HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:25 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
yep it's very quiet(guy) in here lol.

but i still check this thread everyday after and before i fly my f45, i have two now and waiting on one more on the way and it's fun flying but the summer heat is starting to kick my and I'm looking for some indoor fun.

anyways happy flying guys.

oh yeah just saw you're from tx too? yay me too and I'm sure you agree with me about the heat
Hey TonganSojah, You need THREE birds?? Wow!

Where in Texas are you, if I can ask?

I'm up near the Red River, north of Dallas 70 miles.

... Lennie

.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:27 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
How's the temp on those motors when flying in hot weather? Maybe keep the flight time down some to help not over-heat them too bad? I've got an F-45 on the way, and first thing I'm going to do is install a heat sink on the main motor to help keep it cooler.
Let me know when you get the heat sink installed, and how well it does. Perhaps that's one item I too will pickup for mine.

... Lennie

Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Hey TonganSojah, You need THREE birds?? Wow!

Where in Texas are you, if I can ask?

I'm up near the Red River, north of Dallas 70 miles.

... Lennie

I'm in Dallas just a couple miles from the American Airline Center

and yes i didn't plan on buying 3 helis but somehow it just happen
long story short i bought one and it broke tail gear died bought another one to fly while i wait for tail from china and now I want to teach my brother in law how to fly so i bought another one.

$109 with 3 days ship from California is not bad and with each heli i buy he gives me a lil discount
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:30 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
I'm in Dallas just a couple miles from the American Airline Center

and yes i didn't plan on buying 3 helis but somehow it just happen
long story short i bought one and it broke tail gear died bought another one to fly while i wait for tail from china and now I want to teach my brother in law how to fly so i bought another one.

$109 with 3 days ship from California is not bad and with each heli i buy he gives me a lil discount
Well... we're almost neighbors, cool.

Your price is pretty good, really. I just ordered mine from Amazon and it's $110 including shipping - will probably get it sometime later this week.

Perhaps we can one day get together, all go flying at the same time.

... Lennie

Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Well... we're almost neighbors, cool.

Your price is pretty good, really. I just ordered mine from Amazon and it's $110 including shipping - will probably get it sometime later this week.

Perhaps we can one day get together, all go flying at the same time.

... Lennie

Yep that would be cool if we get together some time but as soon as i get the 3rd heli on Tuesday we will travel to Hawaii for some vacation and i will surely take all 3 helis with me and take some flight over the pacific ocean while on the boat hope sharks like helis lol
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:59 PM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,648 Posts
Quote:
I think this thread has died...

We are busy flying something
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:09 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Also I think the next major step in this thread is for a brushless conversion to be fully tested and recommended. Without that, I think most the important discussion has taken place. I'm just hoping I can order my F45 soon
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:15 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Also I think the next major step in this thread is for a brushless conversion to be fully tested and recommended. Without that, I think most the important discussion has taken place. I'm just hoping I can order my F45 soon
If you like a faster acceleration and fff speed yes I would recommend the brushless conversion but the real benefit that you can fly immediately after a 10 min flight with another battery is not possible unless you convert your rear tail motor to brushless as well or invent a super cooling system for it!! My F45 is with a brushless motor right now but unfortunately last flight I did I recorded only the sky the F45 was out of the picture almost the whole time due to me fitting the camera at a wrong angle on my sunglasses. This morning I woke up to a windy day so couldn't try another flight vid
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:49 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
If you like a faster acceleration and fff speed yes I would recommend the brushless conversion but the real benefit that you can fly immediately after a 10 min flight with another battery is not possible unless you convert your rear tail motor to brushless as well or invent a super cooling system for it!! My F45 is with a brushless motor right now but unfortunately last flight I did I recorded only the sky the F45 was out of the picture almost the whole time due to me fitting the camera at a wrong angle on my sunglasses. This morning I woke up to a windy day so couldn't try another flight vid
OK so what have you done to your F45 so far and what is the parts listing for the conversion and if we convert the tail motor to BL as well then we would need a converter and the motor or tail unit to match the F45 so what would you recomend for this
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:06 AM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
hi guys,

after a few days rest again something new from me. my bl tail is now ready. i make a short flight yesterday night. not perfect but it`s fly. i make pictures tonight

I found a very interesting page...a lot of stuff about bl conversion for helis. i try the ESC firmware from this page and it works. I have not found all the correct settings in this firmware. The good news is you can also modding the new turnigy ESC.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=357151
Moki155 is offline Find More Posts by Moki155
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:08 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
OK so what have you done to your F45 so far and what is the parts listing for the conversion and if we convert the tail motor to BL as well then we would need a converter and the motor or tail unit to match the F45 so what would you recomend for this
I don't know Whizgig I only have the main motor converted to Brushless and it's very powerful compared to stock.. When you give it full throttle from the floor it does not lift but practically jumps off the floor like when Samuelson posted his vid with his stock motor connected to a 3cell battery, it's almost the same power. But for the tail I don't know what can be done to convert it to brushless as well. For the parts listing I used here are the links below;
BLmotor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11881
ESC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2168
Pinion
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140713643837#ht_1785wt_905

that is all that is needed for the conversion and maybe some XT60 connectors for the battery as the ESC will draw more than 5amps currect and the JST connectors are not good for more than that!!

It flies much better than stock with this conversion I will try to make a video soon when the wind stops again
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
hahaha wrong angle that's what she said

has anyone tried the xtreme direct drive tail on the f45?

oh and please don't order anything from topstoys.com i order some parts from them and it never showed up and when i mail them it takes days. but good i got my money back with paypal
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:24 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
the tail looks like it's going to be hard. with a better quality brushed motor, it should be able to keep up ok though
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:35 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
the tail looks like it's going to be hard. with a better quality brushed motor, it should be able to keep up ok though
the stock tail motor keeps up ok with my BL main motor but it gets hot after a good 8 minutes flight so you have to let it cool down after that. the problem is if you only have 20 minutes to fly you can only fly for 8-10mins max and pack up or buy another f45 hehe
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:01 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
the stock tail motor keeps up ok with my BL main motor but it gets hot after a good 8 minutes flight so you have to let it cool down after that. the problem is if you only have 20 minutes to fly you can only fly for 8-10mins max and pack up or buy another f45 hehe
so far i had two tail broken but it seems the tail motor is fine just the tail gear box for some odd reason it always die

I will keep buying the stock tail until someone comes up with a great tail mod