HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:46 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Too many options to decide right now I'm torn between getting a 500-550 clone or this ;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADVANCED-6...item58912c23ba
Have a look at this 500 clone. I just about bought one, but I have too many right now. http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001226099
I would ask someone about the Honey Bee CP. I have heard it is definately not a begin heli. They do make a Esky CP King that is a little larger and more beginner friendly. It is a scale as well. One thing to consider is the ESC is too small on Esky, the radio is sh*t, and the gryos are not much better. A better gyro won't work well with the stock radio system.
My flying buddy just ordered the HK550GT from Hobby King, but after you buy the kit and all the components, you have way more money than the 500 above.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:32 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,630 Posts
Well to tell you the truth I would even be happy with a 250 size 3d heli but the prices I am seeing even the clones are not much different from 450-550class helis.
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:37 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Well to tell you the truth I would even be happy with a 250 size 3d heli but the prices I am seeing even the clones are not much different from 450-550class helis.
The larger Heli would be better for a starter cp, the smaller you get the more sensitive the controls get. Compare a v911 or solo pro to the f45 for example
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:40 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Well actualy it's done realy well I paid for mine useing my visa card direct debit from my account to (not the seller but directly to Ali Express) and they hold the money until you recive the item and you are satisfied with it. The seller also has to send your item withing 4 days of the transaction or the deal is cancelled and your money is returned to you in full. Also the seller has 25 days after sending the item to you to get it to your door otherwize they are in breach of the contract and are delt with buy AlliExpress also when you recive the item you have to check it over then if you are happy with it you then put in a confermation of receving it and then you give them feedback and they give you feedback and then 3 days after confemation of you reciving the item they then pay the seller. Also the feedback gives you points for discounts from Aliexpress.
So it's even alot better than EBay IMO.

Also before you buy from anyone check the feedback tab to see what the sellers feedback rating is for an example
Win Lin's Page
So jus be aware who you are buying from and what their rating is.
There are several 'suppliers' listed on Aliexpress... and prices vary greatly. I checked the Win Lin page and the pricing was great, but the shipping wasn't.

I'm ready to buy... so did send them a note asking about other shipping options.

Great info here, thank you.

... Lennie
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:51 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
These are the 2 ready to fly units I have on the way.
The Walkera is just a 450 size version of my little Walkera. Finally in stock and shipped.
The other clone is just a cheap 450 I won't be afraid of breaking. It's as cheap as the MJX.
http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-v40...7-rtf-24g.html
http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001226921
And yes, as the post above states, larger is easier and more stable to fly. My 120 requires constant correction and attention or it goes down.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jun 01, 2012, 12:02 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
There are several 'suppliers' listed on Aliexpress... and prices vary greatly. I checked the Win Lin page and the pricing was great, but the shipping wasn't.
I'd setup a PayPal account and buy it from Banggood. Best price and in stock ... ships out within 24 hrs of placing the order. I can't buy from Aliexpess due to my state laws on escrow accounts ... so I take my business to Banggood who have been good to deal with in my experiences with them.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:07 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I'd setup a PayPal account and buy it from Banggood. Best price and in stock ... ships out within 24 hrs of placing the order. I can't buy from Aliexpess due to my state laws on escrow accounts ... so I take my business to Banggood who have been good to deal with in my experiences with them.
What state are you in, if I can ask?

... Lennie

Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:38 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
FINALLY... Order placed!

Finally... after all the yacking, I placed my order for the MJX F45!

Now, like everyone else, the waiting begins!

A special thanks to everyone who gave me input, offered advice and suggestions, and patiently answered all my dumb noob questions!!

Happy landings,

... Lennie

Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:58 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
What state are you in, if I can ask?

... Lennie .
WA ... can't buy anything at Aliexperss due to WA's escrow laws or some nonsense. That's OK ... Bangggood has been good so far.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
WA ... can't buy anything at Aliexperss due to WA's escrow laws or some nonsense. That's OK ... Bangggood has been good so far.
I love the Pacific northwest - I lived in Kennewick as a teen - lived and worked on a dairy farm there. I'm certain it's all changed - grown up, filled in and got crowded, like everywhere.

I don't know the basis for WA's law governing such things - it's international commerce is all...

Anyway... I ordered my bird through Amazon.com - they provide some serious consumer protections and I've had very good luck with them over the years.

Now... the wait is on

... Lennie

Old Jun 02, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Mar 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
-comment removed-
wavy is offline Find More Posts by wavy
Last edited by wavy; Jun 02, 2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: redacting comments about distributor
Old Jun 02, 2012, 10:00 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
I think this thread has died...

Last edited by .quietguy; Jun 03, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
I think this thread has died...

yep it's very quiet(guy) in here lol.

but i still check this thread everyday after and before i fly my f45, i have two now and waiting on one more on the way and it's fun flying but the summer heat is starting to kick my and I'm looking for some indoor fun.

anyways happy flying guys.

oh yeah just saw you're from tx too? yay me too and I'm sure you agree with me about the heat
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:17 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
but i still check this thread everyday after and before i fly my f45, i have two now and waiting on one more on the way and it's fun flying but the summer heat is starting to kick my and I'm looking for some indoor fun.
How's the temp on those motors when flying in hot weather? Maybe keep the flight time down some to help not over-heat them too bad? I've got an F-45 on the way, and first thing I'm going to do is install a heat sink on the main motor to help keep it cooler.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
How's the temp on those motors when flying in hot weather? Maybe keep the flight time down some to help not over-heat them too bad? I've got an F-45 on the way, and first thing I'm going to do is install a heat sink on the main motor to help keep it cooler.
well both of my helis have the Esky honey bee super motor on it and it's not drawing too much heat even with the hot texas weather. I try and limit my flying time to 7 min or less just because i like to go really high and take videos so that way i don't have to worry about losing power 150 ft up

but i will get my 3rd f45 in two days and i will fly it during my lunch break and let's see how the stock motor handle the heat...
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah