Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:22 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Well we could try the N60 either geard or dd as its cheap to buy but its got more power and wouldn't run as hot and can be fitted with a heatsink and it would bolt onto the existing tail unit
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:35 AM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
hahaha wrong angle that's what she said

has anyone tried the xtreme direct drive tail on the f45?
yes I've tried it, but it's not better than the original and not easy to assemble.
the best thing you can do when stay the original is cut the housing of tailmotor and mount a heatsink on tailmotors.
Moki155 is offline Find More Posts by Moki155
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:38 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
so far i had two tail broken but it seems the tail motor is fine just the tail gear box for some odd reason it always die

I will keep buying the stock tail until someone comes up with a great tail mod
check your tail motor pinion it might be defective and destroying your plastic tail gear. Or else buy a whole tail assembly for just 13usd I am just in the process of doing that to have a spare tail motor and at same time try to mod by cutting off most of the tail motor mount to be able to install a small heat sink on it and see the results!!
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:39 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moki155 View Post
yes I've tried it, but it's not better than the original and not easy to assemble.
the best thing you can do when stay the original is cut the housing of tailmotor and mount a heatsink on tailmotors.
ok thanks for the info
i will keep buying the stock tail
like i said before both the motors is fine it's just the tail gear box that's bad that's why i ask about the direct drive because there's no gear .

thanks moki
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:41 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
check your tail motor pinion it might be defective and destroying your plastic tail gear. Or else buy a whole tail assembly for just 13usd I am just in the process of doing that to have a spare tail motor and at same time try to mod by cutting off most of the tail motor mount to be able to install a small heat sink on it and see the results!!
thanks mark
i should start looking for another pinion for it then
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:42 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
http://us.ae.alibaba.com/wishlist/wi...oduct_list.htm

Buy this it will be very unlucky if you manage to get 2 defective tail units.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:43 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moki155 View Post
Plus one on that.. that is what I am going to do. Just send me a link for the heatsink if you have found one that fits please. thanks mate
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:51 AM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Plus one on that.. that is what I am going to do. Just send me a link for the heatsink if you have found one that fits please. thanks mate
i make pictures tonight ,at the moment I'm in the office..

look at ESKY 002447 or Xtreme EA-031
Moki155 is offline Find More Posts by Moki155
Last edited by Moki155; Jun 04, 2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:52 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
http://us.ae.alibaba.com/wishlist/wi...oduct_list.htm

Buy this it will be very unlucky if you manage to get 2 defective tail units.
check the link bro

is this normal or is the pinion bad?
June 4, 2012 4:47 AM (0 min 14 sec)
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:59 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
check the link bro

is this normal or is the pinion bad?
http://youtu.be/bsz7ma1FjBc

that pinion is dead buy a new tail assembly it's not worth changing the pinion only. I guess even your plasteic gear is total loss if it was trying to mesh with that pinion hehe
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
that pinion is dead buy a new tail assembly it's not worth changing the pinion only. I guess even your plasteic gear is total loss if it was trying to mesh with that pinion hehe
haha i saw this coming
will be ordering another tail in 5 min

so far if you're planning on getting this heli you should buy an extra tail or two and keep it as spare

maybe I'm just bad luck
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:09 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
this is my tail motor pinion and gear after I don't know how many flights now!!! still looking as good as new so your's must have been defective or assembled badly or something!!

PS I am only getting an extra tail boom complete with motor and plastic parts because tail motor alone is only 2usd cheaper so not worth it. And I also plan on improving the tail boom bacause the stock plastic tail boom holder does not keep it very securely it has some play which I don't like and I will either make a straight through bolt or invent a sort of clamp which can be screwed also to the side metal plates of the heli
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:15 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
this is my tail motor pinion and gear after I don't know how many flights now!!! still looking as good as new so your's must have been defective or assembled badly or something!!
haha so shiny i like
thanks mark it's funny because i have 2 f45 right now with 2 extra tail and it seems all of it has the same pinion? did i get all the bad pinion or some of them are just like that? wow i hope the new f45 that i bought will have a better pinion

i will look for another pinion that will fit because if the tail housing and gear is fine then i can just swap out the pinion and pray it will work. maybe the blade SR tail pinion

anyone know the size of the tail pinion?
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:26 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
well it is 8teeth and maybe the shaft is near 1mm or maybe slight less in diameter but that's all I know!! I think that considering the price of the pinion which will probably be in the range of 4-7usd is it worth buying only the pinion??

this might fit but you have to take a chance!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8T-Motor-P...#ht_1399wt_952
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:27 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
well it is 8teeth and maybe the shaft is near 1mm or maybe slight less in diameter but that's all I know!! I think that considering the price of the pinion which will probably be in the range of 4-7usd is it worth buying only the pinion??
well you're right mark it won't be worth the price