HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
got the gearbox/motor/prop in for my micro plane. oh my, i can see a multi-engine foamie in my future. speaking of foamies, i am still looking for foam to do my 'F45 foamie' LMFAO
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:48 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
the 'new' old style gyros

seems there is a 'new style' old rx pcb gyro. My first old style gyro had no covering, the 3 'new' old style i seen lately all have a cover, appears to be shrinktube-like in nature. I wonder if there is a reason for this.
A bit windy today, winds variable to 25 mph. I caught a gust and had fun... standing on the throttle, all ahead full... not moving at all! Suddenly the bird caught its breath and SHOT foward. I bet i didnt loose 20 feet in altitude... sure as had foward authority The police was making a call, said 'you sure can fly good'. Made ma day
cheers lads
wheels up, lets go flyin
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:53 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
seems there is a 'new style' old rx pcb gyro. My first old style gyro had no covering, the 3 'new' old style i seen lately all have a cover, appears to be shrinktube-like in nature. I wonder if there is a reason for this.
A bit windy today, winds variable to 25 mph. I caught a gust and had fun... standing on the throttle, all ahead full... not moving at all! Suddenly the bird caught its breath and SHOT foward. I bet i didnt loose 20 feet in altitude... sure as had foward authority The police was making a call, said 'you sure can fly good'. Made ma day
cheers lads
wheels up, lets go flyin
All of the new (old) boards I got came naked too. I put shrink tube on there cuz it made sense to have a little protection from the occasional flybar hit.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:20 PM
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
new guy

Hey guys, im new to the forum. Ive been flying for a few months now and really enjoy it. i have enjoyed learning about the heli's ... both from reading here and from my own experience. i love improving performance of anything with a throttle. anyway thought i would post some photos of my bird and introduce myself! i have done a few simple mods such as blade shims to stiffen. vent for cooling and servo arm slot. check it out. also have a 2625 brushless kit on the way!
A.gordon7 is offline Find More Posts by A.gordon7
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:52 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.gordon7 View Post
Hey guys, im new to the forum. Ive been flying for a few months now and really enjoy it. i have enjoyed learning about the heli's ... both from reading here and from my own experience. i love improving performance of anything with a throttle. anyway thought i would post some photos of my bird and introduce myself! i have done a few simple mods such as blade shims to stiffen. vent for cooling and servo arm slot. check it out. also have a 2625 brushless kit on the way!
Welcome A.gordon7. Sounds like you and I have the same thoughts about what throttle is all about.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:24 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Sure, its really as simple as variations during manufacture. To much material on one end and then adding more weight in tape on a inbalanced part.

Just put some tape on the other blade at COG to even them out weight wise.

Holy smoke batman, now why didn't I think of that?

Probably cos I did it in a hurry before going on nightshift. Well I'm home now, but unfortunately it's too windy to get any flying done, so I think I'll just read a few posts, have a rum with tea - as opposed to a tea with rum - and hit the sack

G'night all.
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:39 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.gordon7 View Post
First of all, welcome to the forum A.gordon7. Really like the canopy vent. I just drilled two 10mm holes side by side and used snips to join them up, bur your's looks the part - and I'll bet the form channels the air toward the motor really well. Have to see if mine can still be salvaged .

Greetz
Fin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:54 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I still haven't found what I'm looking for - and I still haven't found to tool to help me find what I'm looking for.

I came up with a wonky idea. I have an old Syma S022 here with a 27mhz tx/rx. The helicopter doesn't fly worth beans as the whole thing is crap, but I had an idea... What if I used the little PCB to run some lights and a buzzer? With a small battery I would bet it could run for quite some time and you could use the TX to get the lights to go, or the buzzer, or both? I'm just guessing this could work.

Otherwise I was looking at some of these. I still don't like any of these as much as the idea that Whizgig was looking at.

http://www.keyringer.com
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14521
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ne_Finder.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21430
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17746
Hi Rexless,

Now which one of my ideas were you talking about?
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:33 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsonbm View Post
yes I know

but the thing is that I also have several helicopters such as Belt Cp, and Falcon 400 6ch helciopters,

but the MJX is the first helicopter I can fly without fear, because its incredible high crash resistance,

I fly the belt cp, that of course the wind doesnt make him to much, so why not only place a camera on it, and make videos such as MJX F45?

1.- belt cp Doesnt has a 45 flybar with autoesabilization ( I had never flown my belt cp more dan 35-50 metres away from me, and maybe 15 metres high) with the MJX F45 I had flown 190 metres away and some times 50-60 metre high, (i know the MJX F45 has a 150 range control, that time I was flying 190 metres away when I lost the signal (check the picture and video). The point is that the 45 flybar doesnt allow you to put the helicopter too steep, and if you leave the stick it will put parallel to the ground, so this way yo can fly really high, and dont worry to fall high speed fall.

2.- so the belt cp cant go 190 away? for sure it could, but if you get it hurries, and need to put the trottle down fast,you will have a 35-80 USD crash for sure, and with the MJX F45, probablly just stand it up, and fly again, or a minor damage.

3- with the MJX F45 had had crash with trees many times check also this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSLVPv2PdrE,

I just take the heli, put it in the goound and fly again, with other helicopters such as belt cp, that would be a 20-35 USD crash (and is not only the money, the time to parts arrive, and time repairing or replaceing parts)

so the belt cp its like a 200 USD shipped helicopter, and MJx its a 100 USD shipped helicopter and Im pretty sure its a better helicopter, that could do 3D flight, high wind resistance, but IMO for a begginner- Intermediate pilot, is not as fun as the MJX F45 is.

and I had spend maybe more than 500 USD repairing the belt cp

and in the MJX F45, I just need to replace the main and tail motors, because they are brushed, 9 USD for both motors,

the brushless conversion could be like 40 USD (20 for motor, and 20 for ESC) (I already have) the tail upradeing could be around 15-20 USD) sounds interesting

I have 6 batteries for my MJX F45, so I go to the parck and (real flight time) like 1 hour, even with crashed I still fly the same moment because I didnt need to repair anything, I think I have had more than 100 flights in two months fliing in the weekends, more than the flights I had with the BELT CP in a year, because when I crash with it, I had to wait like month to have spare parts.

just IMO probably Expert Pilots, will say MJX F45 its a crap helicopter that cant do 3D even cant fly as well as a 90 degree Fixed pitch helciopter could (honey bee FP), but I had never had and helicopter as funny as MJX F45,

but well is just my opinion,
Sir,

May i know what brand/model of brushless motor you used to replace main and tail f45 motor?

I like to upgrade my F45, but really really need your advice.

thank you.
firadhom is offline Find More Posts by firadhom
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:01 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Hi Rexless, Now which one of my ideas were you talking about?
Err.. um. It was late and I meant to say OldOz. Appologies!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:16 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
My R/C Room

Finally after waiting 27 years I have a spare room.

It has taken 27 years to finally get my own R/C Room.

My youngest daughter has finally moved out of home Yippee!!

It's mine all mine
I am at this moment moving all of my stuff that has been put here and there around the house into Yes!! My own R/C Room.

I will have work benches so no more working out in the kitchen on the table and bench, my tools will finally have a home and I can have shelves to put all of my heli's and planes on and draws for tools and my stuff.

I will post some pics when it is done.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:37 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,200 Posts
Quote:

It's mine all mine
I am at this moment moving all of my stuff that has been put here and there around the house into Yes!! My own R/C Room.

I will have work benches so no more working out in the kitchen on the table and bench, my tools will finally have a home and I can have shelves to put all of my heli's and planes on and draws for tools and my stuff.

LOL NICE, your lucky to have that!
Someday that will happen for me (assuming my kids will move out!), but for now I need to use the dining table area!
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:55 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Rexless -

Sadly, my recovery ideas (and all R/c) have been on hold since the recent cyclone we had down the East coast here: extensive flooding - along with wind damage - and power outages. Bit of damage to the workshop (but nothing compared to the 1000 or so whose homes were lost), and a heck of a lot of failed client PCs to repair.
But nearly back on top of things now.
I think Bob said he was going to try the radio locator, maybe he has the bits by now. Either way, will try to get back to heli R&D asap.
Regards

Firadhom -
The BL main is an easy mod (the 'BL main motor converter' is on the stock PCA), BL tail not so much.
Was doing a fair bit of work on this, but - though I've got a full BL conversion that flies reasonably, just not as good as brushed yet. Still a work in progress too.

Whizgig -
Congrats on the hobby room! - it'll make all the difference in the world. An escape den, too!
Also congratulations on missing our floods - see the mess in Bundaberg? Poor folks there.
Cheers
John
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:01 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
625 Posts
Quote:

Same for me, my daughter moved one year ago, but my wife wanted to fill her room with lots of things (she's painting, and her equipment and finished pictures take lots of place), so I had to fight hard to have also a little place for my heli stuff !

Quote:
I will have work benches so no more working out in the kitchen on the table and bench
But then you will longer not have the fun of tissues flying all around and making your wife happy !

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:37 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,572 Posts
Quote:

It's mine all mine

See Eugene, dreams really CAN come true

I'm still dreaming, but then again, I'm only 50 and I started late

At least my 14-year-old has a boyfriend, but I think my 13-year-old is too much like me... she's gonna fight the urge to grow up as long as humanly possible
RCG Plus Member