for it brand new with the camera mount. I had no idea about how much it is going for right now nor the current LotusRC situation. I bought it for $750, so I priced it at $500, if you think that is too much, please say so gently...

thanks for the information. I will lower the price to $400 then. I understand people properly don't want the electronics anyway, so would a CF frame, 4 good outrunners, a camera mount, a battery, a receiver and a case doable for $400?
it would be much better dont get me wrong i like the frame and the motors its the esc's and flight controller that are crap if you were to remove the flight controller and esc boards and explain why the rest was basicly new (ie its never been flown right? easy to tell once buyer receives) then it would most probaby be worth the $400?

NOTE FOR BUYER

get some normal esc's and timecops flight controller or even a free flight board and run timecops port of multiwii on it and you will have one nice peice of kit repaired quite cheap
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
MultiFreak
Joined Jan 2012
384 Posts
it has never been flown because the ESC is defective out of the box (

but like I said, I swapped my friend's ESC in and hovered it to confirm that nothing else broke but the ESCs

fwiw, my friend has seen given up on the Lotus's electronics and went with a WKM and simonk-flashed HK blue series and he couldn't be happier. He advised me on doing the same thing but I am deep in my F450 now and the gf won't let me have more than 1 quad. I'm also selling my x450pro on another thread as the result (
Closed Thread