Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:52 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Man View Post
Well,
I am now the proud owner of a Blade mcpx, just won it on ebay.

Fin I will bring this and my F-45 when I come up.
Ya can try it out.
Frank
Hope YOUR insurance covers MY cock-ups bud ... never had a 6 channel TX in my hands, and I still remember how confused I got going from 3 to 4 channel
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:28 PM
www.solarenergyglow.com
Joined Feb 2013
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hey Jan, welcome to the forum.

How does the heli handle the desert conditions? I would imagine you could just blow any sand out of the works as there isn't going to be much moisture but what do 45°+ temperatures do to the motors , even with heat sinks on?

Cheers
Fin
@tiggertoo1962
Just got my Brushless motor and other stuff last sunday just finish upgrading. my stock motor did not last that long the bushing of the stock motor was badly damage that makes the motor shaft wobble. stock motor get easily hot but now im happy cause my Eh200 brushless motor is almost warm and 25Amp Hobby King ECS is same as normal temp.same goes to the stock battery before after 8min of flight it's hot.

Now WORRY FREE.
jan michael is offline Find More Posts by jan michael
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:39 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
Hey Jan, welkies to the best forum about the BEST 300+ copter.
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:42 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
665 Posts
Well Fin, I crashed my friends cp, and well, 3 euros to fix. Insurance wont cover this amount of damage, lol, I have to fly mine in, and set it up so I can fly the damn thing, If I can do it ,so can you.

Jan, my motor bushings went out after 4hrs of flight also, (no sand condition)
Removed the motor and put a bearing in it, what a difference, runs like new.
a b/l conversion for me is right now out of the question, Have to gas up for my trip to Tigger lol,

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:34 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Vet View Post
Thanks everyone for all the input on my tail bounce. Not much gets by me....I'm a pretty observant fellow. The last time I flew - the tail bounce was really bad. So...I decided to take the heli apart to see what I could deduce.

Take a long hard look and see if you can spot my problem.

The good news is that a replacement will be here Tuesday. I think I understand the need to mod this piece a little better now.
I had mine break off but didn't know it, I was still able to fly and did not notice any different in the heli. I just happen to be looking over the heli when I realize it was broken.. Maybe I was just lucky that it keep fly okay.
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:06 PM
Still learning to fly
Germany, SH, Lubeck
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Hinnerk
You are the master on the GA250. How does it handle cold weather.
I used the HK401B as I had several hanging around and they do no like the cold. After about 4 minutes, they normalize to the cold temperature and put the heli into full spin.
The GA250 didnīt care about cold weather, my GA250 with the olliw-software works fine, even in frosty weather.
Hinnerk is offline Find More Posts by Hinnerk
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:32 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
439 Posts
Just flew my F45, and it flew like crap. 75% throttle to hover and almost NO cyclic control.

Thinking my main motor is going south, or my light kit has the CG buggered up, or both.

Tomorrow is another day...
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:58 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Help !!

Hi ,
I 'm a beginer with only experience in flying V911 and don't understand much about the mechanics of the helicopters. This week a received my F45 and had 5 or 6 flyes with it and for me it's fantastic only minor crashes beautifull fly and hovering.A read a lot of things in this thread that make me decide to buy the F45.
Today by the end of my last fly the helicopter beguin spinnig the tail , what can be this,please I need help.
Thanks
sicilianoneto is offline Find More Posts by sicilianoneto
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:13 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicilianoneto View Post
Hi ,
I 'm a beginer with only experience in flying V911 and don't understand much about the mechanics of the helicopters. This week a received my F45 and had 5 or 6 flyes with it and for me it's fantastic only minor crashes beautifull fly and hovering.A read a lot of things in this thread that make me decide to buy the F45.
Today by the end of my last fly the helicopter beguin spinnig the tail , what can be this,please I need help.
Thanks
Hi. More than likely you damaged the tail gear/motor motor. Was one of your crashes tail down? Check to see how free the tail rotor spins.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc View Post
From one grumpy old vet to another- Welcome to the addiction!

If you're in the US, you'll get much faster service from RCRoanoke than BangGood, and fair pricing as well. I get my parts in about 3 business days...
The big thing that drove my order overseas was the lack of RC or anyone local having the landing assembly / skids in stock - all backordered. I've busted them a few times. Currently I'm flying w/ bamboo skewers and superglued undercarriage. I found a place on Amazon that ships the "most needed" pieces - ordered Friday and will be here Mon / Tues....but they don't have the landing skids.

Fun to learn. Fun to try. Fun to panic.

My V911 will be here early next week too...so I hope to use that to better understand direction, control....etc.
Grumpy Vet is offline Find More Posts by Grumpy Vet
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:57 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I have 2 of those they are fantastic to fly from slow to fast and they are very stable and perfect for a beginner or an expert.
Do you have any information on programming the ESC. Mine is the skyartec delux from hobby king with 25amp skyartec controller.
It does some jingles, then about 5 or 6 beeps, then another jingle, and another several beeps.
I have no idea what they mean and don't like using something like this blindly. And the jingles are a pain in the butt.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:01 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc View Post
Just flew my F45, and it flew like crap. 75% throttle to hover and almost NO cyclic control.

Thinking my main motor is going south, or my light kit has the CG buggered up, or both.

Tomorrow is another day...
Also a near exact symptom of your dogbone guides gone west? - just a thought. Probably the first thing you checked, too .
PS - Or even a missing feathering shaft, got caught that way myself a few days ago.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:33 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Hi. More than likely you damaged the tail gear/motor motor. Was one of your crashes tail down? Check to see how free the tail rotor spins.
Thanks Arrowshooter,I'll take a look as soon as the battery is charged,but it looked that the tail rotor was spinning free, the Helicopter took of normally and then began spinning inthe air.
sicilianoneto is offline Find More Posts by sicilianoneto
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:43 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Hi ,
Thanks
Hey Sicilian, welkies to the best forum. To test the tail motor, unplug the main motor, power up the rx/tx and bind it... HOLDING the bird give it some throttle (1/4 is enough) and then 'wag' the bird's tail. Proper operation is 'the tail motor speeds up when swinging the tail clockwise, and slows when swinging it anti-clockwise'. Else, the motor or gearbox or wiring or rx pcb... one has failed. Dont despair, a complete tail assy is around 13 USD
cheers
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:44 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Arrowshooter,I'll take a look as soon as the battery is charged,but it looked that the tail rotor was spinning free, the Helicopter took of normally and then began spinning inthe air.
Unfortunately, could also be a gyro problem if the tail rotor seems to spin up normally. Try starting (slow!) hand held, and swing the heli clock/anticlock. Tail should spin up (or down) to try to cancel swing. Should at least help to narrow things down.
Good luck!
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member