Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:30 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
The BK converter plugs into the main PCB where the tail motor connects.
You pull out the tail plug and remove the tail motor then you get the BL tail motor and mount fit it and then it plugs into the BL converter and then that plugs into the tail plug on the PCB.
Okay I will have to give this a try. I ask this same question a few page's back and was told that the FET on the board for the tail may not work well. But if your using it and have no problems with it i will give it a try in fact I was going to try it anyway just to see what would happen the worth thing that could happen is I burn out another board LOL would not be first and I'm its not going to be the last.
I'll try all this out on the bench before putting into the heli. Man its a lot of time and work putting stuff into the heli and then fining out it will not work LOL I'm learning to test all my electronic out on the bench first..
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:43 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
Hello to all,
this is what i did the last three days:
I removed the PCB from the F645 and placed my Flysky reciever, then i placed a GA250, wich has got a wonderfull new Firmware ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=1493174&pp=50 ) then i configured the gyro and went out to fly... and it works! The gyro is very stable in heading-hold-modus, in rate-mode it drifts clockwise, but as the heading-hold-modus is really fine, you donīt really need the rate-mode. The only thing i have to do for now is to trim the pirostops, as the heli sometimes bounces on hard stops.
The heli could be moved very sensitive now with the TH9x, it is such a pleasure now to do exact turns in small places, i could not do this with the original transmitter.
A big compliment to OlliW, who did the job on the GA250 firmware and to all the others, who made the ER9 Firmware for the TH9x and other TX -> they did a great job!

With your FlySky RX/TX are you using a brush to brushless converter with both your esc to the RX ?
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:16 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,441 Posts
oh geeze. Why'd you go and post this? That GA250 setup looks really interesting.
Is the rx just a plain RX? The gyro is only used for the tail?
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:17 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
[QUOTE=SmokeNGun;24158381]This week another stock tail motor and gear started binding up so I decide to replace it with one of the honey bee DD brush motor, after installing it and then taken the heli for a spend the dam thing just spins in circle it was working just fine before I change out the tail motor./QUOTE]

Make sure you have the motor turning in the right direction.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:19 AM
Joined Dec 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc View Post
Got my light kit today. I left the landing lights out so far, but the white strobes, navigation, and red flashers are all in place. I caught the red light at the tip of the tail "mid-flash", so it's not so bright in the pic. Thinking of using the landing lights (not installed in the pic) pointing up to the bottom of the main rotor with some reflective paint on the blades.

The problem is, they use the spare servo plug for power. I'll need to figure out how to tie these in with the ESC plug when the EH200 arrives... The search light plug will power these, but at only at about 1/3 intensity.
yea the servo plug has 5 volts... the 'headlight plug' has 3.3 volts. if you are good with soldering i can walk you through the place to solder to, its not difficult
heyyy i didnt think of that, the reflective tape under the tips of the main rotor... that sounds real interesting... do post the results mate
cheers Fin (btw i am a wee bit envious... them lights look real nice)
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:29 AM
Joined Dec 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNGun View Post
With your FlySky RX/TX are you using a brush to brushless converter with both your esc to the RX ?
DAYUM Smoke, that sure looks sweet... sounds like it flies even sweeter... i find i fly at the edge of what the stock tx can do already... wish-list here i come
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:10 AM
Still learning to fly
Germany, SH, Lubeck
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNGun View Post
No, you donīt need a converter if you use a standart TX/RX with the GA250.
Just connect the tail ESC the same as you would connect the tail servo.
Hinnerk is offline Find More Posts by Hinnerk
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:39 AM
Joined Oct 2010
209 Posts
Quote:
No, you donīt need a converter if you use a standart TX/RX with the GA250.
Just connect the tail ESC the same as you would connect the tail servo.
In that case you could use almost every heading lock gyro on it, right? I had this idea but havent tryed yet.
piito is offline Find More Posts by piito
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:53 AM
Still learning to fly
Germany, SH, Lubeck
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Yes you are right, at this time i use a Logictec LTG2100 in my F645 and it also works, but the GA250 with OlliW Software seems to do it a little better. Iīll have to order a new GA250, as mine is used in my 450 Heli now
OlliW has a very interesting Homepage with much info about the GA250 and other RC stuff. Just take a look at the BLHELI-programmer it is also a very fine tool for reprogramming Silabs ESC. http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8
I use a Turnigy plush 6a with BLHELI-software for the tail. I flashed it with olliīs programmer.
Hinnerk is offline Find More Posts by Hinnerk
Last edited by Hinnerk; Feb 17, 2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:01 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Yes you are right, at this time i use a Logictec LTG2100 in my F645 and it also works, but the GA250 with OlliW Software seems to do it a little better. Iīll have to order a new GA250, as mine is used in my 450 Heli now
OlliW has a very interesting Homepage with much info about the GA250 and other RC stuff. Just take a look at the BLHELI-programmer it is also a very fine tool for reprogramming Silabs ESC. http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8
I use a Turnigy plush 6a with BLHELI-software for the tail. I flashed it with olliīs programmer.
Hinnerk
You are the master on the GA250. How does it handle cold weather.
I used the HK401B as I had several hanging around and they do no like the cold. After about 4 minutes, they normalize to the cold temperature and put the heli into full spin.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:56 AM
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the input on my tail bounce. Not much gets by me....I'm a pretty observant fellow. The last time I flew - the tail bounce was really bad. So...I decided to take the heli apart to see what I could deduce.

Take a long hard look and see if you can spot my problem.

The good news is that a replacement will be here Tuesday. I think I understand the need to mod this piece a little better now.
Grumpy Vet is offline Find More Posts by Grumpy Vet
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:58 AM
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
I'm just really shocked the thing flew like that....I didn't crash the last time out - so it must have been from a previous crash.
Grumpy Vet is offline Find More Posts by Grumpy Vet
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:34 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Vet View Post
Thanks everyone for all the input on my tail bounce. Not much gets by me....I'm a pretty observant fellow. The last time I flew - the tail bounce was really bad. So...I decided to take the heli apart to see what I could deduce.

Take a long hard look and see if you can spot my problem.

The good news is that a replacement will be here Tuesday. I think I understand the need to mod this piece a little better now.
Hmmmmm, now lemme think. Does the dogbone have a slight bend in it?... or is the rotor head cap somewhat less than round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Vet View Post
I'm just really shocked the thing flew like that....I didn't crash the last time out - so it must have been from a previous crash.
I've heard from others that it can just break in mid flight without crashing due to the stress from the straight dogbones. Think that's what happened to me when I made an uncontrolled dive into a neighbour's tree about a month ago
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:36 AM
www.solarenergyglow.com
Joined Feb 2013
577 Posts
Hello, everybody im new here i got my MJX F45 last january and i love it..

jan michael is online now Find More Posts by jan michael
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:38 AM
www.solarenergyglow.com
Joined Feb 2013
577 Posts
There are my basic mods.

Stock MAIN motor Heat-sink and TAIL motor Heat-sink

jan michael is online now Find More Posts by jan michael