HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:12 PM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
My F45 finally arrived! I prefer my R/C aircraft to resemble scale models of real aircraft. I've always liked the Hughes 300, so I wasn't about to leave the F45 alone. The canopy is from a Syma Schweizer 300 ($5.99 shipped on eBay - comes in blue, too).

I hope you like it!

Rick
Is really nice!! do you need a mod to install?...
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:44 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc View Post
ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! LMAO

TBH, if you get yours first I can just follow your progress without any bugs to work out LOL.

Since the PCBs are only about $10, I wonder if we can find a 1st or 2nd gen one to try...
Similar idea, just the other way round. I was thinking of a 2nd gen heli (can still get them in Germany) then I could always swap the PCB for a 3rd gen somewhere down the road if the old one cacks out and I can't get a 2nd gen replacement. I have 2x 3rd gen TXs anyway and only one heli left.

Is there anything I've missed which would make that idea a bad one? Is the 2nd gen PCB maybe more prone to damage due to having a vertical gyro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Maybe this will help. If you want to use a switch, I circled where you should put it. I just plug the deans in to power up.
AHHHHHH!!! Pictures for my poor little brain

Crystal clear now arrowshooter, thanks. So the deans goes straight to the battery and you've just disconnected the original battery leads with the female jst on them
... and yes, just where the jst plug is is exactly where I wanted to put the switch . I just wouldn't have the extra cables on the ESC as my original battery supply is still there.

Cheers
Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:34 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
OK, my question was ignored, let's try it again.

This is how I have connected everything:

With everyhing connected like this when I pair the Tx with the heli, the motor starts responding only at 58% throttle and at 62% throttle is running already at full rpm.

I read that I need to set the throttle range in ESC, so I did everything as one tutorial said (Tx at 100% throttle, turn on Rx, then turn on the ESC (the reason why I have a connector on the ESCs red power cord), set 0% throttle, turn off) but It somehow didnt working after restart. After setting throttle to 0% and slowly increasing it, the motor starts responding at 20% and at 80-90% is runing at full rpm, so it looks like its working normally. But after turning everything off and back on, it again works only in range 58-62%, looks like the ESC didnt saved the throttle settings.

Anyway, is this range 20-90% normal? If yes, I can simply connect a switch at that red power wire and start like: first power on the Rx, pair and then turn on the ESC.
Or this is the correct way it should working? With that switch/connector on the ESCs power vire?

Please, help me, I'm stuck!
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:34 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso View Post
Is really nice!! do you need a mod to install?...
It was quite easy to install the Syma 300 canopy. The inside of the back of the canopy has two tubes molded in. I cut a piece of nylon pushrod tubing to fit between them. This was mounted in the clear vinyl triangles (made from a Tic Tac candy box). The triangles are held on with the frame screws. I engineered the mount to be flexible in hopes of minimizing damage to the canopy if I suddenly "run out of altitude and airspeed." The front of the canopy has a rib that snaps nicely to the front of the battery tray.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:43 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
418 Posts
One added benefit of the 300 canopy is the wide open top to provide a good flow of air during hover. Unfortunately, forward flight might likely see the canopy just deflecting the air above the motor. Hopefully it will all balance out in the end.

Rick
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:00 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
OK, my question was ignored, let's try it again.

This is how I have connected everything:

With everyhing connected like this when I pair the Tx with the heli, the motor starts responding only at 58% throttle and at 62% throttle is running already at full rpm.

I read that I need to set the throttle range in ESC, so I did everything as one tutorial said (Tx at 100% throttle, turn on Rx, then turn on the ESC (the reason why I have a connector on the ESCs red power cord), set 0% throttle, turn off) but It somehow didnt working after restart. After setting throttle to 0% and slowly increasing it, the motor starts responding at 20% and at 80-90% is runing at full rpm, so it looks like its working normally. But after turning everything off and back on, it again works only in range 58-62%, looks like the ESC didnt saved the throttle settings.

Anyway, is this range 20-90% normal? If yes, I can simply connect a switch at that red power wire and start like: first power on the Rx, pair and then turn on the ESC.
Or this is the correct way it should working? With that switch/connector on the ESCs power vire?

Please, help me, I'm stuck!
Zarrick

I take it you have a 3rd gen F645 with the flat gyro. Now that I see your diagram, I can see that you want to put a switch where zdawg has one, but for a different reason.

Zdawg found out that if you power up the ESC at the same time as the heli the engine starts rotating, and the same when powering down - rotates after the TX is switched off. He added a switch to cure this problem, but I don't know if he also had the same problem you are having.

Read over the past few pages, as I have been asking a lot of related questions. I have also put a link to the original problem and resolution on, I think, the previous page.

Good luck
Fin

Edit:
Problem - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post23893067 - post #5875

Solution - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post23979648 - post #6151

Pictures - post #6153
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tiggertoo1962; Feb 10, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Jeez do YOU have a lot of trees for your neighbours . I'd want my heli on a string if I was going to attempt that . Bet you go somewhere else to practice your banked turns though
Yeah gets a bit tricky here. Haven't taken it anywhere else yet for any higher speed stuff. Looking forward to seeing what this heli can do out in the open
Anyone know about the 808 camera and if it can take single shots every few seconds?
Also RCMan what is the Airwolf fuselage that you are using?
Hey Ricomon, nice shots mate. looks good
Gaz
gadgit7 is offline Find More Posts by gadgit7
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:48 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
tiggertoo1962 thanks for Your answer! But sadly thats not like my problem. I have problem with setting the throttle range, but I think that switch on the ESCs power cord could fix it.
I dont know what generation is my PCB but I bought the heli in December 2012 and the gyro is vertical in a black heatshrink tube

Anyway, if anyone had problems with setting the throttle range in ESC, please, contact me.

PS: How about that throttle range I mentioned? 20%-80%, is it OK?

///Oh, man, I really dont know what is with this. I tryed to set the range about 100 times, but after setting 0% throttle it never beeps (confirmation beep). And also sometimes it enters into the ESCs settings menu (beep, beep, beepbeep, beepbeep etc.) even if I'm only pairing the Tx with heli and setting 100% and 0% throttle! I'm done...
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Last edited by Zarrick; Feb 10, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
It was quite easy to install the Syma 300 canopy. The inside of the back of the canopy has two tubes molded in. I cut a piece of nylon pushrod tubing to fit between them. This was mounted in the clear vinyl triangles (made from a Tic Tac candy box). The triangles are held on with the frame screws. I engineered the mount to be flexible in hopes of minimizing damage to the canopy if I suddenly "run out of altitude and airspeed." The front of the canopy has a rib that snaps nicely to the front of the battery tray.

Rick
thank you so much. Yo have an amazing brain...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
thank you so much. Yo have an amazing brain...
but with the 2000 mah lipo it has enough space?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:07 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Hi Zarric,

I'll try to line this out as easy as I can. You can use the switch in place of unplugging the xt60.

1) Take the red wire off of the plug from the esc to the pcb.
1a) Disconnect the tail motor plug from the pcb.
2) Disconnect the JST plug between the pcb an xt60 and plug a separate battery to the pcb and bing Tx/Rx as normal. If you are using the switch just keep it off.
3) Move throttle stick to the top and plug another battery into the xt60. Again, if you have the switch, turn it on now.
4) When you here the "beep-beep" move stick to the bottom. When you hear "beep-beep-beeeeeeeeep", unplug the battery from the xt60.
5) Unplug the battery from the jst plug and turn off Tx.
6) Hook everything back up normal and go flying.

I hope this helps.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Last edited by arrowshooter; Feb 10, 2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: added 1a
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:11 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
908 Posts
Hi yall,
Me again, heres a look at my airplane, lol
I love this 1 something to break up the talk

LARGE FLYING RC PAPER AIRPLANE (3 min 13 sec)

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Mar 2009
131 Posts
Blade Grip Slop

Hello all. I just decided to take the blades off and take a look at the slop in the grips. The pin fits into the brass with minimal play, the slop is in the blade grips themselves. I tried a couple of old inner shafts and one would work with a little bit of the brass and grips drilled out for slop free blade grips. I might try that tomorrow and report findings. Has anyone else found a better solution? If so, I would love to hear it. As far as BL goes, as I said before, the slow boat from China came to a dead stop with their holiday until Feb. 16th. Man I need those parts. Also, anyone had good luck with the made for it BL kit, the one with the a circuit board connected to the BL motor. I assume that is their version of an ESC, please correct me if I am wrong someone. I too am looking for a really lightweight durable 300 size fuselage, like a Bell 212 or 206. Those Esky bodies are fiberglass and one said the weight was 61grams I think. It must be light weight to work. Anyone finds something, please let us all know. I am looking for a great white toy shark to hack up for body , use one up and one down stock tail fins painted gray, and a HK or ebay shark head, hence a flying real looking great white. OK yall lets do it. Best looking SHARK, any species gets a KUDOS, and so do all of you for enjoying such an awesome hobby. Most people dont even have a hobby. Nice job on the Sweizer 300. A GREAT WHITE with lights for summer is my pick. Hurry up parts!!!! ScottHeli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:33 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
418 Posts
Quote:
but with the 2000 mah lipo it has enough space?
With the rear stop removed from the battery tray, the front edge of the 2000mAH Li-po will only come forward as far as the front edge of the stock 1500mAH Li-ion.

Rick
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:59 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Hey Guys
Can anyone tell me what the size is for the F45? Is it a 450 or 500? Looking at fuselage options in case I don't use my liebao airwolf one.
Cheers
Gaz
gadgit7 is offline Find More Posts by gadgit7