HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:37 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
523 Posts
Thank you Bob. Knowing such things happen to others makes me feel like I'm not alone.... LOL

If you want my stock charger, you're welcome to it. I bought a balance charger for my 1800mAh Lipo. My stock charger has less than 5 cycles on it.

You cover shipping, and it's yours. PM me if you want it.
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:33 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Valkenswaard
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
For the brussles tail, If bob can change the amount of channels we have on the rx/tx, we have a diferent road to look at.
I,m wondering of a tailservo is at some point a option.
dakie is offline Find More Posts by dakie
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:24 AM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakie View Post
For the brussles tail, If bob can change the amount of channels we have on the rx/tx, we have a diferent road to look at.
I,m wondering of a tailservo is at some point a option.
with my current 'luck' i am scared i will fry the thing LOL
however the chat about 'why cant i take a esc just like the aliexpress BL kit and do BL tail motor has serious merit. as i understand it, the aliexpress kit gets the 'drive info' from the main motor plug. (correct me if i am in error) therefore a similar setup should do the same as the brushed tail, because the actual tail's drive circuit is quite similar to the main motor's.

one of you that has a BL main motor... could you rig up a lift measuring setup? I am interested in the actual gain in lift before i pony up for a BL. stock lift (with only the most basic mods and a nano-tech 2 AH battery) was measured at 145 grams as i recall. i would like the lift results from both the HK motor as well as the aliexpress one, if possible
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:32 AM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
so windy here today... finally the winds calmed down so i went out to test the camera... was all i could do to get Greenbird back. soon as she lifted off a rather strong gust took her a couple hundred yards away in MICROSECONDS. ff was useless, i ended up 'tacking' into the wind. stock batteries are USELESS if you have to stand on the throttle for 3.5 min. fortunately Greenbird (and i) survived, although i must have aged over 3 yrs in 3.5 min LOL
the camera failed 100%... i am in a battle with rc toys village, they claim i got it 45 days ago (a lie, i sent the usps tracking info) so lets see how much fun that will be.
Oh Fin, i redone the control surfaces on my home-brew foamie plane using cardboard box material. that should sort the issues (hopes the tail isnt too heavy now).
got the foamie f45 canopy put back together, it took a hit from the FB (NOT NICE GREENBIRD) and shattered like an eggshell LOL
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:43 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
with my current 'luck' i am scared i will fry the thing LOL
however the chat about 'why cant i take a esc just like the aliexpress BL kit and do BL tail motor has serious merit. as i understand it, the aliexpress kit gets the 'drive info' from the main motor plug. (correct me if i am in error) therefore a similar setup should do the same as the brushed tail, because the actual tail's drive circuit is quite similar to the main motor's.

one of you that has a BL main motor... could you rig up a lift measuring setup? I am interested in the actual gain in lift before i pony up for a BL. stock lift (with only the most basic mods and a nano-tech 2 AH battery) was measured at 145 grams as i recall. i would like the lift results from both the HK motor as well as the aliexpress one, if possible
Hi Bob,

Yes you can do the BL kit as I have from AliExpress and then with the tail motor can be converted as well.
all you need is a Brushed to BL converter and the tail motor etc and plug the converter into the rudder output on the existing board.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:32 AM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Looking good.

I'd love to see it fly - video??? Where did you get those paddles?

Since I have a Devo10 when I get rich again I really want to try a Walkera CP. Not anytime soon though... Right now I'm neck deep in quads. As always I love reading your posts - you're amazingly knowledgeable and helpful.

when you installed the paddles did you unthread the weights on the end or cut the ends off? have you flown it and if so did it change the way it flew? they look really good
timg734 is offline Find More Posts by timg734
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:08 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
DH9104 Canopy

Looks pretty cool.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:05 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Big Bird hits the headlines

Rough translation of the article below from the "Schwabacher Tagblatt" on Thursday...

Crash landing in garden

Model helicopter crashed - to whom does it belong?

Schwabach - on Friday afternoon a helicopter crashed in a garden in Wasserstrasse. Fortunately not a real one, but a model.
Inside the helicopter was a camera which could observe and record everything.
The owner possibly lost control of the model, resulting in it crash landing in the garden. The electrically-driven helicopter is classed as an extremely valuable model.
The reliable finder brought the model to the police station, since no-one contacted him to claim it. The owner has also not contacted the police yet.
It can be picked up in the lost-and-found office in the town hall.

LOL!

Been in the paper a few times with the wife and kids after playing local gigs and stuff, but I think I'll see if I can keep my name out of this one
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:21 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
My jst pigtails arrived today, but before I solder the deans on to make a new adaptor cable for my B6 I just thought I'd check. The original cable which got fried when I tried to save the battery which went AWOL with Big Bird was about 50% thicker than the pigtails on the jst (no idea about guages and stuff). The B6 gives out max 5A but I charge my batteries at 1.5A, so I reckon that shouldn't be a problem. What I'm wondering is, should I at some point want to charge heavier batteries on it at 5A, do you reckon the new cables would handle the current, or would I really need to make a heavier lead?

My mini banana plugs arrived today too , but since I'm still waiting on the motor & ESC I don't have anything to solder them to

Cheers
Fin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:01 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
In 2 electro shops it was told me, that regular mini bananas wont handle the EH200s load. Hmm... looking at those thin wires coming out from the motor... But what, I will just solder them to the ESC
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:21 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
I used these on my MJX F45 between the ESC and the EH200 motor. I'm running a 3S Battery to the ESC.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24424

Never had a problem.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:49 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I used these on my MJX F45 between the ESC and the EH200 motor. I'm running a 3S Battery to the ESC.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24424

Never had a problem.
Those will handle mor current than you will ever draw.
As well, is has been stated on the JST web site that their connectors are only made to handle 5 amps. That may be so, but in real life, many are pulling 4 times that power from them with not problem. I think they like to over engineer things and cover their butt.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:55 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Those will handle mor current than you will ever draw.
As well, is has been stated on the JST web site that their connectors are only made to handle 5 amps. That may be so, but in real life, many are pulling 4 times that power from them with not problem. I think they like to over engineer things and cover their butt.
sure makes sense to second-guess possible sources of litigation
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:24 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Rough translation of the article below from the "Schwabacher Tagblatt" on Thursday...

Crash landing in garden

Model helicopter crashed - to whom does it belong?

Schwabach - on Friday afternoon a helicopter crashed in a garden in Wasserstrasse. Fortunately not a real one, but a model.
Inside the helicopter was a camera which could observe and record everything.
The owner possibly lost control of the model, resulting in it crash landing in the garden. The electrically-driven helicopter is classed as an extremely valuable model.
The reliable finder brought the model to the police station, since no-one contacted him to claim it. The owner has also not contacted the police yet.
It can be picked up in the lost-and-found office in the town hall.

LOL!

Been in the paper a few times with the wife and kids after playing local gigs and stuff, but I think I'll see if I can keep my name out of this one
LOL that article is priceless! It said the F45 was "extremely" valuable too? Makes it sound like its a precious stone or something. lol
Its great you got it back!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:44 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
523 Posts
Quote:
In 2 electro shops it was told me, that regular mini bananas wont handle the EH200s load.
There are so many variables to consider like conductor, material, etc. My rule of thumb is simpler: The smallest (figurative) conductor will be the "fuse" point in the circuit. So long as you keep everything heavier than the main wires and connectors that come from the battery to PCB, you SHOULD be OK.

Anyone who wants to correct me feel free. This is just an assumption...
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc