SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:06 PM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Good luck with monday usps delivery... monday is dead presidents day, a federal holiday
Yea wot John said... I personally quit flying if the temp is below 20f (-6c) because of gyro issues in the cold
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:25 PM
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
410 Posts
Hey Guys! What about a DDVP (direct drive variable pitch) upgrade for the F45? I have built one for a 450 and planning on one for my ole' warhorse dh9104. Oh, not to mention the BL main. For the F45 (and 9104), the BL tail should not have to spin as fast as I have it on the 450 (1800kv). I have 1500 I am going to try on the 9104 and then maybe run it at 2S. Hmmm. May end all the tail motor problems?
Ken59 is offline Find More Posts by Ken59
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:28 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Vet View Post
The big thing that drove my order overseas was the lack of RC or anyone local having the landing assembly / skids in stock - all backordered. I've busted them a few times. Currently I'm flying w/ bamboo skewers and superglued undercarriage. I found a place on Amazon that ships the "most needed" pieces - ordered Friday and will be here Mon / Tues....but they don't have the landing skids.

Fun to learn. Fun to try. Fun to panic.

My V911 will be here early next week too...so I hope to use that to better understand direction, control....etc.
Align 450 or clone skids will fit with very little work. You only need to drill new holes to screw them on and they fit perfect. Local hobby shops that sell align will have them.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:30 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
524 Posts
Quote:
Also a near exact symptom of your dogbone guides gone west? - just a thought. Probably the first thing you checked, too .
PS - Or even a missing feathering shaft, got caught that way myself a few days ago.
I am such a doofus! Remember this?

Well, The slots in this pic were too narrow, and the dog bones would bind. I opened them up entirely too much, which allows for significant swash/ flybar slop. Alone, that is not an issue, but add gyroscopic procession to the mix, and inputs will be off by however many degrees the slop allows the swash to lag. I can NOT believe I missed this. I know better than that!

Plus, it was cold as heck here today. That was why the F45 spun like a top on full-power throttle ups. Thanks for the reminder Bob!
kpinnc is online now Find More Posts by kpinnc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:31 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
stock motor bushing

Hi fellas, I don't have the problem any longer as main is now bl, but my first stock motor wore out the bushing too. Seems to be a common problem on the stock motor mount. I think they have the gear mesh way to tight on these things to the point where they almost click when you rotate them by hand. Before going to bl after first motor died, I took my dremel and elongated the holes in the mount so I could adjust the mesh. When I put the last brushed motor on the mesh was much frier and ran much smoother. Those having this issue may want to do the same.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
My Redbird did exactly that, 'click when hand-spun' Tracker... a needle file sorted it nicely. In temps of 20-30f, i allow the copter to go to the surrounding temp before I even power up. (i didnt always before) Now the only tailspins i do are purposeful... still trying to get 'er to do a funnel, I think the copter's characteristics wont permit funneling.
Grumpy the v911 is a perfect mini-copter, although you will find its a wee bit squirrely indoors (well in my 'indoors' LOL)
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:48 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Do you have any information on programming the ESC. Mine is the skyartec delux from hobby king with 25amp skyartec controller.
It does some jingles, then about 5 or 6 beeps, then another jingle, and another several beeps.
I have no idea what they mean and don't like using something like this blindly. And the jingles are a pain in the butt.
You can program it with a programing card and turn off the music and the rest of the beeps is the ESC setting and testing itself so nothing to bother with.
Yep mine are the 182 3G3X 5 channel with flaps witch I think is the same as yours and I run Turnigy 2200mAh batteries as they fit nice and snug in the box and they give well over 30min of fly time.

The forum for it is here.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:37 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
My Redbird did exactly that, 'click when hand-spun' Tracker... a needle file sorted it nicely. In temps of 20-30f, i allow the copter to go to the surrounding temp before I even power up. (i didnt always before) Now the only tailspins i do are purposeful... still trying to get 'er to do a funnel, I think the copter's characteristics wont permit funneling.
Grumpy the v911 is a perfect mini-copter, although you will find its a wee bit squirrely indoors (well in my 'indoors' LOL)
I've been able to do some funnels with my modded F45. I admit, it's not easy and I can't do them on demand but I have done both tail in and nose in funnels with it. If I recall correctly I had to build up some speed then start a turn and convert the turn into a funnel. I could get around 2-4 times reasonably well.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:19 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Might be of interest -
Tail brushes after 43 x 6min flights.
Interesting that the wear is uneven: upper brush is at 40% or so left: lower at about 10%. Done an autopsy on the last 5, so can report about par for the course (though they do vary quite a bit). Pretty well all failed (or would have failed) at around 50 - 60 flights.
Not too bad for a $5 motor, but obviously a BL is the solution. No trouble to get something BL that flies 'ok', but - sadly - still trying to get that elusive something that actually works better (or at least as well as) the brushed motor.
A work in progress!
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:55 AM
Joined Aug 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
Yes you are right, at this time i use a Logictec LTG2100 in my F645 and it also works, but the GA250 with OlliW Software seems to do it a little better. I´ll have to order a new GA250, as mine is used in my 450 Heli now
OlliW has a very interesting Homepage with much info about the GA250 and other RC stuff. Just take a look at the BLHELI-programmer it is also a very fine tool for reprogramming Silabs ESC. http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8
I use a Turnigy plush 6a with BLHELI-software for the tail. I flashed it with olli´s programmer.
Is it possible to use GA250 with original FW ? I'm waiting for FTDI adapter to be able flash new firmware into my GA250. I tried to use it as stock, but probably i had wrong configured gyro so it not worked well.
Pulec is offline Find More Posts by Pulec
Last edited by Pulec; Feb 18, 2013 at 04:48 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:02 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Might be of interest -
Tail brushes after 43 x 6min flights.
Interesting that the wear is uneven: upper brush is at 40% or so left: lower at about 10%. Done an autopsy on the last 5, so can report about par for the course (though they do vary quite a bit). Pretty well all failed (or would have failed) at around 50 - 60 flights.
Same for me :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5252
At the beginning of 2013, I created an Excel spreadsheet where I track all my flights, and in case of the F45, I will change the tail motor every 50 flights from now on.

My badest crash ever with the F45 was because of a tail motor :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3882

Have nice flights and smooth landings !

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:08 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
HobbyKing DC-4S and 9, 8, 10 and 13 teeth pinions arrived. The DC-4S is... cutely tiny, really a pocket charger. The pinions fit great to the EH200s shaft but I dont know which to use. I heard some are using 9T, some 10T, some even 13T so I bought one from every. Which one would you recommend?
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
16 Posts
I used 11t pinion but heli had too much power. Now using 10t and it is ideal, I think.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:54 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Oh yeaaah, I just destroyed the 10t pinion, destroyed the twist for the screw... I just screwed it up! Nevermind I still have a 8,9 and 13t pinion Anyway, i have some problems... look at the pic

If I want to fix the pinion in reverse, I cant fix it because the motors shaft isnt enough long! Between, this is the way how I destroyed the t10 pinion
When I want to fix the "gear wheel" (you know, that big black plastic, oh gosh...) reverse to the rotor shaft, It can be done but the gear wheel will be very low (Im not sure if it wont touch the construction!) and barely reach the end of the pinion...
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
16 Posts
It is possible to install pinion in reverse. I did it on two F45. Is needed to cut off small plastic stump just around hole for motor shaft.