HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 30, 2012, 05:30 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 166Valerio View Post
Just installed the camera on my new F45 and it's a cats A_ S !!!

What a clear image for something so inexpensive.

A question.. How do you erase whats on the chip?

Valerio
The camera has a 1gig micro sd card so take it out of the camera and put it into the micro sd card reader that came with the camera and then plug the reader into your usb unit on your computer and then take your vids off it and then you can either delete the files on the card or you can format the card and then put it back into the camera and the camera will format the card ready for you to shoot some more video's or pictures.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:14 AM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2012
197 Posts
F-45 Batteries

I ordered several spare batteries from Aliexpress to have as spares and my question is once these batteries arecharged do they maintain the full charge for a long time.

Valerio
166Valerio is offline Find More Posts by 166Valerio
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
better motor advise

Hi

what motor can I best buy for a bit better performance ?
I like to have a brushed one.

do I have to take a 370 or a 380
I read some about honey bee (1 2 3 ??) extreme motor

thanks

Jeroen
jeroenvtec is offline Find More Posts by jeroenvtec
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:38 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroenvtec View Post
Hi

what motor can I best buy for a bit better performance ?
I like to have a brushed one.

do I have to take a 370 or a 380
I read some about honey bee (1 2 3 ??) extreme motor

thanks

Jeroen
What is it about the stock motor that you don't like?

There are several easy things to do that will give the F45 a bit more punch:

1. Maximize the elevator servo rate in the tx.
2. Increase the throttle response setting in the tx.
3. Switch to a higher c battery.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:37 PM
when is the wind stopping??
markkona's Avatar
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroenvtec View Post
Hi

what motor can I best buy for a bit better performance ?
I like to have a brushed one.

do I have to take a 370 or a 380
I read some about honey bee (1 2 3 ??) extreme motor

thanks

Jeroen
If you want to stay brushed main motor then there aren't many motors better than the stock one!! Don't buy the 380 xtreme motor coz that one will have good performance only with 3s battery. Do as Gordonzo rightlyadviced but mostly upgrade the stock battery to a real lipo with higher c rating and you ll see a distinct improvement. What better performance are you actually looking for??
More response?
faster forward speed?
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:41 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Wind....

Dang Texas wind!

.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:44 PM
when is the wind stopping??
markkona's Avatar
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Dang Texas wind!

Dang all winds hehe I haven't flown my bird for 3 days now and I am worrying about my lipos cos I keep them charged up ready for flying if the wind decides to give us a break and that's not good for lipos I think!!
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:58 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Dang all winds hehe I haven't flown my bird for 3 days now and I am worrying about my lipos cos I keep them charged up ready for flying if the wind decides to give us a break and that's not good for lipos I think!!
Won't hurt them if it's a few days or weeks ... takes more like months at full charge.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
If you want to stay brushed main motor then there aren't many motors better than the stock one!! Don't buy the 380 xtreme motor coz that one will have good performance only with 3s battery. Do as Gordonzo rightlyadviced but mostly upgrade the stock battery to a real lipo with higher c rating and you ll see a distinct improvement. What better performance are you actually looking for??
More response?
faster forward speed?
Thanks gordonzo / markkona

I like to optimize it and some diffrent then stock, just because it is possible
For now I am quit happy.
Thanks for the advice I will do the settings. And wait when the new blades arrive
Can you point me to a right lipo link?

thanks in advance
jeroenvtec is offline Find More Posts by jeroenvtec
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
Registered User
rpc4's Avatar
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Anyone ever had the tail boom snap in flight, I did and it almost totaled the mjx. Was doing a bunch of hard banks and it failed where horizontal fin is bolted on snapped clean no fly bar marks nothing clean break right at the screw holes.looks like someone cut with razor. Bent them up on crash before, dinged them with fly bar but never snapped one. Did quite a number on the MJX

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:57 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Stress riser at the screw holes. It was probably cracking a little bit each crash & flight, and finally gave out. I've crashed my F-45 a number of times, and it's even fell 50 ft straight down after getting caught in a tree, and the tail boom still looks straight. Amazingly tough heli.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:20 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroenvtec View Post
Thanks gordonzo / markkona

I like to optimize it and some diffrent then stock, just because it is possible
For now I am quit happy.
Thanks for the advice I will do the settings. And wait when the new blades arrive
Can you point me to a right lipo link?

thanks in advance
technically any 2 cell LiPo should suffice, but a good place to start is around 25-40c 1800mAh batteries. Such as these:
- Zippy Compact 25c 1800mAh: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=24611
- Zippy Flightmax 40c 1800mAh: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19512
- Turnigy Nano-Tech 25c 1800mAh: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11907
- Turnigy 40c 1800mAh: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=23528

Just note that the connectors will need to be changed to a JST Male connector to fit the F45.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:40 AM
Micro Heli mods
Tumppi T's Avatar
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Anyone ever had the tail boom snap in flight, I did and it almost totaled the mjx. Was doing a bunch of hard banks and it failed where horizontal fin is bolted on snapped clean no fly bar marks nothing clean break right at the screw holes.looks like someone cut with razor. Bent them up on crash before, dinged them with fly bar but never snapped one. Did quite a number on the MJX

Ray
How about replacing it with carbon fiber tube

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-10MM-OD...item4ab8b52c79
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:24 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
How about replacing it with carbon fiber tube

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-10MM-OD...item4ab8b52c79
Carbon fiber would definintly be better, but really not necessary. Many of us have in excess of 100 flights and never had a boom break, just maybe a bend or dent. The boom on the F45 is very tough compared to most helis.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:29 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
How about replacing it with carbon fiber tube

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-10MM-OD...item4ab8b52c79
Only downside I see to a CF boom is that once it does break, it could shatter into pieces from a hard crash landing for example. The metal boom is easier to repair if damaged. plus the cost of a new stock tail is probably cheaper than the CF anyway.

BThirsk also has a point that this is the first reported breakage of the tail, unless everyone else starts experiencing the same issue, I can't see this as a design fault.


On a lighter note, my F45 is due to arrive tomorrow however the Weather forecast isn't very pleasing.. Rain/Showers and windy until Friday.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM