HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by killbucket, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:42 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Discussion
16.5" Tamiya BlackFoot Chassis

Starting to smooth out the cement bonds on my custom Blackfoot chassis, and blend the upper parts into one solid component.

I cannot get the frame to twist at all now. Tamiya's clever Blackfoot truck sub-frames flex a bit, but the whole structure is easily three times stronger than needed.

Looking through the caged lower section, you see a huge reason why: it's fully triangulated. My Tamiya Blackfoot RC truck will be 5.3 inches longer than stock, with a sixteen and a half-inch wheelbase.

The shock tower transfers all suspension loading away from the Tamiya subframes, negating the previously-mentioned flex in them. The thick frame rails I've added to Tamiya's great pickup will ensure that each tire stays planted. Shock absorbers are from HPI, filled with dish soap, not oil.

My home-made Rock rings are finished, here's a video of them coming into being:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj2LwYgtS50
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
to remove ads between posts