Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:30 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
Well guys finally my 5 pairs of xt60 gold plated connectors arrived at my door but darn they are a real to pull the male out of the female again!! is this normal or will these loosen up after some usage??!! If they remain this way it will be the wire that will get off the solder not the plug!
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:04 AM
St. Louis, MO
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
People who bought from Banggood

Just a quick question from those people who bough their F45 from Banggood. Mine was supposedly shipped out May 26th. It is now past the two week mark. All the tracking page says is that it left the Flytexpress Sorting Center. No other updates or info. Did anyone else get more info from their item when tracking it, or did it just show up at your door? Was it delivered by your local postman, or by some other means.

Thanks,
zootscoot is offline Find More Posts by zootscoot
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:07 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zootscoot View Post
Just a quick question from those people who bough their F45 from Banggood. Mine was supposedly shipped out May 26th. It is now past the two week mark. All the tracking page says is that it left the Flytexpress Sorting Center. No other updates or info. Did anyone else get more info from their item when tracking it, or did it just show up at your door? Was it delivered by your local postman, or by some other means.

Thanks,
sometimes postage from Banggood takes up to 3 weeks unfortunately but the items always arrive I have over 7 orders from them and all were delivered in different time frames!! Hope you receive your F45 soon.

Happy flying
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:21 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
sometimes postage from banggood takes up to 3 weeks unfortunately but the items always arrive i have over 7 orders from them and all were delivered in different time frames!! Hope you receive your f45 soon.

Happy flying
+1 !!!

.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:57 AM
Who moved that tree?
Hot Springs Village, AR
Joined Jun 2007
27 Posts
Chinese Patience

Quote:

Thanks,
Hey Zootscoot,
My F45 was shipped the same day as yours and there's not hide nor hair to be seen yet. I've bought three v911s from Banggood (separately, including two for friends whom I'm trying to get addicted to this obsessive hobby. All three arrived by the end of the third week so I expect to see my postlady bring a large package some day next week.

I didn't have any tracking information, I just practiced that ancient Chinese art of patience and was rewarded...eventually!
Buzzard out
OldBuzzard is offline Find More Posts by OldBuzzard
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:34 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Well guys finally my 5 pairs of xt60 gold plated connectors arrived at my door but darn they are a real to pull the male out of the female again!! is this normal or will these loosen up after some usage??!! If they remain this way it will be the wire that will get off the solder not the plug!
Most XT60 connectors do pull out hard, especially when new. Put a little dielectric grease on the plastic several times and this will help loosen them up. It's the little tab in the middle that makes them tight.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:06 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Most XT60 connectors do pull out hard, especially when new. Put a little dielectric grease on the plastic several times and this will help loosen them up. It's the little tab in the middle that makes them tight.
Thanks a lot that was very helpful
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:36 AM
St. Louis, MO
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBuzzard View Post
Hey Zootscoot,
My F45 was shipped the same day as yours and there's not hide nor hair to be seen yet. I've bought three v911s from Banggood (separately, including two for friends whom I'm trying to get addicted to this obsessive hobby. All three arrived by the end of the third week so I expect to see my postlady bring a large package some day next week.

I didn't have any tracking information, I just practiced that ancient Chinese art of patience and was rewarded...eventually!
Buzzard out
OK, I will be patient, and have faith it will come in the next week or so. Thanks for the input :-)
zootscoot is offline Find More Posts by zootscoot
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:50 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts

8:30 am this morning... Zero wind...

Got her to hover pretty good, several times... still not totally zoned in, especially with the throttle. I'm learning to use that dang throttle VERY judiciously

Perhaps this evening, if the wind dies, I'll be able to run up to the high school, try her out there.

... Lennie

Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:08 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Dang! Were me, I'd contact the carrier and the seller and file a claim! That truly sucks, I'm sorry!

Mine was in it's original resale carton and placed inside another box but there was no packing within the added box. However, FedEx appeared to have handled it well - no crush points, rips or other damage to the exterior box.
My F45 came from Banggood in the original box and the outside was packaged very well. It certainly wasn't Banggood's fault how it got handled after they shipped it out. The real problem is the battery tray doesn't hold the battery real tight, so apparently a good jolt to the box made the heavy battery pop out and then pop off the canopy. MJX should put some kind of a tie-wrap on the battery to prevent it from popping out during rough handling of the box in shipment.

The rest of the heli looks fine otherwise, except for the torn out tab on the back/bottom of the canopy. markkona said the tab isn't really needed ... but I'm going to put some strong clear tap over it and cut out the slot like gordonzo suggested.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:11 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
I forgot to mention, that when I uncrated the bird yesterday, I glanced at the manual within: It's in ENGLISH! That was very cool.
Mine had the Chinese manual, but I got the English manual in PDF form from MJX's website. Lennie ... did the box say yours was the F-645 model? I think the 645 is the US version with English manual (?).

Quote:
.Haya - I hope your heli flies without problems!! Keep us updated, please.
I'll get her fired up today and do some initial hovering tests inside the house ... kind of windy here today. I've got a living room that's big enough for just hovering and mini movements to see if all the controls are working right.
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Jun 09, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:30 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Mine had the Chinese manual, but I got the English manual in PDF form from MJX's website. Lennie ... did the box say yours was the F-645 model? I think the 645 is the US version with English manual (?).

I'll get her fired up today and do some initial hovering tests inside the house ... kind of windy here today. I've got a living room that's big enough for just hovering and mini movements to see if all the controls are working right.
Yes, the box label was F645.

Good deal... let us know how it all goes.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:54 PM
Who moved that tree?
Hot Springs Village, AR
Joined Jun 2007
27 Posts
Chinese Patience is Rewarded!

Quote:
OK, I will be patient, and have faith it will come in the next week or so. Thanks for the input :-)
Zootscoot and others awaiting their F45s:
I spoke, or rather wrote, about three hours too soon. The eagle has landed...no, that makes it sound like a 9 Eagles product...the red F45 has landed in Arkieland.

It took 15 days since ordering (PayPal) and it's not injured. There is a lot of "foam trash" from the packing materials (and a bit of rough handling) so it requires a good cleaning out to get the little white foam pieces out of its innards. The battery was in place. It went through customs in Los Angeles and was flown to Little Rock before being surface mail delivered to me. All this for $81.99. Impressive!

Two things of interest: First, it is an "Item No. F45" on the box, not a "645". Second, the manual is in Chinese. So, I need to hunt this thread for the English manual pdf file.

Before long, I hope to report on whether it will bind to the FS-TH9X transmitter.
Good flying,
Buzzard out
Old Jun 09, 2012, 02:03 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBuzzard View Post
Two things of interest: First, it is an "Item No. F45" on the box, not a "645". Second, the manual is in Chinese. So, I need to hunt this thread for the English manual pdf file.
Direct link to MJX English manual for the F45.
http://www.mjxtoys.com/UploadFile/F45EN.pdf

Anyone who didn't get an English manual ... DOWNLOAD AND SAVE THIS FILE.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 03:13 PM
Who moved that tree?
Hot Springs Village, AR
Joined Jun 2007
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Direct link to MJX English manual for the F45.
http://www.mjxtoys.com/UploadFile/F45EN.pdf

Anyone who didn't get an English manual ... DOWNLOAD AND SAVE THIS FILE.
Got it...thanks. The manual is easy to read but not much fun, compared to the "Chinglish" in the FS-TH9X manual. My favorite line in the latter: "Mix purpose to accuse of form to get rid of little mistake of organism, make it is it can take the heart conveniently even more to have not to handle. The very wanton one mixes accusing of among the channel". I think that means, see that you don't channel your wantonness into your helicopter!

By the bye, did you derive your "Threadname" from one of those wicked-fast Suzukis?

Buzzard out