to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 04:47 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
Yes but I am talking about sleeving the 9116 boom inside and extending the length of the f45 boom. The motor I have is a direct drive also. Just what is the difference to the Honey Bee motor I do not know.
Here is the link. http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3037
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old May 28, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
437 Posts
Ok I looked at the link. Not knowing the specifics of the motor all I can say is the motor I have looks similar. It is from eflight. The mount is for the 6 mm
boom as I said before. Otherwise the mount looks similar.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old May 28, 2012, 05:31 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Ok I looked at the link. Not knowing the specifics of the motor all I can say is the motor I have looks similar. It is from eflight. The mount is for the 6 mm
boom as I said before. Otherwise the mount looks similar.
There will be nothing wrong with the Efliight motor. It is an N60 and has enough power for the blade SR, so it should handle this fine. It was actually my first choice but I thought the Honey Bee would be a better fit for this tail boom. I need quick and easy due to time shortage.
Old May 28, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
437 Posts
We will each try our respective mount and see what happens. I am just curious to see if there is any advantage to extending the tail boom.
Logic says that with a greater moment arm that the motor should not be under quite the load. Experimentation is the word. We will compare notes and see. I am waiting for an outrunner and and inrunner motor so I can try them both. He He shall we try a CP head next?
Jack up the skids and run a HK 250 kit?
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old May 28, 2012, 06:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
I haven't seen any recent posts here from 'samuelsonbm' lately...

Reading through this whole thread, I really enjoyed his postings, pics and videos. I have learned a lot from his input.

And I've picked up so much from everyone's posts.

... Lennie

.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old May 28, 2012, 06:57 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
We will each try our respective mount and see what happens. I am just curious to see if there is any advantage to extending the tail boom.
Logic says that with a greater moment arm that the motor should not be under quite the load. Experimentation is the word. We will compare notes and see. I am waiting for an outrunner and and inrunner motor so I can try them both. He He shall we try a CP head next?
No thanks. I already have 4 CP helis and 2 more on the way. This ones for easy flying.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:11 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Wendouree
Joined Apr 2012
724 Posts
Quote:
Why would you waste your effort converting the F45 to a CP? It would ultimately be cheaper to buy a complete 250kit and keep the F45 FP for those days you just want a relaxing cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
I haven't seen any recent posts here from 'samuelsonbm' lately...

Reading through this whole thread, I really enjoyed his postings, pics and videos. I have learned a lot from his input.

And I've picked up so much from everyone's posts.

... Lennie
I believe Sam moved on to the CP world, I recall him posting
He was unsubscribing from this thread to focus on greater ambitions.
There are still plenty of great knowledgable people here
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old May 28, 2012, 07:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
I believe Sam moved on to the CP world, I recall him posting
He was unsubscribing from this thread to focus on greater ambitions.
There are still plenty of great knowledgable people here

I see... I must have missed that post. Sorry to see him leave this thread but yes, he was a fast moving individual for sure.

... Lennie

Old May 29, 2012, 06:44 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Which programmer. If you mean the turnigy ESC, I have it. It programs the same as your TX.
With the smaller motor, the tail will hold, but it is overworking. I ordered the extreme Honey Bee DD tail kit. I should have in a week or so and will try it.
I never measured the 9116 boom cause I just assumed it was shorter.
Hi Bthirsk I finally found some time today to do the brushless mod for the main motor and I flew it in a badly lit garage/store at work(Outside windy again in the morning it was calm and I did another good flight before work with the stock motor prolly last one hehe) so the video is not that good will upload it later on. I didn't have to change/program anything on the turnigy 18amp esc I got from hobbyking and the F45 flew without a problem on take off yes the rear motor starts spinning a little earlier but does not affect take off in any way I assure you!! What I noticed is that the heli has a lot more power now need to get some lesser degree and stiffer blades now for it
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old May 29, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Aug 2010
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
I see... I must have missed that post. Sorry to see him leave this thread but yes, he was a fast moving individual for sure.

... Lennie

Hey guys, do not miss me, Im still here, I couldnt fly my MJX F45 for a while, because I kill another brushed motor, so Im waiting to my brushless motor, to keep flying my MJX F45 Im tired of killing brushed motors.

hehe

once my brushless kit were here, I will post again my conversion, that looks to be, Im going to need wooden blades, (I already have).

Thx

samuelsonbm is offline Find More Posts by samuelsonbm
Old May 29, 2012, 10:14 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Hi Bthirsk I finally found some time today to do the brushless mod for the main motor and I flew it in a badly lit garage/store at work(Outside windy again in the morning it was calm and I did another good flight before work with the stock motor prolly last one hehe) so the video is not that good will upload it later on. I didn't have to change/program anything on the turnigy 18amp esc I got from hobbyking and the F45 flew without a problem on take off yes the rear motor starts spinning a little earlier but does not affect take off in any way I assure you!! What I noticed is that the heli has a lot more power now need to get some lesser degree and stiffer blades now for it
How long did you fly and did the power change. What was your battery voltage when you were finished.
The tail rotor only creates a problem when you are out in the wind. When you need to reduce power due to wind created transitional lift, if you reduce too much, which you will have to do with stock blades, the heli spins.
With the new, smaller motor and 10 degree blades, it was not an issue. With stock blades the reduced throttle position would probably be an issue. With the higher power motor I tried first, that was one on my issues as well as the tail would not hold under full power.
ps
I got my servo and did the elevator mod this morning and flew in about 15km breeze. It does make an improvement. I just wish we could get the servo arm separately to fit. Out of 6 different sizes of servos, not one arm would fit these.
Last edited by BThirsk; May 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:22 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,308 Posts
some pics of my newly installed BL outrunner and ESC. Can't wait to try it outside hopefully tomorrow morning. I didn't feel like the tail motor was fighting to keep up with the main but time will tell . . . .
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old May 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
some pics of my newly installed BL outrunner and ESC. Can't wait to try it outside hopefully tomorrow morning. I didn't feel like the tail motor was fighting to keep up with the main but time will tell . . . .
do you have a link on which pinion you used?

cheers
hidung is offline Find More Posts by hidung
Old May 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsonbm View Post
Hey guys, do not miss me, Im still here, I couldnt fly my MJX F45 for a while, because I kill another brushed motor, so Im waiting to my brushless motor, to keep flying my MJX F45 Im tired of killing brushed motors.

hehe

once my brushless kit were here, I will post again my conversion, that looks to be, Im going to need wooden blades, (I already have).

Thx

Hey there, Sam... good to "see" you're still with us!

I'm waiting for credit on my returned DH9116, then I will be ordering my MJX F45.

Hope to read more of your interesting posts!

... Lennie