HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
i'm curious how the police officer even knew there was a camera at all?
+1 !!!
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
quietguy go play game or watch tv and time will past quick because when i was waiting for my first f45 it took forever from 11am to 4pm :-D every car truck mini van that passed by i was like yay it's here NOT lol

Man I have been flying the f45 with stick mode 2 and became very good with it now i have to learn mode 4 if i want to fly 6 channel? doesn't the 9x and other tx have customizable button layout? if not i will learn with stick mode 4
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:40 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
Man I have been flying the f45 with stick mode 2 and became very good with it now i have to learn mode 4 if i want to fly 6 channel? doesn't the 9x and other tx have customizable button layout? if not i will learn with stick mode 4
If you have a programmable Tx, you should be able to program it for Mode 2 on anything you fly.

Note in this post that the F-45 Tx just shows the wrong Mode.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=957
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:40 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
quietguy go play game or watch tv and time will past quick because when i was waiting for my first f45 it took forever from 11am to 4pm :-D every car truck mini van that passed by i was like yay it's here NOT lol

Man I have been flying the f45 with stick mode 2 and became very good with it now i have to learn mode 4 if i want to fly 6 channel? doesn't the 9x and other tx have customizable button layout? if not i will learn with stick mode 4
Won't take you long to learn what should correctly be called Mode 2 (4 on MJX).
I swapped from mode 1 to 2 in a day with help from a flight sim.

Mode 2 (MJX 4) is the most widely used mode internationally as it most closely resembles the control style of a real aircraft. With the right stick being the joystick in a Heli, with all 4 directions of cyclic, and the left having the rudder and throttle/collective.

You will find having the cyclic all on one stick will work better for you in the long run. Especially when stepping up to 6ch helis and beyond.
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:43 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
I think someone reported me while i was flying because i sure didn't go to the police saying hello I will be filming the nude beach with my spy camera

Here's a direct quote from the officer " This will be your final warning if you fail to follow my simple instruction you will be charge with misdemeanor and you will spend some of your vacation time in a cell, have a nice day sir " nice day to you too
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Won't take you long to learn what should correctly be called Mode 2 (4 on MJX).
I swapped from mode 1 to 2 in a day with help from a flight sim.

Mode 2 (MJX 4) is the most widely used mode internationally as it most closely resembles the control style of a real aircraft. With the right stick being the joystick in a Heli, with all 4 directions of cyclic, and the left having the rudder and throttle/collective.

You will find having the cyclic all on one stick will work better for you in the long run. Especially when stepping up to 6ch helis and beyond.
great I will learn now thanks for the advice guys

Have fun today
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:45 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
I think someone reported me while i was flying because i sure didn't go to the police saying hello I will be filming the nude beach with my spy camera

Here's a direct quote from the officer " This will be your final warning if you fail to follow my simple instruction you will be charge with misdemeanor and you will spend some of your vacation time in a cell, have a nice day sir " nice day to you too
I guess you just unscrew the camera from the Heli and keep flying. If the cop comes back, show him the camera sitting in the box!
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:50 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
I guess you just unscrew the camera from the Heli and keep flying. If the cop comes back, show him the camera sitting in the box!
I think I'd find a place away from the nude beach to fly. Cops could confiscate the heli and tear it apart looking for a camera. Don't give them any excuse to mess with you.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:44 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsonbm View Post
and other thing, if you want to upgrade your motor, go directly to Brushless, dont waste your money with the 370 xtreme, or Honey bee super motor, the diferencie will be like this:

power
Stock 5
Xtreme 7 (but must be 3 cells battery)
super motor 6 (with same battery) 7 (with 3 cells battery)

Brushless motor 10 (only needs a brushless ESC) and Y connector
I've been wondering about this myself. I don't need to replace the motor right now, but would like to have one in stock for when the need arises. I'm not necessarily worried about "more power" as the area I have to fly in isn't large enough to gain much advantage from it. I would like a motor with quicker response though.

I've read in some threads that brushless is not the best idea for tail motors because the response isn't as quick as brushed, thus the brushless motor works harder playing "catch-up" keeping the tail stable.

I realize that the dynamic is a bit different with the main rotor, considering it's larger mass. So, does the brushless motor actually result in quicker main rotor response because the added power is able to overcome the momentum and increase actual head speed faster?
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:45 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
I think someone reported me while i was flying because i sure didn't go to the police saying hello I will be filming the nude beach with my spy camera

Here's a direct quote from the officer " This will be your final warning if you fail to follow my simple instruction you will be charge with misdemeanor and you will spend some of your vacation time in a cell, have a nice day sir " nice day to you too
I found the islanders to be unfriendly, rude and unhelpful - cops included. They have a dislike for us "mainlanders", but they seem to forget tourism, us mainlanders, pay their dang bills.

Ton - simply get nekkid and go play on that nude beach, bro


.
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
ok i took off the camera and went flying outside trying to learn mode 4

3 f45 + 6 stock battery flying for 1 hour 10 min = Mode 4 training complete

thanks guys for the advice about mode 4 because it's so much better, now i don't have to worry about those bank turn in tight places. ( that's what she said)

IMO if your stock motor dies on you i would go straight to BL motor because the extreme motor i have is good but not great, it has the power but if you try using it with the stock battery you will only get around 5-6 min of flight time.
but if you have a great lipo battery then you should be fine
I think Mr Samuelson said before that the extreme motor need 3s battery to bring the most out of it, oh and don't forget get some tail because just like the main motor the tail will need replacing after awhile
I have 2 stock motors and 1 extra extreme motor as spare parts i now see i made a mistake buying all of this motors. once I use up all of them I'm going BL but i guess if the stock motor average life span is 100 flight then i have 300 flight left on my spare motor and who knows how many flight left on the motor in the heli so it might be a while I don't mind flying
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:12 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
I found the islanders to be unfriendly, rude and unhelpful - cops included. They have a dislike for us "mainlanders", but they seem to forget tourism, us mainlanders, pay their dang bills.

Ton - simply get nekkid and go play on that nude beach, bro


.
hahaha well sorry if some of my people comes off as unfriendly easy solution give them some food they we will become friendly anyways i would love do go to the beach but I'm like Gollum from lord of the ring my precious precious f45
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:57 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
ok i took off the camera and went flying outside trying to learn mode 4

3 f45 + 6 stock battery flying for 1 hour 10 min = Mode 4 training complete
Was it really Mode 4, or was it with the MJX Tx in "Mode 4", which is really Mode 2.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:22 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Got It!

Finally, got the F45 in my hot little hands!!

Got it all set up, put it on the floor and VERY gently powered her up.

Didn't really get it to hover, but off the floor a wee bit to see which way she wants to move -- to the Left.

So, tried adjusting the TX trim for ail... not much help.

Unsnapped the right servo arm and turned clockwise - a little better. May have to go one more turn, but I'm going to wait till I get a full charge and then try hovering outdoors where I have more room.

It's the Red one... I'm glad, may be easier to see for my old eyes.

... Lennie

Oh, and she came with spare main blades and a spare tail blade... woohooo


.
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
hahaha well sorry if some of my people comes off as unfriendly easy solution give them some food they we will become friendly anyways i would love do go to the beach but I'm like Gollum from lord of the ring my precious precious f45
Oops, sorry bro, I didn't realize you are Hawaiian... !
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM