SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 25, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
506 Posts
Something no one had even addressed, programming the esc.
I have a programmer on order plus a set of esc. While I do not know how to use the programmer yet it is a common subject on the multirotor threads. I intend to find out how to use it and tune the esc before I even try to use it on the f45. My guess is that some of the adjustments can alter the power settings so that the tail motor and the brushless motor will be more it sync.
Maybe just maybe some of the problems can be worked out with proper adjustments to the esc. Lets get some talk on this going
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
I have a programmer on order plus a set of esc. While I do not know how to use the programmer yet it is a common subject on the multirotor threads. I intend to find out how to use it and tune the esc before I even try to use it on the f45. My guess is that some of the adjustments can alter the power settings so that the tail motor and the brushless motor will be more it sync.
Maybe just maybe some of the problems can be worked out with proper adjustments to the esc. Lets get some talk on this going
You are right freezywilly but I only read the instructions that came with the ESC so far and just tried it connected to the extra throttle channel to see if everything works. I know there are 3 settings like supersoft start, soft start and medium if I' m not mistaken or somewhere along those lines and I also read that the default setting (can't remember which was that) is optimum for rc aeroplanes not helis so definitely I will have to change this setting to the best one for helis once I install the BL motor on my F45. I only pray that the xt60 2 pin connectors and 2.3mm pinion I ordered from ebay arrive simultaneously so I can try this BL and see if there's an improvement in power as well!!
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old May 25, 2012, 04:40 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Not knowing what ESC you ordered, it's hard to answer.
I have the Turnigy and Hobbywing ESCs. They both have the same functions to program.
Brake Off
start mode Super soft
timing Set depending on you motor, probably middle
governor off
cut-off type Soft
cut-off voltage Low (because everyone flys to the max and the controller has no timer)
battery type Lipo
Music I leave this off

If you don't get a program manual, they are on the ESC pages on hobbyking under files in PDF format.

The mixing would usually be done in the controller. In this case, I think it is in the gyro. I'm just guessing on that.

I may have just had some problems of my own making by using a way to powerfull motor.
I guess I'm not used to this brushless main and brushed tail. All my helis with brushless are either belt or torsion tail drive.
I'll get smarter if my pocket book can take it.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; May 25, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old May 25, 2012, 04:47 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
If you search mjx f45 on YouTube there's a clip of a guy explaining how the tx works in detail but you won't understand a bl@@dy word but you'll get the gist from his movements on the sticks and when he switches modes with those toggle switches at the sides!!
Thank you again, markkona!

I'll take your suggestion and run a search for that video.

Even though I don't yet have the F45, like many others, I'm doing my homework towards the day I'll have one.

... Lennie
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old May 25, 2012, 04:51 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Thank you again, markkona!

I'll take your suggestion and run a search for that video.

Even though I don't yet have the F45, like many others, I'm doing my homework towards the day I'll have one.

... Lennie
If you find the video, please post up the link. I'm waiting for my F45 to arrive and trying to learn as much as possible before the 1st flight happens.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old May 25, 2012, 04:58 PM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
If you find the video, please post up the link. I'm waiting for my F45 to arrive and trying to learn as much as possible before the 1st flight happens.
here it is...try to understand him if you can I failed

MJX HELI F-45 F645 F-645 (7 min 49 sec)
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old May 25, 2012, 05:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
thank you markkona!!

I just spent 10 minutes trying to find that...

... Lennie

I too cannot understand the language he's speaking... but still interesting.
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old May 25, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
506 Posts
I am only quoting what another has said. The idea of a brushless tail motor is a problem just waiting to happen. A brushless motor does not respond like a brushed motor. It has greater lag and will not speed up or slow down at a rate that would be needed for tail control. I have ordered at least 3 types of esc and while they are called programmable just what that really mean is yet to be determined. I am going to search out a manual for the programmer and see what I find. The controller on the board plays an important role in the adjustment of the esc likewise a fully programmable transmitter is a key player. Just what we can and cannot do remains to be seen. I am hoping the a throttle curve can adjust the esc so it either starts slower to allow for the brushed tailmotor or governs the power at the lower and higher ranges of the esc. We will see.
Old May 25, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Jan 2012
506 Posts
Some basic info on esc: http://www.rcheliwiki.com/ESC
Now you know what the music function is. As well as whether the esc is really set up properly
Old May 25, 2012, 05:30 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
I am only quoting what another has said. The idea of a brushless tail motor is a problem just waiting to happen. A brushless motor does not respond like a brushed motor. It has greater lag and will not speed up or slow down at a rate that would be needed for tail control. I have ordered at least 3 types of esc and while they are called programmable just what that really mean is yet to be determined. I am going to search out a manual for the programmer and see what I find. The controller on the board plays an important role in the adjustment of the esc likewise a fully programmable transmitter is a key player. Just what we can and cannot do remains to be seen. I am hoping the a throttle curve can adjust the esc so it either starts slower to allow for the brushed tailmotor or governs the power at the lower and higher ranges of the esc. We will see.
We'll find out if and when I get a replacement Flysky tx. The first one was DOA. My first defective item in over 100 orders.
My first priorety with it is to program and bind to the MJX and my 9116.
As far as the brushless tail, I have not idea. Check on the Walkera V400D02 thread. RTF has a package to convert both the main and tail motor. I have only browser that thread because my V400D02 has been on backorder since the 10th of April. I should get it by Christmas.
Old May 25, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
506 Posts
I admit I have been lazy, I have both the Flysky and the 9x transmitters.
Binding them has been a lower priority. The one thing that has me wondering is the MJX transmitter required moving from idle to full throttle and back before the binding is completed. I assume that the transmitter has something that is unique to it. The Flysky and 9x may not work until they are reprogrammed with new firmware. This has been at the back of my mind for a while and I have not tried to settle the question.
Old May 25, 2012, 06:32 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
I admit I have been lazy, I have both the Flysky and the 9x transmitters.
Binding them has been a lower priority. The one thing that has me wondering is the MJX transmitter required moving from idle to full throttle and back before the binding is completed. I assume that the transmitter has something that is unique to it. The Flysky and 9x may not work until they are reprogrammed with new firmware. This has been at the back of my mind for a while and I have not tried to settle the question.
Again, I'm not sure, but I think the stick moving on the Tx is just what institutes the binding process. You can sit for a minute before moving the stick and it will still bind. The 9053 double horse was like that if I remember. I gave mine away months ago so I can't remember.
Old May 25, 2012, 06:39 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
It would be nice if we could get confirmation of a 9X binding. The stock F 45 transmitter is garbage. Not even close in quality to the rest of the heli.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old May 25, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, IA, Clear Lake
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
Hayabusa ---
I found that in mode 2 on my F645, Throttle and alie were in the left hand. In mode 4, I have throttle and rudder (yaw) in the left and cyclic in the right hand.
HMike
Hemlock Mike is offline Find More Posts by Hemlock Mike
Old May 25, 2012, 09:54 PM
United States, IA, Clear Lake
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moki155 View Post
when the tail is right..the left pin of camera plug switch to 3,3V when you push the camera buttom .
Thanks for the info. I will try to verify this. I didn't
know if the xmtr toggled this or if it was a pulse command.
So the pin out is "sig, -, +"?
HMike
Hemlock Mike is offline Find More Posts by Hemlock Mike
Last edited by Hemlock Mike; May 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Question