SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2012, 12:16 PM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidung View Post
do you have a link on which pinion you used?

cheers

Here you go...don't be fooled by the pic and shipping took just 5 days from Germany to Malta.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140713643837#ht_1785wt_905
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Aug 2010
94 Posts
[QUOTE=.quietguy;21742373]Hey there, Sam... good to "see" you're still with us!

I'm waiting for credit on my returned DH9116, then I will be ordering my MJX F45.

Hope to read more of your interesting posts!

... Lennie

Nice option, DH 9116 is not as good as MXJ F45

I suggest you to get at least 3 Lipo bateries for your MJX F45, between 1500 and 1800 mAh

The MJX F45 is not a good camera I belive there are better quality mini cameras

such as this one http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

is not as small as the MJX F45 camera, but the video resolution its really better its 1080 x720 against 640 x 480 of the MJX F45 camera, the weight of this camera is not a problem for the MJX F45.

bye
samuelsonbm is online now Find More Posts by samuelsonbm
Old May 29, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
521 Posts
BRhirsk a question: What esc are you using? I just found something on Hobbyking's site about their Hobbyking 18-30 amp esc. Your dropout problem is not unique. It seems there is a problem with the esc. The five volt regulator used requires a minimum of 7 volts and at that point will drop the
power. I just found out that part is on backorder and is holding up my complete order.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old May 29, 2012, 04:07 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
BRhirsk a question: What esc are you using? I just found something on Hobbyking's site about their Hobbyking 18-30 amp esc. Your dropout problem is not unique. It seems there is a problem with the esc. The five volt regulator used requires a minimum of 7 volts and at that point will drop the
power. I just found out that part is on backorder and is holding up my complete order.
This is the one I used. PRODUCT ID: HK-SS20A-HW Hobbyking SS Series 18-20A ESC (card programmable)
I thought I had used the turnigy, but I put that in my HK250.
I just ordered a 25A turnigy. I'll try that one. It appears these cheap hobby kings are sh*t. I have one in my firefox and have been having issues with it as well. It just does not use up the battery as quick.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; May 29, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old May 29, 2012, 04:47 PM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
We will each try our respective mount and see what happens. I am just curious to see if there is any advantage to extending the tail boom.
Logic says that with a greater moment arm that the motor should not be under quite the load. Experimentation is the word. We will compare notes and see. I am waiting for an outrunner and and inrunner motor so I can try them both. He He shall we try a CP head next?
Jack up the skids and run a HK 250 kit?
Guys I posted a Youtube link some time back in here about someone who did a rear tail conversion he put a walkera tail boom complete with motor and all I think it was a V400 something and I was sure the tail boom was longer than the stock F45 one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVjwyKSwnRE
Old May 29, 2012, 05:10 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Guys I posted a Youtube link some time back in here about someone who did a rear tail conversion he put a walkera tail boom complete with motor and all I think it was a V400 something and I was sure the tail boom was longer than the stock F45 one!!
It was a V400D02, same unit I have had on order for 2 months.
I'm sure it is longer as this is a 400 class heli, actually the same size as a 450 trex.
The parts for Walkera are not cheap though.
Old May 29, 2012, 05:19 PM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
It was a V400D02, same unit I have had on order for 2 months.
I'm sure it is longer as this is a 400 class heli, actually the same size as a 450 trex.
The parts for Walkera are not cheap though.
I only mentioned it for comparison. If you have the tail motor already for the DD conversion you might try using another longer tailboom from another heli that could be cheaper and work just as well. I am only trying to give a helping hand from my limited experience I only been into rc helis for the last 2 years so not that much sorry
Old May 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
I only mentioned it for comparison. If you have the tail motor already for the DD conversion you might try using another longer tailboom from another heli that could be cheaper and work just as well. I am only trying to give a helping hand from my limited experience I only been into rc helis for the last 2 years so not that much sorry
Well then, You're the old guy. I only started flying in January 2012.
I go at it pretty hard and am stubborn as hell, so if I crash, I just get another heli and fly again. That's why I am not to familiar with some of the electronics.
ps I wasn't mad, just making a statement.
Last edited by BThirsk; May 29, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old May 29, 2012, 06:52 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Well then, You're the old guy. I only started flying in January 2012.
I go at it pretty hard and am stubborn as hell, so if I crash, I just get another heli and fly again. That's why I am not to familiar with some of the electronics.
Say, is that special place still there in Ponoka and do you live there? Just kidding - or am I?

I started flying Feb-2011, so about 16 months. I guess I'm an old guy, too!

On a serious note, I tried a motor from a 11.1v HBFP V2 and it seemed to draw too much power, leaving the tail motor 'idling'. I thought all 370 motors were pretty much the same and could be used in a 2s or 3s heli.

Shows you how much electronics knowledge I have.
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old May 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Say, is that special place still there in Ponoka and do you live there? Just kidding - or am I?
I'm getting ready for it after taking up this hobby.
I started flying Feb-2011, so about 16 months. I guess I'm an old guy, too!

On a serious note, I tried a motor from a 11.1v HBFP V2 and it seemed to draw too much power, leaving the tail motor 'idling'. I thought all 370 motors were pretty much the same and could be used in a 2s or 3s heli.

Shows you how much electronics knowledge I have.
The electronics would be great if we just had enough information.
I would not recommend anyone use the hobbyking SS series ESC. I have seen many posts regarding the cut-off issue and many reasons why it occurs.
Last edited by BThirsk; May 29, 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old May 30, 2012, 05:37 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,726 Posts
Ok so today I flew my F45 with Bl main motor for the first time outside and first impressions are good I might even say outstanding ie It was going so fast I nearly lost control of it 3 or 4 times in a 5-6minute flight but I feel that the tail is struggling a little bit so I think that it will either have to make way for a DD tail motor conversion in future or convert back to brushed main motor again!! I want to keep flying this heli and enjoy flying it not having to chase it with my control sticks all the time..it gets so much fff speed that if you release the forward stick the heli's canopy faces directly at the sky before stabilizing in a hover!! Maybe with stiffer blades I will see a slight difference in control but I have my doubts for the time being!!
Last edited by markkona; May 30, 2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old May 30, 2012, 06:11 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Ok so today I flew my F45 with Bl main motor for the first time outside and first impressions are good I might even say outstanding ie It was going so fast I nearly lost control of it 3 or 4 times in a 5-6minute flight but I feel that the tail is struggling a little bit so I think that it will either have to make way for a DD tail motor conversion in future or convert back to brushed main motor again!! I want to keep flying this heli and enjoy flying it not having to chase it with my control sticks all the time..it gets so much fff speed that if you release the forward stick the heli's canopy faces directly at the sky before stabilizing in a hover!! Maybe with stiffer blades I will see a slight difference in control but I have my doubts for the time being!!
Are you using the stock blades?
If so, they have about 12 to 13 degrees pitch. The extreme plastic blades I have are 10 degrees which will increase head speed and reduce lift at a given stick position.
I had similar issues in my experimenting. I just got mine back together with a turnigy speed controller and will test again when the sun comes up. I also have some wood blades I may try again (8 degree).
Old May 30, 2012, 06:25 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Are you using the stock blades?
If so, they have about 12 to 13 degrees pitch. The extreme plastic blades I have are 10 degrees which will increase head speed and reduce lift at a given stick position.
I had similar issues in my experimenting. I just got mine back together with a turnigy speed controller and will test again when the sun comes up. I also have some wood blades I may try again (8 degree).
Hehewhen the sun comes up that brought a smile I forgot you re on the other side of the globe for a moment it's 12.23 here the sun is on the way down coming your way I'll see if I can find a good bargain on a pair of xtreme blades like the ones samuelson posted a while back and try them out. I am still waiting for those blasted xt60 connectors for my new batteries I am fed up fiddling with china connectors
Old May 30, 2012, 08:23 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Anybody know if there is a US company supplying parts for the F45? Crashed into a chain link fence yesterday at almost full speed. Only damage is a dented tail boom and a broken stabilizer fin! Amazingly durable little machine.
Still flies great.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old May 30, 2012, 08:28 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,726 Posts
what do you think of this canopy???