SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:55 PM
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
That I am, Bob. But all my 'F45's these days are modded to the extent that I guess Arrowshooters thread is the proper place for me. As was pointed out!
Still lurk here, though - and leave you to take over the electronics Q & A .
All the best
John
By golly that wasnt from my lips/tips... guess i will go over and find you if yur gone too long (if you lot were to move back over here I wont tell)
Cheers
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:05 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,733 Posts
binding procedure for Turnigy 18A ESC with 3rd generation PCB

Hi guys

here's a video showing the correct binding procedure for the Turnigy 18A ESC with the 3rd generation PCB. Next up will be the ESC programming video once it has finished uploading to youtube. Hope this helps some of you.

Kudos go to zdawg and Mr.X11 for supplying the information required to make these tutorials

Enjoy
Fin

Just noticed. where I say "aileron or rudder" at around 3 minutes, it should be "aileron or elevator"

Mjx F645 3rd Gen PCB BL mod - correct binding procedure (3 min 44 sec)
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tiggertoo1962; Feb 25, 2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:04 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,733 Posts
programming the Turnigy 18A ESC with 3rd generation PCB

... and here's the video for programming the ESC.

Most of you who watch this will of course notice that at 3:20 or so, you disconnect the power lead to the ESC... NOT the PCB. Me and my monday morning brain cells .

MJX F645 3rd Gen PCB BL mod - programming the ESC (3 min 39 sec)

I'll put these videos on my blog now so they're easier to find.

Happy flying guys, I'm just waiting for the snow to stop so I can finally try my modded BB II in the fresh air...

Fin
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tiggertoo1962; Feb 25, 2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:31 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hi guys

here's a video showing the correct binding procedure for the Turnigy 18A ESC with the 3rd generation PCB. Next up will be the ESC programming video once it has finished uploading to youtube. Hope this helps some of you.

Kudos go to zdawg and Mr.X11 for supplying the information required to make these tutorials

Enjoy
Fin
The method you used, binding first, and then powering the ESC, was also the only way I ever got the version 1 F45 to work properly. I did not have the motor ever start as you did, but mine would always go into programming mode.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:51 AM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Quote:
Thank you so very much for posting this. Folks like me need step-by-step instruction! Hopefully my replacement ESC will arrive today!
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:17 AM
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
That I am, Bob. But all my 'F45's these days are modded to the extent that I guess Arrowshooters thread is the proper place for me. As was pointed out!
Still lurk here, though - and leave you to take over the electronics Q & A .
All the best
John
Yanno John, I been considering all this... and frankly it bothers me... if ONE PIECE of your copter is still stock '45, isnt it STILL a '45?
Perhaps I will be asked to leave after i got a BL motor and a few other goodies installed huh
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Quote:
Yanno John, I been considering all this... and frankly it bothers me... if ONE PIECE of your copter is still stock '45, isnt it STILL a '45?
Perhaps I will be asked to leave after i got a BL motor and a few other goodies installed huh
Was this really an issue here? Looks to me like every single "long-timer" member has done some type of mods to the F45.

If that is common practice I'd better pack up. My F45 won't even be recognizable when I'm finished...
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:05 AM
Germany, NDS, Hanover
Joined Feb 2013
16 Posts
New User...

Hallo everybody,
this is my firs Post in this fantastic Board.

Last Year in September i saw 2 Boys(20y), "flying" a RC Helicopter.
They start, the Helicopter goes up and crashed directly beside my Car in the Street. I though the Helicopter was totally damaged, but they picked him up and started directly the next 10 sec Flight. I asked them what type the Heli is, next Day i ordered a F45 on Amazon.
Really nice Toy
Then i found this Threat and i read really many Posts. So i want to say Thank´s to all the Pioneers here.
BTW i have also done some Mods. The Mainmotor died after maybe 20 Battery Cycles, the Loop also break often.

The best Mod was the new Nanotech LIPO. Much more Power and more Flighttime. The Paperclipmod is also a very good Idea. The BL conversion gives more Motor Lifetime but not much more Power as i thougth.

I made some Fotos an put them on FLICKR

Happy Landings from old Germany,
Thomas
telemaxx is offline Find More Posts by telemaxx
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:10 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
The method you used, binding first, and then powering the ESC, was also the only way I ever got the version 1 F45 to work properly. I did not have the motor ever start as you did, but mine would always go into programming mode.
I had exactly the same problem on version 1.
Yanno, it sure would be nice if a sticky could be added to this thread w/ all the brushless upgrade info. Does the original thread author have to do that?
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:15 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
I don't think anyone was ever asked to leave and I'm sure no one would think that. As I remember, Arrowshooter decided to start a separate thread for extreme mods. I personally agree with that decision as some of the topics are really not that revelant to this MJX forum. I spend as much time there as I do here because I am interested in extreme mods and my F45 is not much F45 anymore. We're all still family, just with 2 rooms to go to.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:18 AM
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Quote:
I don't think anyone was ever asked to leave and I'm sure no one would think that. As I remember, Arrowshooter decided to start a separate thread for extreme mods. I personally agree with that decision as some of the topics are really not that revelant to this MJX forum. I spend as much time there as I do here because I am interested in extreme mods and my F45 is not much F45 anymore. We're all still family, just with 2 rooms to go to.
Thanks for clarifying that Brent. I was just curious.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:53 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
F45 PCB and Battery

Hi guys not sure if this question has been posted before.
My question is can the F45 PCB handle a 11.1v battery ? The reason I ask I purchase a Turnigy L2508A motor from HK it runs with a 7.4v battery but have heard some people are using 11.1v battery just with this motor not so much with the same Heli.

I know most are using the EH200 motor on the HK site it does not state what battery can be used with it.

The other reason I bought this motor is so that I would not have to change from the 7.4 battery I now have for the F45 and still be able to have lots of power if needed.
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Last edited by SmokeNGun; Feb 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Needed to add to post
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:58 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post

Most of you who watch this will of course notice that at 3:20 or so, you disconnect the power lead to the ESC... NOT the PCB. Me and my monday morning brain cells .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2TkY...ature=youtu.be

I'll put these videos on my blog now so they're easier to find.

Happy flying guys, I'm just waiting for the snow to stop so I can finally try my modded BB II in the fresh air...

Fin
Could you have done the same thing with using a programming card ?
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:54 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNGun View Post
Hi guys not sure if this question has been posted before.
My question is can the F45 PCB handle a 11.1v battery ? The reason I ask I purchase a Turnigy L2508A motor from HK it runs with a 7.4v battery but have heard some people are using 11.1v battery just with this motor not so much with the same Heli.

I know most are using the EH200 motor on the HK site it does not state what battery can be used with it.

The other reason I bought this motor is so that I would not have to change from the 7.4 battery I now have for the F45 and still be able to have lots of power if needed.
NO, as far as I know.
The only way to run the pcb is with 7.4 volts.
I use 11.1 to run the motor only ESC and a small, 500mah to run the pcb, servos and tail motor.
It you had a ESC with 7 volt output, you could split the power wire from the servo plug to power the PCB, but you would probably run into problems when binding the PCB. ESCs like to see the throttle when the initialize and often won't do that properly if the TX is not bound. Again, all ESCs are different.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:50 PM
Manfred
Germany, NRW, Cologne
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts

Hi BThirsk,

is it possible to get an ESC which is able to power with 3s and gave out 7,2 and 11,2V ?
If it is possible it will be a good solution for going to 3s.

Regards
Manfred
Mr.X11 is offline Find More Posts by Mr.X11