SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:42 PM
Wait, what?
United States, VA, Hanover
Joined Feb 2013
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Mine has 4Gb - you should be fine. Even though there are two different models of the 4002, have had no trouble with either.
Excellent. Thanks Oz!
Clipdin is offline Find More Posts by Clipdin
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Hey Tig

I painted a lot of rc airplanes over a 22 year span without an air brush with great results. Automotive masking tape and brown paper to mask off areas, and good primer and paint in spray cans. On nitro powered planes used to use red devil brand polyurethane as it was fuel proof, and very shiny and durable. On non fuel heli's even local krylon from walmart would work well. I'm sure you have some equivelent paint over there. With patience a very nice grafic can be acheived. Go for it, maybe a nice lightning bolt down the side. Make a paper template so you can get both sides the same.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
cheap kitchen timer

I don't have a battery monitor but I do have a cheap timer on a cloths pin attached to my tx antena, I know how long I can safely fly on a charge, so I just land when the alarm goes off with time to spare. $1. timer from dollar tree, good insurance.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:40 PM
Wait, what?
Joined Feb 2013
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
I don't have a battery monitor but I do have a cheap timer on a cloths pin attached to my tx antena, I know how long I can safely fly on a charge, so I just land when the alarm goes off with time to spare. $1. timer from dollar tree, good insurance.
Ha! good one Tracker!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Guys, can anybody tell me if these skids are stronger than the stock ones? They certainly look good and are only a dollar more than the stock ones on BG.

i use to have the 450 skids on my mjx645 and went back to the stock plastic part of the skids with the holes drilled out for the 450 metal part of the skids!longer base same height the stock plastic part are a little narrower but the same height and they fit the frame i broke to sets of the 450 for they dont fit in the frame of the heli with out work thats why i use it this way and no problems with them at all!! and i have to honeybee cp2 and cp3 canopy and like them alot little bigger with a see through winshield but they are more brittle but larger battery fits much better
timg734 is offline Find More Posts by timg734
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:17 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdin View Post
Let's play "what's wrong with this picture".

Was having so much fun flying today I lost track of time (and I still haven't installed my battery monitor). She fell like a dead duck from about 70 feet when the battery died.

BTW: Anybody know of a good video on how to replace the main shaft on these birds??
Take the screw out of the bottom of the main gear.
Disconnect the dog bones from swashplate.
Pull the main shaft straight up leaving swashplate in place.
Remove the screw on the rotor head and pull off and make sure the loops are not cracked..
Remove collar from main shaft.
Reverse to put back together.

Takes about 5 minutes.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:57 PM
Wait, what?
Joined Feb 2013
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Take the screw out of the bottom of the main gear.
Disconnect the dog bones from swashplate.
Pull the main shaft straight up leaving swashplate in place.
Remove the screw on the rotor head and pull off and make sure the loops are not cracked..
Remove collar from main shaft.
Reverse to put back together.

Takes about 5 minutes.
Awesome!! Thanks!!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:05 AM
www.solarenergyglow.com
Joined Feb 2013
578 Posts
Quote:

Was having so much fun flying today I lost track of time (and I still haven't installed my battery monitor). She fell like a dead duck from about 70 feet when the battery died.

BTW: Anybody know of a good video on how to replace the main shaft on these birds??
If you cannot find a main hollow shaft get a hammer and slowly apply ah small hammer force on a flat surface until it backs to normal, slowly roll the shaft on a flat glass or back of a mirror for flatness.
jan michael is offline Find More Posts by jan michael
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:28 AM
Wait, what?
Joined Feb 2013
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan michael View Post
If you cannot find a main hollow shaft get a hammer and slowly apply ah small hammer force on a flat surface until it backs to normal, slowly roll the shaft on a flat glass or back of a mirror for flatness.
Thanks jan.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:55 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,774 Posts
Quote:

'Ow d'ya do that then??

Can't say I've heard of too many of us doing that to the main shaft, but at least you didn't have to look too far for the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
I painted a lot of rc airplanes over a 22 year span without an air brush with great results. Automotive masking tape and brown paper to mask off areas, and good primer and paint in spray cans. On nitro powered planes used to use red devil brand polyurethane as it was fuel proof, and very shiny and durable. On non fuel heli's even local krylon from walmart would work well. I'm sure you have some equivelent paint over there. With patience a very nice grafic can be acheived. Go for it, maybe a nice lightning bolt down the side. Make a paper template so you can get both sides the same.
Cheers Tom, I just might give that a go mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg734 View Post
i use to have the 450 skids on my mjx645 and went back to the stock plastic part of the skids with the holes drilled out for the 450 metal part of the skids!longer base same height the stock plastic part are a little narrower but the same height and they fit the frame i broke to sets of the 450 for they dont fit in the frame of the heli with out work thats why i use it this way and no problems with them at all!! and i have to honeybee cp2 and cp3 canopy and like them alot little bigger with a see through winshield but they are more brittle but larger battery fits much better
Thanks Tim, but since it's the plastic part that keeps breaking on me I don't think that solution will help me much.

I got the info from Werner that the DH 9104 skids work well if you drill the holes in the chassis out a little and use a larger screw. Think I'll give that a go, as they're supposed to be a bit more robust.

Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:18 AM
Nunquam redono !
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Mar 2008
112 Posts
F45 mods

Ok so ive done some mods to the F45.Do they work? well who knows anyway first thing did was change the servo,s to high performance metal geared tower pro MG90S items off amazon 3.95 or $6 each delivered and have a faster working speed.
rotorwrecker is offline Find More Posts by rotorwrecker
Last edited by rotorwrecker; Mar 11, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:38 AM
Nunquam redono !
Joined Mar 2008
112 Posts
Dh 9117

I cannot find the thread for this so will put it here incase some of you have both.Mods on my DH9117.The cyclic mod was a rush job to see if it would work and it now flys as well as the f45 but with a little less power.Also had a bit of signal dropout now and again but fixed that.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:42 AM
Nunquam redono !
Joined Mar 2008
112 Posts
Dh 9117

One more pic of the stub antenna soldered on the board that actually has a place for one and the wl v913 uses the same receiver and they put one on why DH don,t baffles me anyway it cured signal dropout.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:47 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrecker View Post
... anyway first thing did was change the servo,s to high performance metal geared tower pro items off amazon 3.95 or $6 each delivered and have a faster working speed.
Ahem, do you speak from the Tower Pro MG995 ?
Then read this :
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/mg995review.shtml

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:29 PM
Nunquam redono !
Joined Mar 2008
112 Posts
No they are not the same ones i used tower pro MG90S and seem to do the job very well.