SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:15 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
431 Posts
Gadgit the Airwolf is looking great. Pretty cool for a first attempt. I can't wait for a video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hmmmphhh!!! Youtube in Germany won't let me watch videos with music from EMI on them
Sorry about that. Try this one without music.
WorldWide MJX F45 Hughes 300 4 Channel R/C Helicopter No Music (3 min 24 sec)

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:46 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
So I was searching for a switch and then found a small night lamp. It has a switch like those on PC PSU's. I was like "OH MY GOD! LOL! WOOT!" but then when I disassembled it...

3A...
Oh darn, if I weren't sick like hell, I would jump over to the nearby city, they got a great little electro-shop with everything you can imagine
3amps @ 250volts. Other than being unnecessarily heavy I doubt you'll have any problems with burnouts.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:04 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
So you say I can use that switch? I tryed it with the ESC and it was working well, but who knows, after longer flights...
Anyway, I'm progressing with the mods. Finally found screws that fit into EH200 (from a chinese "nazi style" knife :-o), made an adjustable battery mount (rubber band!) and some small mods in the construction.

Someone mentioned removing those plastic "things" near screws... oh... nevermind, look at the pic and you will know what I mean:

They are pretty annoying but is it safe to remove those things?
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:07 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
or 7x6x5x4x3x2... (thats 7 factorial)
I almost ordered something, decided to hold my mini-bucks til after they go back to work lol ( i barely can wait the normal time to ship, much less a month)
The shipping from HK sure does not make any sense. I know many have been having issues of slow delivery.
I have an order from Hobby King placed on Feb 1. It is a large order with a plane in it. It was shipped HK Post. It is out for delivery to me today. I have also had about 5 orders after the first if Jan. from different vendors either in HK or mainland China, all taking from the quickest of 8 days to 15 days. I have been lucky. Yet in October, orders from some of these vendors took as much as 45 days.
The whole shipping thing makes no sense why some wait 4 weeks or more and others wait 2 weeks or less.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:36 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
They are pretty annoying but is it safe to remove those things?
They help to align lower chassis plates. I wouldn't remove them.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:01 PM
Serbia, Vojvodina, Temerin
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Hi!

Hello everyone! my name is Chris, and im new to this forum, although ive been following it since a couple of months now.

I got my heli about a month ago, and guess what, crashed it on the first flight and broke the main shaft...
The spare parts have arrived, and i put the bird together again. My problem is, that after mounting and unmounting the whole thing, i just cant seem to find the right setup of the swashplate.

I would kindly like to ask you to measure the lenght of the servo arms -aileron and elevator- and let me know (by the way, my heli is full stock).

Thanks in advance and congratulations on this awensome forum!
cheers
KrstoMagic is offline Find More Posts by KrstoMagic
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrstoMagic View Post
Hello everyone! my name is Chris, and im new to this forum, although ive been following it since a couple of months now.

I got my heli about a month ago, and guess what, crashed it on the first flight and broke the main shaft...
The spare parts have arrived, and i put the bird together again. My problem is, that after mounting and unmounting the whole thing, i just cant seem to find the right setup of the swashplate.

I would kindly like to ask you to measure the lenght of the servo arms -aileron and elevator- and let me know (by the way, my heli is full stock).

Thanks in advance and congratulations on this awensome forum!
cheers
Welcome to the wonderful world of the F45! Boy that was one heck of a crash to bend the main shaft.

I am going to assume that you are really talking about the linkages and not the arms themselves. My elv is 35.2 and ail is 38.6. These will vary from model to model. With this in mind, the proper way to setup the swash is to place heli on a level surface, turn it on and let it bind. Level the swash by eye from the front and from the side. (the linkage ends will only fit on one side so full turns are in order).Turn the heli off, then re-bind again to check your progress. Once set, spin'er up and let it lift off the ground at least 4 feet to get it out of the rotor wash. As the heli is hovering, note if the heli wants to go side to side, front to back, and adjust your trims accordingly until you can get it to hover darn near hands free. Land the heli and note how much you had to adjust your trims and adjust your linkages accordingly. (note that moving one will also effect the other so do a little at a time). Return your trims to zero (0) and lift off again. Repete until you are happy with your hover.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:56 PM
Serbia, Vojvodina, Temerin
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Thanks for your quick response!

Indeed i was talking about the linkages. :-)
I will use this method to set it up correctly...

I was thinking, and came up with this theorhetical question: does it make any difference, if the swashplate is sitting higher or lower (example lenght of the servo linkages:38.6-35.2=3.4mm OR 33.6-30.2=3.4mm). I assume the pin on the swash (which is moving freely up and down) should be somewhere in the middle of its path... just thinking :-D
anyway, thank you for your answer!
greets
KrstoMagic is offline Find More Posts by KrstoMagic
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrstoMagic View Post
Thanks for your quick response!

Indeed i was talking about the linkages. :-)
I will use this method to set it up correctly...

I was thinking, and came up with this theorhetical question: does it make any difference, if the swashplate is sitting higher or lower (example lenght of the servo linkages:38.6-35.2=3.4mm OR 33.6-30.2=3.4mm). I assume the pin on the swash (which is moving freely up and down) should be somewhere in the middle of its path... just thinking :-D
anyway, thank you for your answer!
greets
The height of the swash is set by design and not adjustable up or down. Once your swash is level that is it's proper height.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:06 PM
Joined Mar 2009
134 Posts
Nice Airwolf fuselage. It looks to fit the tail length better than my EC-135 with out hacking the tail. By the way y'all, I flew the scale flight last night with a socket in the front of the battery where the pilots would sit to to balance the center of gravity, and it flew decent, except it still needs better forward. I will tilt the swashplate forward 1 turn on elevator and 1.5 turn out on the linkages and fly her again, and hopefully when I redo her again for power upgrades, I am going to add some led's, re-install and see how new power handles the EC-135 fuselage, then order some blades that produce lift instead of nimbleness and see how well scale moderate speed forward left circuits work to reduce tail motor wear. Then another build is imminent. I figured use the upgrades on it, blow off a micro or 250, and do a Tarot 450 FBL TT. The Oomodel kit with shipping is only $129, and build up everything from there with decent electronics as money permits, the ones everyone says work well, get used to that, then go scale with it in a Bell 222, because I miss roll out take offs and landings in a UH-60 Black Hawk. It was on the Blade CX3 upgraded and flew the absolute best coaxial flight I could get with zero wind nicely. LED's set it off at night with a scale realism that I really LOVE. Anyway, I have personally gotten to fly at night in a Bell 47 and in the day in a Army Huey. WoW, what a machine. I was an Air Craft Mechanic in the Hurricane Hunters and got to fly in the C-130's that were totally all upgraded while I served the Air Force, and shortly after I completed my time, they boneyarded everyone of them and got all new bad ass ones. I have been wondering about the LiPo issue Boeing has been having. Any news, or I guess no news is good vews. Just still dreaming about another project. and awaiting parts orders. And I still want to do a Great White Shark/F-45, for the fun of it for summer. My little girl loves to go to the Air Shows, and so do I. Good Luck with building heli's addiction, just try to keep cost low and fly a lot. Cheers
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Last edited by scottheli; Feb 13, 2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: forgot
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:14 PM
Joined Feb 2013
142 Posts
HI there!
Before reading 448 pages (what I will do calmly...) Anyone can give me advice for a second battery? Should I get the same as original? Or should get one of these 2200mah? (I would really prefer that option, to have more "fuel"...). In that case, any model you have already tested all of you? Link?
Thanks a lot people!
Regards,
Alberto
Albert3650 is offline Find More Posts by Albert3650
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert3650 View Post
HI there!
Before reading 448 pages (what I will do calmly...) Anyone can give me advice for a second battery? Should I get the same as original? Or should get one of these 2200mah? (I would really prefer that option, to have more "fuel"...). In that case, any model you have already tested all of you? Link?
Thanks a lot people!
Regards,
Alberto
This is a popular one I believe.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:28 PM
Joined Feb 2013
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Thanks a lot
More opinions?
This battery can be charged without problems with stock F45 charger? And how much time does it provide to flight?
Thanks again
Albert3650 is offline Find More Posts by Albert3650
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:04 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
Gadgit the Airwolf is looking great. Pretty cool for a first attempt. I can't wait for a video.

Sorry about that. Try this one without music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKTGG...ature=youtu.be

Rick
Rick, I just got home from late shift and sat having my dinner and a beer (and maybe a small whisky ) with the ear phones on (The Wife's watching telly) and watched your vid. Thanks for doing that .

That's a thing of beauty you've created there, at night AND in daylight. You can tell you're no newcomer to the sticks too.

I'll say something: you really MUST have acute hearing... I wouldn't (deliberately) go that close to the trees witn my glasses on

Again, thanks again for making my evening meal just a tad more enjoyable.
Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:21 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
506 Posts
Welcome to the forum Alberto!

Quote:
This is a popular one I believe.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html
I would order it from the US warehouse- even if you don't live in the US. Otherwise it could take a month or more to get to you. Chinese New Year...
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc