Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:55 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorduza View Post
The shaft is perfectly streight and there is very very little up/down movement. I checked the collar and it took a 1/4 turn, isn't this supposed to be glued, since It is metal to metal connection (through the main shaft), right?
Any screw into metal needs blue thread lock.
I lost a blade on one of my collective pitch helis forgetting to properly loctite the retaining screw into the feathering shaft.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:51 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,483 Posts
Well from your post Gorduza it seems that this heli is quite robust can t wait to have it in my hands and flying it hehe I hope the stick input resembles a little of the V911 tx since that is the fp heli I am flying right now and quite well too!
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:40 AM
Germany, BY, Fuchsstadt
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
Jamara Lipostar Turbo 141367

Thanks Gordonzo for your advice about tx settings, I'll try next flight.
Here's some info to Lipo, which I'v already in use (T23).
Type: Jamara Lipostar Turbo 141367
1800 mAh 7,4 V 25C + 3C charge Burst 50C
weight 88 gr
size: 104 x 34 x 12 mm

bought from lipoly.de ( 15,36 € )
Also available from other sites like rakuten-shop.de etc.
A pic is attached as jpg.

My experience with this lipo, built in my T23, is more power and forward speed
and better handling in flying on windy days. It should also easily fit to F45, maybe with a little more mods in fixing, ( I'll doing it next time, at the moment there's stormy and rainy weather here, so I'm only flying indoors with F627 ) and then report about.
By the way, about prices for F45, I've bought mine from parts-for-cars24.de
(without camera module 99,80 € _ good price?? ).

I wanna ask something about T23: Sometimes, with stock or Lipostar battery,
there are suddenly happening motor interrupts, switching off motor for a few parts of a second and starting motor again, sometimes hard landings or crashes
as result. What could it be? Interference?(27MHz), Do you think it's possible to
mod T23 with 2.4 GHz Tx/RX from T640C? Have you ever watched the same or
similar problems? Hope you can give me any helpful advice.

greetings

zimmi
zimmi is offline Find More Posts by zimmi
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:49 AM
New to hobby
Czech Republic, Central Bohemia, Tınec nad Labem
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Any screw into metal needs blue thread lock.
I lost a blade on one of my collective pitch helis forgetting to properly loctite the retaining screw into the feathering shaft.
Thanks for confirming my thoughts, I will need to find some shop to buy it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Well from your post Gorduza it seems that this heli is quite robust can t wait to have it in my hands and flying it hehe I hope the stick input resembles a little of the V911 tx since that is the fp heli I am flying right now and quite well too!
To be honest, I am still amazed by its ability to survive. It survived double tumble after touching the grass, hitting the tree twigs (too dark to see them) in full power in 4m and than falling into the hedge (luckily), hitting hillside from the side 2x (too much momentum), gently hitting small tree after low pass and few more stupid mistakes. Until the big crash the heli was like new. I don't worry too much about crashing, since this heli is very tough. I spend more time flying, than worrying.

Although this is only 4ch, I feel I am still not at the heli's limits, for now the limiting factor is me.

edit: I've made test flight and the motor works fine, no strange sound at all, but I'm still having minor vibrations. It must be the balance bar. It's not perfectly straight (it's bent down a little bit on one side), any ideas on how to make it perfectly staight again?
Additionaly, I've put some rubber band on the battery to keep it still in case of hard landing. It's because I found second very deep cut on the battery's wire. I would recomend to rubber-bend the battery to all of you, "better safe than sorry"
Gorduza is offline Find More Posts by Gorduza
Last edited by Gorduza; Apr 13, 2012 at 04:52 AM. Reason: test flight summary
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:48 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,483 Posts
if you want it perfectly straight again buy a new one or remove it and try to find something perfectly straight and straighten it against it if that is indeed possible. I would try looking for some tutorial on youtube if I were you before attempting it though

or alternatively read this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1069641
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:58 AM
Germany, BY, Fuchsstadt
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
Reply to Gorduza and some pics attached

Wow, Gorduza, a crash like yours should damage whole heli, but I see, not F45. I've only a couple of flights with mine, but, and I think only fortunately, no crashes in similar situations up to now.
Here are some pics concerning Jamara Lipo I use with my T23, and next with F45 too, hope it works.

hoping of better weather .....

zimmi
zimmi is offline Find More Posts by zimmi
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:28 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,483 Posts
Only think I don't like about the looks of this heli is that red cap and the shape of the flybar weights something easily remedied in my opinion !! That t23 canopy is really cool zimmi does it fit the f45??
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Hey nice f45 zimmi looks good i just got mine today and in not sure why the skids on mine on left side look like this and the main rotor blades look pointed down a liltle and when i got mine something loose in transmitter i opened the transmitter up and found a loose screw but all seems ok in transmitter. compaired to the double horse 9104 rotor grips the f45 main rotor grips and blades seem very loose and cheaper . and yes all the screws are tight . look at the pics i uploaded today of f45 skids anyone let me know why the small plastic bumps on only the left skids and not right skids tilts bird a little is this right ?if not i can always file them down . i have the 9104 heli in pics just to show diffrence the main rotor grips sorry the pics are not too clear i used the phone cam. i dint try the bird out just got it today charging battery. i got this f45 from wayne at wayne trading at alexpress in china . here is the site url. >>>> http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html The MjX f45 looks and feels very strong just the main rotor blade grips seem flimsy. I will try to use this 1550 gens ace lipo 25c with some mod in tray ill see how long it lasts in flight I am using a flight sim on my computer so i am getting better at flying a 6 ch heli on the sim ,. Soon i will get a real 6 ch heli . I will post some video in flight of the mjx f45 soon and pics . .. i think when i get good at flying 4 ch heli i will get a 6 ch collective pitch copter x with a scale fusalage
slick77 is offline Find More Posts by slick77
Last edited by slick77; Apr 13, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:27 PM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,483 Posts
someone spoke about using shims in the main rotor blade holders earlear in this thread and got better response from the heli.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
ok ill check it out thanks markkona
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
i still dont understand what those bumps are on the left skids on the f45 just on left side it tilts heli to right i can file them down but is this a factory defect anyone know?.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
New to hobby
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
if you want it perfectly straight again buy a new one or remove it and try to find something perfectly straight and straighten it against it if that is indeed possible. I would try looking for some tutorial on youtube if I were you before attempting it though

or alternatively read this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1069641
Thanks for the link, it might help me in the future, but that isn't working for me now. I am going for the piece of straight metal and hammer with a touch of double pliers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmi View Post
Wow, Gorduza, a crash like yours should damage whole heli, but I see, not F45. I've only a couple of flights with mine, but, and I think only fortunately, no crashes in similar situations up to now.
Here are some pics concerning Jamara Lipo I use with my T23, and next with F45 too, hope it works.

hoping of better weather .....

zimmi
F45 is one tought son...itch Nevertheless, I am keen in your photos and comments on how your 1800mAh battery performs.

Quote:
Only think I don't like about the looks of this heli is that red cap and the shape of the flybar weights something easily remedied in my opinion !! That t23 canopy is really cool zimmi does it fit the f45??
The red cap is great thing, you can pres your thumb against it to stop the rotor spining. And for the red version, it is nice aesthetical touch, not so much for the green version, imo. What I would welcome on the balance bar, to have some screws to be sure the weights don't wear out.

Quote:
someone spoke about using shims in the main rotor blade holders earlear in this thread and got better response from the heli.
It is post #69 of this thread. I will definetely try that out, after I will have decrypted those dimmensions and understand the point about "tightening to turn the motor" ... is it tighten totaly (doesn't move at all) or just enough to turn the motor, but not as much as being able to move using force? (why isn't it in millimetres instead of inches? ) "The center hole is .250" with OD of .650." - what is OD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick77 View Post
i still dont understand what those bumps are on the left skids on the f45 just on left side it tilts heli to right i can file them down but is this a factory defect anyone know?.
Since it tilts the heli to the right side, you should be able to have vertical take off. On take off, my heli lifts the left skid first than the right one. Your skids should go up at the same time, am I right? Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it, and if it bothers you, just cut it off.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Thanks for you reply gorduza i used the pool foam tube on both skids it helps for softer landing till i learn how to land the heli better. i used the heli training kit as you see in my pics with foam tube it is nice and smooth on landings . This heli hovers real nice and still got it up in my kitchen 2 feet off ground nice and still hover lots of power i see in this motor . I lubed up the main blade shaft and the shaft bearings just a little with some synthetic oil tiny bit with qtip. woks nice n smooth . i will try to use this gens ace 1550 25 c lipo battery with a little tray mod with velcro and rubber band to hold it and see how long flight time is with this battery .and yes i will mod the battery plug as well i have a jst plug . I will put strobe lights and mabe heatsinks if motor needs them. My brother in law is a pro mural artist i will try to paint canopys with wild colors and prints on the f45 but for now ill leave this one as is Flight videos soon to follow outside with 808 # 16 hd keychain cam on the heli
Last edited by slick77; Apr 13, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:27 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
It is post #69 of this thread. I will definetely try that out, after I will have decrypted those dimmensions and understand the point about "tightening to turn the motor" ... is it tighten totaly (doesn't move at all) or just enough to turn the motor, but not as much as being able to move using force? (why isn't it in millimetres instead of inches? ) "The center hole is .250" with OD of .650." - what is OD?
Sorry, I still revert to inches.
.250" inside diameter (center hole) is 6.35mm.
The outside diameter of .650" is 16.51mm.
How tight is just tight enough to turn the motor with the blades. If in doubt, hold your heli on the side and firmly shake it downward. The blades should swing to the bottom. If the stay in place where you tightened them, they are too tight and will not find they centers on spool up.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; Apr 13, 2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: correction
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:14 PM
New to hobby
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Sorry, I still revert to inches.
.250" inside diameter (center hole) is 6.35mm.
The outside diameter of .650" is 16.51mm.
How tight is just tight enough to turn the motor with the blades. If in doubt, hold your heli on the side and firmly shake it downward. The blades should swing to the bottom. If the stay in place where you tightened them, they are too tight and will not find they centers on spool up.
Thank you BThirsk and please accept my apology, I didn't want to sound rude, I was desperate. (To be honest, I suck at math so I was unable to get the right numbers )

I understand now, how this should work. Only one question, is the thickness of the shim 0.12mm ? Could you post a picture of the shim, please? I am having hard time imagining it.

edit:
I have made little video review of the Voltage Buzzer and some photos. Feel free to comment. Apologise the rubbish I'm talking on the background, it is my first video, otherwise the buzzer works great, and I bought it because I don't want to overdraw my batteries.
Last edited by Gorduza; Apr 13, 2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: video added